Friendly reminder this thread is about destiny not forza

Well i get up, shower and get my breakfast and sit down to play destiny expecting server down.

What i did not expect was "servers full, your place in the que 375,215!

Games dead they said, nobody plays it they said

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, calling it a night and i got my gjallarhorn, the new sword and the exotic version of the white quality gun you start with. Hunters now at 340, was 288 this morning.

Overall the new content is great. The story is way too short. In the space of two hours they introduce SIVA, you destroy the source and the rest is all clean up. What there was was very good however, no missions you will go 'oh god this one again' like TTK when getting your second and third characters through but honestly there are 3 characters with dialogue including the new cryptarc and maybe 4 cutscenes and after two and a half hours tops thats it, have an exotic sword and storys done. Sort of. It outright tells you at one point Rasputin is not just a Warmind like the Vanguard thinks and he has his own army of warframes and suped up exos so either thats a Destiny 2 hook or there will be more post launch quests unlocked in future weekly resets which would not surprise me.

The new weapons and mechanics are all great and the plaguelands is a really welcome change to the dreadnaught and feels huge with great art and the new enemys are great but they also added new behaviours for others like Wizards that will turn tail and run if they are the last hive standing and drop the void bubbles of smoke to slow you as they run to despawn, but they drop a new door unlock key if you can get them which changes things up.

Overall its shallow in some respects, 2 hour main story and one new strike and one remade one but its a good update with a lot of different things to do even if the traditional stuff is lacking.

I'm really interested right now in what the secrets in the plaguelands are, it looks like its pulling another dreadnaught where you can play for a year and still miss stuff if you dont know where to look. Like a smaller taken king but bigger house of wolves, and considering a bunch of queens guard related gears been datamined i think theres more story yet to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very disapointed by the length of this. It feels really short.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on that PC port.

I wonder what it's like to be a gaming company that is simply allergic to making money. That must be really lame for the employees. You put that shit on Steam or something, they're going to be bathing in money in no time. Because shooters belong on PCs, not consoles. And I want my purdy graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others said, the story was WAY too short. Aside from that, still having fun.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Is it worth the money though? Only 2.5 hours of story doesn't seem worth it to me.

Idc about new gear, but honestly only 1 new strike, a rehashed 1, and a new area aren't worth an expansion for me. Hell we get more out of a wow patch than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Is it worth the money though? Only 2.5 hours of story doesn't seem worth it to me.

Idc about new gear, but honestly only 1 new strike, a rehashed 1, and a new area aren't worth an expansion for me. Hell we get more out of a wow patch than that.
    I think by the looks of it -and datamined items- they arent blowing their load at launch like taken king and there is more stuff coming in weekly resets. Whats there is fantastic but not enough but theres too many rapsutin and queens guard things added but not in engrams or raid loot tables to suggest we got it all day one this time.

Which honestly might be better for longeivitys sake.

I think i'll still hold off on it. No sense in rushing into it. We all know it'll take ages for the next one anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who are thinking about waiting. I'd suggest it.

Wait till the raid comes out to see if it fits your tests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    For those who are thinking about waiting. I'd suggest it.

Wait till the raid comes out to see if it fits your tests.
    Seconding this. Best to wait and see how much content gets added to this. Only reason i even preordered was just to play with friends, basically just another hang out game for us. Im happy with it so far, story line to me felt as quick as TTK main story since i just burned thru it.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

I think i'll still hold off on it. No sense in rushing into it. We all know it'll take ages for the next one anyways.
    If rumors hold true we get Destiny 2 next year. Ya from what I been reading it really lack's upfront content and are slowly letting out the rest.

I say wait 4-6 months and see what is added.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If rumors hold true we get Destiny 2 next year. Ya from what I been reading it really lack's upfront content and are slowly letting out the rest.

I think the thing not helping it in that regard is a lot of folks still think its 'WoW the FPS' when its not, its 'Diablo the fps' but with raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think the thing not helping it in that regard is a lot of folks still think its 'WoW the FPS' when its not, its 'Diablo the fps' but with raiding.
    i hope they bring destiny to PC in some way, with destiny 2 if that's comming

I rly think Destiny could do extremely well on PC with a few tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh I agree but its loot system is no where near as good as WoW's,Diablos or even Borderlands.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

I'd say wait more like a month or two.

If you wait too long, you will end up getting left behind, and have a hard time getting groups. In 4-6 months, all the LFG sites will be over run with "WOTM - 390 Light+ - Must have Emblem". I doubt people would still be doing Normal mode much, so there really wouldn't be much of a way to get passed 365 light at that point.

I'd say wait more like a month or two.

If you wait too long, you will end up getting left behind, and have a hard time getting groups. In 4-6 months, all the LFG sites will be over run with "WOTM - 390 Light+ - Must have Emblem". I doubt people would still be doing Normal mode much, so there really wouldn't be much of a way to get passed 365 light at that point.
    There will always be normal mode groups. Alot of people don't like to bother with hard mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    There will always be normal mode groups. Alot of people don't like to bother with hard mode.
    After a while though, they will be quite difficult to find. And the ones you get, could be sub-par players (not always).

Oh I agree but its loot system is no where near as good as WoW's,Diablos or even Borderlands.
    Oh how I wish Destiny was more like borderlands. I still play that damn game.

After a while though, they will be quite difficult to find. And the ones you get, could be sub-par players (not always).
    Disagree. I made the jump from XB1 to PS4 and had to restart before TTK. I was able to do all the raids and everything, normal and hardmode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh how I wish Destiny was more like borderlands. I still play that damn game.

Disagree. I made the jump from XB1 to PS4 and had to restart before TTK. I was able to do all the raids and everything, normal and hardmode.
    I have a different experience. Perhaps it is the LFG Site I use.

On XB1 while using Destinyteamfinder.com, once hard mode is released, normal mode turns into a ghost town.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Is it worth getting into Destiny now if you never played it? Like I am a big fan of Bungie and their Halo series, so I am mostly interested in the PVP aspect of the game.

I played the demo to lvl 7 and went out to discover only to find out that everything was pretty much used over and over again, such as the outdoor content and the indoor stuff. Dunno how big the game is but what's the rest like? In Borderlands you had different zones with tons of different landscape, Destiny didn't seem to have that