10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamestia View Post
    Destiny better have a long life cycle from all this development time. I'll be coming home from overseas a few months after release.
    It has 10 years of development plans, as in there will be about 3 to 4 more games in the series in which you will be able to transfer your charqcters with all of their gear

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    It has 10 years of development plans, as in there will be about 3 to 4 more games in the series in which you will be able to transfer your charqcters with all of their gear
    This is if bungie doesnt destroy the franchise like they did thier last game. I think one thing thats going to hurt this game greatly is going to be the lack of crossplatform play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    This is if bungie doesnt destroy the franchise like they did thier last game. I think one thing thats going to hurt this game greatly is going to be the lack of crossplatform play.
    What did they ruin? Their last game was Halo reach, I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    What did they ruin? Their last game was Halo reach, I loved it
    If you only play campaign then Reach was fine. Halo isn't really known for great single player though sooo lets talk about multiplayer. Halo 3 years after release was holding down about 100k players per day. Halo Reach 3 months after release was struggling to break 30-40k. After a few years? Sub 20k easily. People say it was ruined because of all of the weird additions like Bloom and armor abilities along with the most pitiful collection of maps ever seen on a Halo game in the sense of it being an arena shooter. It was a BtB game which is a total departure from arena style FPS which is actually now a marketing point in Halo 5 that they're getting back to the arena style. Whatever the reasons everyone had though one thing is crystal clear and that is that the game couldn't hold the attention of its playerbase AT ALL compared to H3 even though it had record breaking early sales and that is why people consider it overall to be a failure.

Its a common theme for the bungie made halo games to be listed in this order CE > 2 > 3 > Reach with CE and 2 swapping around depending on the person. Notice how each one is held higher than the one before it usually lending to this overall feeling in the Halo community that bungie was ruining the series one after another. Some of it is nostalgia, kind of like WoW expansion orderings. Like if you asked me personally nothing will ever beat CE lans in my garage in 2001-2004 fun wise because of the people and how new everything was but objectively they have gone down in competitive merit every single iteration which is somewhat depressing. I guess its bound to happen with more and more new michael bayish abilities and random garbage they add on top of the original fomula though.

Sooo bringing that all back around to Destiny and people who are experienced with Bungie and the trend of their recent game releases. A lot of people are cautious or outright dismissive assuming they're going to just add on more crap nobody wanted. After actually playing the beta though I have high hopes for them. It feels like the game that they wanted Reach to be but they weren't allowed to do it since it had Halo before the Reach part. So they had to try and smash all of their new cool ideas into their already existing universe with Halo and it resulted in disaster. This time though they're free creatively and its only doing good things for the direction of the game since it isn't suffering from an identity crisis and its allowed to just be itself. We will have to see if they commit creative suicide again though if Destiny 2/3/4 etc ever come out.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-08-04 at 04:13 PM.

Looks good, I worry about re play value, what are the current issues? I haven't been following.

- - - Updated - - -

No downscaling? So what you just level through russia and never bother to go back? With only 4 zones this shit better have downscaling ffs.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Looks good, I worry about re play value, what are the current issues? I haven't been following.

- - - Updated - - -

No downscaling? So what you just level through russia and never bother to go back? With only 4 zones this shit better have downscaling ffs.
    There is suppose to be a lot of stuff to do once you reach lvl 20. And you actually continue to level past 20 by obtaining gear with a stat called "Light" on it. I think I remember seeing an article by Bungie somewhere where it showed a lvl 20 guardian having an effective level of somewhere around 30 because of all the Light stat on his gear. So gear progression is a big thing from the way it sounds.

Also, some of the low level zones have high level areas in them. For example, in the Beta, there were a few areas that had lvl 18 and lvl 20 mobs that you will have to come back to explore later on in the game (to do associated quests, and get hidden collectibles, and possibly even do higher lvl strikes and such). So there are definitely reasons to go back to earlier planets, even at higher levels.

It honestly looks and sounds like there is going to be A LOT to do, even after you hit the level "cap" at 20. Open world quests, PvP, strikes (aka dungeons), raids, gear progression, etc, etc. Most of the stuff you normally associate with an MMO (although I found Destiny to be much more refreshing than normal MMOs that come out nowadays).

Honestly, even though the lvl cap in the Beta was only lvl 8 and pretty much all you could do was Old Russia content (outside of the 2 hour window where you got to mess around on the moon), my wife and I still had a blast just running around, doing random quests, public events, and exploring. We were still finding little hidden areas and goodies even on the last day of the beta (as a side note, it amazed me how many people never found all 5 golden chests in Old Russia and didn't know that after finding all 5, it gave you a Sparrow upgrade). So I personally feel pretty confident that the game will have plenty to do at launch, and especially once they start adding in even more content after launch.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-08-05 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    although I found Destiny to be much more refreshing than normal MMOs that come out nowadays.
    It gets rid of so much bullshit that isn't needed anymore. I'm hoping MMOs will start to follow destiny.

