Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/d...2-no-recoil-pc

Well, there was this bit from earlier. They clarified there was still going to be recoil, but it definitely feels super toned down, more akin to the silly lack of recoil that exists in CoD. I hope it's not just the weapons, either, since we'll be rolling with those (and better) sooner rather than later. The audio/visual feedback from guns are great, it's just the "tactile" feedback from recoil that feels super off to me.

I normally don't align too closely with their editors opinions, but I really do have to echo a lot of their criticisms about the game feeling too "easy". I can't compare to Destiny, since I never played, but a lot of it definitely feels like "cheating" due to the insane accuracy you can achieve - https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/30/des...-bit-too-easy/
    Personally I enjoy it and to me at lease it didn't feel much different then Destiny 1.

Different strokes tho, Trust me when u do the raiding it won't feel like cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

And the first DLC pack is already (Likely) detailed...........................................Urrrggggggg.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...---Report.html

Kotaku has reported that a source has shared some high-level details regarding Destiny 2's upcoming DLC. The first piece of DLC for Destiny 2 will focus around the space wizard Osiris and it will come with a patrol zone and new social space.

The DLC which is called 'The Curse of Osiris' is scheduled to release sometime in December and is centred around saving Osiris from the robotic alien Vex. It will also include a new patrol zone on the planet Mercury along with the new social space on the Lighthouse.

There has been no comment from Activision as of yet in regards to the details on the upcoming DLC. Destiny 2 will be releasing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on the 6th September. You can read more details about 'The Curse of Osiris' here.

To be slightly fair, its not officially confirmed yet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

1. Missions don't save partway through. If you quit during one, you start over. They're essentially the same as instanced dungeons in a MMO in that way.
    Oh. I didn't realize the multiplayer aspect, that people told me about when I mentioned a Pause button.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    they didn't really tell you about the class abilities(grenade, super etc.)I had to go into the keybinds to figure out how to use those.
    You could do more than just shoot and run? Probably would have made the gameplay more fun for me...

2. Go down below and you'll see what you need to shoot. Look at where the quest marker is, it's below where you're looking in that gif.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrash Umbra View Post
    I got confused here as well, but the quest marker is literally on what you have to shoot. Basically, you hop down to each of the lowered areas and fire into the fans in each. It's a little non-intuitive, but I figured it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    You mean besides the marker that literally points you In the direction to go?
    Yeah I had figured it out after googling it. Evidently other people had trouble too. I thought the marker (and the map marker) just generically pointed to undernearth the whole structure thing.

The criticism I have is that everything looks alike. The maps are really pretty, but everything looks similar and the parts you have to interact with don't stand out. I've stood over flashing monitors expecting something to happen while they were just part of the background, and I've also walked into doors that looked like the logical place to go next only to have some other door open instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    The criticism I have is that everything looks alike. The maps are really pretty, but everything looks similar and the parts you have to interact with don't stand out. I've stood over flashing monitors expecting something to happen while they were just part of the background, and I've also walked into doors that looked like the logical place to go next only to have some other door open instead.
    I'm not quite sure how that's an issue. Every single objective is pointed out quite clearly and marked on the map with the marker. There's also an arrow on your radar in the top left that constantly updates and points in the direction of every intended way to proceed. Everything you can interact with also has a marker on it, and as soon as you get close enough "Interact" pops up on the screen making it quite clear.

You're also seeing a very limited amount of play areas, the most variance generally ends up being between each planet. Although I'm not quite sure what you're generally used to, but being confused over very minor things like that seems to be a player issue than design issue. Particularly so not understanding the "Destroy the turbine" and claiming "and then I'm met with this bullshit" while posting a gif that highlights exactly what you're meant to do in that same gif.

