Bleh, I don't want to hear about another expansion. Give me D2.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Bleh, I don't want to hear about another expansion. Give me D2.
    That's like hoping for WoW 2. I think we know the chances of that happening.

Looks pretty interesting though for the leak thing. I got into Destiny only recently and even as a solo player it's been pretty interesting. I wish though my friend would actually play with me, but eh. Best part is I don't have to pay monthly in addition to my PS Plus account so I'm fine with just putting it down until new stuff comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's like hoping for WoW 2. I think we know the chances of that happening.

Looks pretty interesting though for the leak thing. I got into Destiny only recently and even as a solo player it's been pretty interesting. I wish though my friend would actually play with me, but eh. Best part is I don't have to pay monthly in addition to my PS Plus account so I'm fine with just putting it down until new stuff comes out.
    What are you talking about? Their original plan was to release a new version of destiny every couple of years. It was even announced earlier this year. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/des.../1100-6434724/

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    What are you talking about? Their original plan was to release a new version of destiny every couple of years. It was even announced earlier this year. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/des.../1100-6434724/
    Oh, must of missed that. Is it even going to be a full blown new game, or carry over your character?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh, must of missed that. Is it even going to be a full blown new game, or carry over your character?
    It'll be a new $60 game and your characters will carry over. That's what they said when Destiny was being developed at least. They wanted to do a new game every 2 years for the next 10 years, and allow your characters to carry over for each one.

Rise of Iron hype!

Considering how much The Taken King had to offer, and all the improvements from the recent 335 update, have a lot of faith in the new expansion. The only downside has been the time between updates, but outside of that they keep improving and keep making better choices.

Should be real good!

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Looks like we know what the next expansion will be called now: http://kotaku.com/leaked-poster-reve...-of-1777705438

Official reveal will most likely be at E3 and I am super excited to find out what's coming.
    After everything up to the taken king being recycled content cut from the original base game seeing stuff based around the cosmodrome again makes me really apprehensive of it. Their update rate has been poor to say the least and while i love the gameplay the price has thus far never been a solid representation of what i get out of it. If its another "5 hour story followed by months of grinding the same shit" i can just pass on it since things like Monster Hunter Generations is like 7 weeks away and i know ill get hundreds of hours out of that. I know the more dudebro halo fan "get hype" screamer streamer sort of player can enjoy repeating the same thing for months with no variance but i need something a bit more inventive from destiny at this point. TTK has some fun ideas but it all feels so barebones and dull gameplay wise outside of the raids and i dont know how long "kill waves of hive thralls" or "heres another cabal tank" can be regurgitated before it becomes more than tedious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my moneys worth out of TTK legendary edition. 150 + hours for 60 Bucks. I'll be getting Rise of Iron for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch day! Bannerbannerbannerbannerbanner! Chest, arms, fusion, sidearm in control! Get to work!

So if the rumors are true the next Destiny expansion will leave Xbox360 and Playstation 3 players behind
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...players-behind
    Destiny's next expansion, Rise of Iron, will leave behind PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 players when it launches this autumn.

Bungie has yet to announce the news officially, but a listing for the add-on visible on developer Bungie's official site only has it down for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

There's a date, too: 20th September.

Destiny fans quickly spotted the details, which presumably were not meant to be visible just yet:
    Bungie will likely firm up both of these details tomorrow during its Rise of Iron reveal stream, scheduled for 6pm UK time.

Additionally, an Xbox store listing for Rise of Iron (spotted by NeoGAF) has detailed its contents. It is set beyond the now-collapsed Cosmodrome wall in a new area of Earth called The Plaguelands. New story missions, a new strike, a new raid, a new social space, a new enemy type plus fresh gear and a Light level cap increase are all included.

Destiny has been pushing the limits of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for some time. Last autumn, Activision had to assist last-gen Destiny players with extra hard drive space if they were playing on 4GB machines. Since then, some emotes have only been available on PS4 and Xbox One due to last-gen memory restrictions.

It's likely that Bungie never originally intended to segregate expansions between console generations, but with the delay of Destiny 2 and Rise of Iron as a replacement for this year, the base game is being stretched far further than originally intended.

Rise of Iron will apparently reveal the story of what happened to Destiny's Iron Lords, a famed fireteam of fighters who defended Earth's last city in its time of need.

Earlier this evening, Bungie issued this quick teaser clip. Behold Iron Banner boss Lord Saladbar with a couple of wolves:
    Personally I feel Destiny should have never been on last gen and I feel like of Design choices happen because it was.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-08 at 07:02 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Some industry folks at E3 are talking online about this basically being call of duty zombies: destiny edition but they are "fallen plague mutants" or something instead.