I'm surprised no one else has posted this here yet.

Bungie confirmed that Beta characters and progress would be wiped:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/des.../1100-6421614/

While this is not a surprise to an MMO player such as myself, Bungie did get a lot of people's hopes up when they said last month that they MIGHT let everyone's progress carry over (especially people who had never played in a beta before, like my wife). I personally think it was just a ploy to get people to cram as much playtime as possible into the BETA to really stress test the servers and build the hype even more. I know that my wife played a lot more than she had planned on, because she was hoping everything she farmed in the beta would carry over to release (even though I kept warning her of what would probably actually happen :P).

Oh well, can't wait for launch now! I'm ready to get my Titan on! ^_^

Was only 8 levels, which wasn't hard to reach. Would have been ridiculous if I was able to keep some of the purple gear that I couldn't wear yet. Got a head piece that required level 20 during a death match one time.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Was only 8 levels, which wasn't hard to reach. Would have been ridiculous if I was able to keep some of the purple gear that I couldn't wear yet. Got a head piece that required level 20 during a death match one time.
    Oh I agree. Was just posting the announcement because Bungie themselves at hinted at progress carrying over and A LOT of first time beta testers were hoping it would happen (my wife one of them :P). I fully expected everything to get wiped, but some people had high hopes for the opposite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good. Would be rather silly to keep everything from beta anyway. Will probably get all that back before Xbox One people get to boot it up, which is rather sad. Hope the servers can manage come launch day, cause I'm sure I'm not the only one that took their vacation from work that week.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Good. Would be rather silly to keep everything from beta anyway. Will probably get all that back before Xbox One people get to boot it up, which is rather sad. Hope the servers can manage come launch day, cause I'm sure I'm not the only one that took their vacation from work that week.
    Total shot in the dark here, but I'm gonna bet that XBL handles the load better than PSN. Just calling it now :P.

And no, it's not because more people have a PS4.

Total shot in the dark here, but I'm gonna bet that XBL handles the load better than PSN. Just calling it now :P.

And no, it's not because more people have a PS4.
    Is it because of... THE CLOUD?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is it because of... THE CLOUD?
    Har har. No. :P

But possibly because of the fact that XBL is the superior and better supported network of the two. In almost every way imaginable.

Let's put it this way......if XBL has issues with the Destiny launch and PSN doesn't, then I will be honestly shocked beyond words. And that's saying a lot coming from someone like me (waits for smartass comment to follow :P).
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-08-11 at 10:10 AM.

But possibly because of the fact that XBL is the superior and better supported network of the two. In almost every way imaginable.

Let's put it this way......if XBL has issues with the Destiny launch and PSN doesn't, then I will be honestly shocked beyond words. And that's saying a lot coming from someone like me (waits for smartass comment to follow :P).
    Do you have any hard proof for that this generation? I mean, we've already seen XBL struggle with the Titanfall launch, so I don't see any reason to believe that the XBL is factually superior to PSN with the modern consoles. Last gen, maybe, but not current gen.

Unless you have some kind of detailed, verifiable list, which I'd love to see. I mean, we already know you prefer XBox to PlayStation, which is totally fine, but outside of personal preference I'd be curious as to your reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you have any hard proof for that this generation? I mean, we've already seen XBL struggle with the Titanfall launch, so I don't see any reason to believe that the XBL is factually superior to PSN with the modern consoles. Last gen, maybe, but not current gen.

Unless you have some kind of detailed, verifiable list, which I'd love to see. I mean, we already know you prefer XBox to PlayStation, which is totally fine, but outside of personal preference I'd be curious as to your reasoning.
    Let's put it this way....if I was a gambling man, I'd bet on XBL to do a better job, hands down (and not just because I prefer Xbox over PS). Unless Sony starts to perform miracles of course.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-08-11 at 10:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I think both will struggle with the load on launch.

So far with the PS4, I have had zero issues online and on the PS3, the only issues I had were with GTA5 at launch.

Deleted
    only issues i had on xbox 360 was loading screens taking ages, experienced not latency issues in game though.

So what class are people planning on playing at launch?

I am probably going with titan, while my wife goes with hunter. It works well for us. I'm able to rush in and punch stuff and get everything's attention, while my wife hangs back and picks things off.

God, I can't wait for September 9th.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what class are people planning on playing at launch?

I am probably going with titan, while my wife goes with hunter. It works well for us. I'm able to rush in and punch stuff and get everything's attention, while my wife hangs back and picks things off.

God, I can't wait for September 9th.
    I'll be rolling a warlock. Loved the super and the talents. Was fun to wade into a mass of enemies, drop a life draining grenade and just wail on everything. Probably won't be able to do that hitting max level of the full release but still, I also can't wait, it's going to be great
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/