The full game will obviously have more direction and instruction with what you're going to do. Destiny 1 at the beginning made it very clear how to use each ability/jump as you unlocked them around the start, I'd imagine it'll be the same. Perhaps after experiencing that it will make more sense overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And the first DLC pack is already (Likely) detailed...........................................Urrrggggggg.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...---Report.html

To be slightly fair, its not officially confirmed yet.
    I didn't realize that have future DLC's planned is such a negative? Unless you're going to complain "omg cut content from the game!!!" without having seen any of the game yet to even form a worthwhile opinion on that. It's pretty natural that in any game development cycle (or any development cycle really), that future content releases are already well under way before previous ones are released.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    I didn't realize that have future DLC's planned is such a negative? Unless you're going to complain "omg cut content from the game!!!" without having seen any of the game yet to even form a worthwhile opinion on that. It's pretty natural that in any game development cycle (or any development cycle really), that future content releases are already well under way before previous ones are released.
    With the History of Destiny 1, No I am not ok with there already being details of future DLC for Destiny 2. Bungie has already been known and proven to cut content before.

For me personally, I have already decided unless Destiny 2 (base) is packed with content I won't be buying any DLC well before that story came out. I am more then happy to drop Destiny 2 like a rock if its as light as Destiny 1 was.

Sorry but once bitten twice shy when it comes to Bungie.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played the intro mission and it reminded me that no FPS on the planet feels as smooth as Destiny 2. I'll check the reviews and see if people are enjoying it more than Destiny 1.

With the History of Destiny 1, No I am not ok with there already being details of future DLC for Destiny 2. Bungie has already been known and proven to cut content before.

For me personally, I have already decided unless Destiny 2 (base) is packed with content I won't be buying any DLC well before that story came out. I am more then happy to drop Destiny 2 like a rock if its as light as Destiny 1 was.

So pretty much what I said then. You haven't seen the full game at all, but still finding a way to complain about something that is industry standard across every single other DLC based game. Any game that mentions it's going to have future DLC or a season pass will nearly always have those future DLCs already in development and somewhat planned out. Do you honestly expect them to be working on the base game only without any forethought, development, or anything really towards the next content release? There's no way that's going to happen.

I thought you weren't going to buy Destiny 2 until you saw all the reviews anyway? Now that's stepped up to "I'm buying the base game and am happy to drop it" - which is something you never managed all through Destiny 1 and still purchased every DLC release. I really don't understand it. Despite so many repetitive complaints about a company/game, more often than not being blatantly factually false. Constantly claiming "fooled me once" numerous times with Destiny 1, how you're done with the game/company - yet you still continue to purchase and play all of it. Doesn't make sense, and obviously they've been doing something right to keep bringing you back despite all this.

Just wait until you see the full game before making complaints about "cut content", when pre-planning DLCs something that literally every other game does.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Just wait until you see the full game before making complaints about "cut content", when pre-planning DLCs something that literally every other game does.
    Once again like I said Once Bitten Twice Shy.

Already not ok with there pre-order bullshit.

Honestly we knew they were gonna have DLC this shouldn't be a surprise. Games like this need new content every few months and at least we seem to be getting more out of the DLC compared to "Dark Below".

I never played Destiny on console, I just started playing D2 beta and getting straight destroyed in PVP. But its not just me. It will seem like the entire team will be BAD, last round for example my team got only 19 kills compared to their 100+ I was POURING ammo into the other players and not even budging their HP yet they were killing me in what seemed like 2-3 shots, HUGE chunks of my HP would disappear at a time. I went back and looked at some of my replays and could see multiple times where 2 of us were shooting the same dude and HP just wasn't moving and then they kill both of us in seconds. When this is happening its happening to the whole team.

I am a pretty damn good FPS player (getting nukes in COD with ease) but something either seems very wrong in the beta or i'm missing a key aspect of the PVP in this game. Almost everyone has about the same armor and weapons.

Downloaded and tried out the PC Beta last night.

I must say, the game looks and runs amazing on the PC. I was able to completely max the graphics settings out at 1080p and keep the game over 100fps. It was buttery smooth and looked gorgeous.

If I didn't have all my friends (and wife) playing D2 on Xbox, I'd switch to PC this time around. But I'll still be more than happy to play it in 4K on my One X in November.