Is this really the best they can do with the story of Destiny? Zombies?

I want to love this game because the gameplay is so much fun but god talk about going from a great jumping off point to completely eating shit on the landing story wise. I'll wait and see but good lord zombies are about 15 years too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer has leaked

https://youtu.be/YKxhBMsArBM

- - - Updated - - -

Hyped for this

So gally is back but only if you pre-order.....

Roflmao....OMG my sides hurt so much from laughing.

If its anything like the original that means the best weapon in the game will be behind a pre-order paywall and officially making Destiny p2w.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-09 at 01:00 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to say they are going back on the "Pay to Win" in the micro market, but since this is for pre-order, they are technically still right.

All the same though, fuck Bungie/Activision.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Edit: The other thing I find fucked up is if the rumor is truth they won't be supporting last gen. Ya that gen needs to die but not via fucken DLC. Destiny 2 should be current gen only but everything in between should be on last gen.

Nice big fuck you to last gen players.

Edit1: Ok they just annouced only the skin is pre-order. The weapon itself can be got by everyone via a quest chain.

Edit2: Confirmed to be current gen only. So nice way of fucking your community there bungie. It would have made alot more sense to wait until Destiny 2.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-09 at 08:03 PM.

Weapon is pre-order only for a Iron version, can get normal from a quest-line. It's purely a weapon skin, not pay-to-win at all. That's no problem. And no point bitching about leaving previous gen behind, people have wanted that forever and it's been holding the game back. $30 price is cheap too.

Screenshot of the update features:

There's nothing wrong with these things, your hate for Bungie is showing.

edit: Nice summary from reddit:

• Next Gen Only! Rise of Iron is exclusively for Xbox One and PS4.
    • Anyone can get the Gjallarhorn Y2 from a quest, you forge it from the armor of fallen heroes. However, you can only get the "Iron Gjallarhorn" from a preorder (Iron Gjallarhorn is the black and silver one).
    • Plaguelands. Inside old Russia. It's been locked off for centuries by the Vanguard and Lords of Iron. It has new patrols, public events, etc.
    • The Wall. It has "changed significantly" from when we first saw it.
    • New Raid! "Very exciting and very cool".
    • New and updated Strikes.
    • New Patrols and Public Events.
    • Updated Crucible. New Maps, New Mode (Note that mode is singular), and New Features (ambiguous).
    • Rise of Iron costs $30 USD.
    • "The Cosmodrome has changed significantly".
    • Felwinter Peak, which overlooks Old Russia, holds the "Iron Temple", where the Iron Lords kept watch over humanity. The players will have to take back the Iron Temple, which is the new social space. It is likely that the first mission in Rise of Iron will be taking back the Iron Temple. You can learn more about the lore of the Iron Lords in this temple.
    • Technological plague called "Seeva" ("Civa"?, "Sieva"? "Ceeva"?) the Iron Lords (except Saladin) sacrificed themselves to contain this plague.
    • Jolder, as known by the gun "Jolder's Hammer" was female. The expansion will delve into the identities of the Iron Lords.
    • Players can not get their own wolves like Saladin has.
    • The Fallen, being infatuated with technology, have burrowed into Golden Age vaults and found Seeva, and are using it to transform themselves into "Machine Gods".
    • The big walker towards the end of the trailer was referred to as the "Death Zamboni" but no further elaboration was offered aside from the implication that it is part of the Raid.
    • Maximum Light will increase "significantly". However, they would not give a number.
    • It's an axe, not a hammer. It is known as a relic, similar to the scorch cannon or Aegis, it is a temporary powerup that can be found in the world.
    • More information will be revealed at E3 in LA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Weapon is pre-order only for a Iron version, can get normal from a quest-line. It's purely a weapon skin, not pay-to-win at all. That's no problem. And no point bitching about leaving previous gen behind, people have wanted that forever and it's been holding the game back. $30 price is cheap too.

Screenshot of the update features:

There's nothing wrong with these things, your hate for Bungie is showing.
    The only things in this list that will last beyond week 1, will be the Raid, and the new Crucible Map. Everything else is short term, temporary filler.

"Weapon is pre-order only for a Iron version, can get normal from a quest-line" This is good at least.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, bye everything I've ever owned on the 360 version of the game :l

Either I play an Rise of Iron-less 360 version, or re-buy the game on the PS4
    Last edited by 3DTyrant; 2016-06-09 at 05:25 PM.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

The game is trying to pull me back in

$30 seems a bit steep for a DLC though

Judging by past expansions, you might have to. Unless you bought the taken king, you can't even do the old content anymore.