I'll jump on the train of people praising the performance - i have an i5-750 lynnfield and a gtx960 and i am playing at 2560x1440 with high details (just toned down AA) and it's smooth as hell (didn't check actual fps but sure as hell they were higher than expected).

Anyway i'm having a bad issue - i got to the plaza first time (so like 5 minutes after start) and no enemies spawned, the game kicked me out a couple of times then resetted the quest and had to start all over. Well, it's beta and i didn't care. But now it appears i'm only able to reach plaza, kill the enemy waves and when the mission tells me to get out of there he same thing happens over and over and it just resets everything.

I'll try with a new char this evevning (if i'm able to get in before beta ends) but it sucks to not be able to see more. The game looks and plays really well and i'm liking it a lot, even if PFS are not my favourite genre. It should be awesome to play with friends.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Once again like I said Once Bitten Twice Shy.

Already not ok with there pre-order bullshit.
    We all knew you'd come back and play Destiny 2 regardless, Jt. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I never played Destiny on console, I just started playing D2 beta and getting straight destroyed in PVP. But its not just me. It will seem like the entire team will be BAD, last round for example my team got only 19 kills compared to their 100+ I was POURING ammo into the other players and not even budging their HP yet they were killing me in what seemed like 2-3 shots, HUGE chunks of my HP would disappear at a time. I went back and looked at some of my replays and could see multiple times where 2 of us were shooting the same dude and HP just wasn't moving and then they kill both of us in seconds. When this is happening its happening to the whole team.

I am a pretty damn good FPS player (getting nukes in COD with ease) but something either seems very wrong in the beta or i'm missing a key aspect of the PVP in this game. Almost everyone has about the same armor and weapons.
    My tip is get sidearm and rush them.When you see they are out of shield just melee them should 1 shoot them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post

Not sure if you have checked into it or not, but your armor has adjustable stats. I suggest, if you feel easy to kill in PvP, move your Resilience and Recovery up as high as you can, and dump agility (or whatever it's called in part 2.) There is a noticeable difference once you max out your resilience.

Also, once you get better weapons, you will find it easier to take people down. My two favorites in the Beta were the Scathelocke Autorifle, and the Elemental Scout Rifle with the Full Auto perk. For heavy, I simply went with a Rocket Launcher since it was the most reliable for me.

Kinetic Weapons will boost your critical hit damage. Elemental Weapons will deal bonus damage to people who are using their Super. So, for example, if you see a Purple Titan running around, blast him with a Void Weapon. This will deal bonus damage to him.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2017-08-31 at 12:37 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is just easiest to share the link to the forum thread. But I encourage you to check this out. It is 100% worth it.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Pos...?sort=0&page=0
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account

Short of last minute tweaking, the game has been done for awhile. What do expect them to be working on?

It doesn't take all the teams to do bug fixes or polishing.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-08-31 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    We all knew you'd come back and play Destiny 2 regardless, Jt. :P
    Oh I never fully ruled it out, the PC beta made some much needed changes.

Still on the fence about buying it day 1.

Oh I never fully ruled it out, the PC beta made some much needed changes.

Still on the fence about buying it day 1.
    Same here - but it will depend a lot on what my friends will be doing. Since at least a couple of them will be interested, i think i'm going to buy it. And again, for PC it's not day1 since it will be out in a matter of days for console and we will have feedback from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Same here - but it will depend a lot on what my friends will be doing. Since at least a couple of them will be interested, i think i'm going to buy it. And again, for PC it's not day1 since it will be out in a matter of days for console and we will have feedback from that.
    Ya ill be getting it on PS4 first and likely maining it there. If there is a enough content and its fun ill likely get it for PC as well.

60FPS with this game is just sooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooood.

Ya ill be getting it on PS4 first and likely maining it there. If there is a enough content and its fun ill likely get it for PC as well.

60FPS with this game is just sooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooood.
    I'm totally baffled by the performance. i expected my old rig to run at 720 with max details and decently at 1080 toning down everything by quite a bunch. Instead it runs at 1440 with all at high with no issue whatsoever even in crowded areas.