Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also to add a 6 isn't a low score......

A 3 is a low score.
    It's comparatively low. When everyone else gives a score in the range of 10 -7 of course the guy who gives it a 6 will stand out. Especially with someone like AngryJoe who always manages to attract attention.
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2017-09-17 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's comparatively low. When everyone else gives a score in the range of 10 -7 of course the guy who gives it a 6 will stand out.
    So you want everyone to echo the same score and opinion....

Also hate to break it to you but based on Metacritic the user score is 5.9 (Lower then joes score).
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...2/user-reviews

Funny thing is you accuse Joe of doing what you are doing right now. Making a uninformed opinion about something. You saw his score and got salty without seeing why he gave it such a score.

So once again ill ask, what was he wrong about?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's comparatively low. When everyone else gives a score in the range of 10 -7 of course the guy who gives it a 6 will stand out.
    I agree with Joe because I already made these distinctions and determinations for myself. He simply reinforced them.

What everyone here is saying is that on a factual basis, it's hard to argue with the guy. Whether you agree with the score or not. If you can't accept that he had a reasoned position for his scoring then you need to just chalk it up to a loss and instead, focus on the many that gave it higher.

I really don't see what the deal is.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I agree with Joe because I already made these distinctions and determinations for myself. He simply reinforced them.

What everyone here is saying is that on a factual basis, it's hard to argue with the guy. Whether you agree with the score or not. If you can't accept that he had a reasoned position for his scoring then you need to just chalk it up to a loss and instead, focus on the many that gave it higher.

I really don't see what the deal is.
    Well said and 100% true.

Personally for me its a 7 out of 10 because it is better then Destiny 1 but it also has its own flaws that need to be fixed.

Edit: Also a 6 out of 10 isn't a bad score or a low score. People need to stop thinking everyone fallows the same rating scale as IGN.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Well said and 100% true.

Personally for me its a 7 out of 10 because it is better then Destiny 1 but it also has its own flaws that need to be fixed.

Edit: Also a 6 out of 10 isn't a bad score or a low score. People need to stop thinking everyone fallows the same rating scale as IGN.
    IGN should just operate off of a 1 to 5 metric.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    IGN should just operate off of a 1 to 5 metric.
    Reminds me of the old X-Play score system (that I personally liked) but done much worse lol.

Okay let's see:

1. he complains about the stinger ending because the game will have DLC like one wouldn't happen without the other.
    2. Music not match the tone of what's happening in game yet all he uses as an example is a skit.
    3. You getting your powers back immediately even though the powers are the entire point of the game so of course we'd get them back quickly.
    4. The Darkness isn't the focus of the story. Which is a minor thing which Bungie already explained.
    5. The grimoire isn't around anymore. Honestly I didn't notice.
    6. says there is no real story to explain anything.
    7. claims you are forced to grind to complete the campaign (never had to grind myself).
    8. The AI are idiots when most of the time they do act appropriately even if they act weird occasionally.
    9. Complains about micro-transactions even though they constantly give you the stuff for free.
    10. Recycles his friends opinions of the raid rather than form his own. I'd be fine with him hating the raid if he actually played it.

Overall it's way too long a review and a waste of time.
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2017-09-17 at 09:51 PM.

Okay let's see:

1. he complains about the stinger ending because the game will have DLC like one wouldn't happen without the other.
    2. Music not match the tone of what's happening in game yet all he uses as an example is a skit.
    3. You getting your powers back immediately even though the powers are the entire point of the game so of course we'd get them back quickly.
    4. The Darkness isn't the focus of the story. Which is a minor thing which Bungie already explained.
    6. says there is no real story to explain anything
    7. claims you are forced to grind to complete the campaign (never had to grind myself).
    8. The AI are idiots when most of the time they do act appropriately even if they act weird occasionally.
    9. Complains about micro-transactions even though they constantly give you the stuff for free.
    10. Recycles his friends opinions of the raid rather than form his own. I'd be fine with him hating the raid if he actually played it.

1) No he was mad the tasted race will be DLC.
    2) This is something he was correct on and the skit was just a joke.
    3) Yes but getting them 30min into the game back made the (Struggle) feel pointless, The trailers and showings mislead this by a great deal.
    4) Provide links because the lore states different and I have never heard bungie say this.
    5) The grimoire has a lot of good lore and has been requested since Destiny 1 to be put in the game.
    6) There isn't not in game.
    7) This is correct as well, something I experienced last night leveling my alt. If you don't do side quests and PE's you will have to do them to reach level caps needed. A example being IO you can't go to it unless ur level 11
    8) The AI is a bunch of idiots, This isn't opinion its factual.
    9) Yes he did complain about the MT and also stated that it wasn't a big deal because of the reason you gave.
    10) What about the raid did he say was wrong? It is unrewarding and a pain in the fucken ass.

You have yet to provide any proof of anything he said being wrong. You also skimmed what he said to try to fit your argument. You also only posted the negative things he said and left out the positive's.

Still waiting for you to tell me what he said was wrong.

By the sounds of you post its clear he was well informed about the game... That is something you claimed he wasn't. So why don't you just admit your just shitting on his review just to do it. Because you clearly can't prove anything he said to be false and your just pissy he gave it a 6 out of 10.

Also once again 6 out of 10 isn't even a bad score and it isn't a low score ether. He praised BOTW and Jim bashed BOTW so do you hate Jim now?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-17 at 10:30 PM.

We really shouldn't listen to AngryJoe I mean he's given it the lowest score of any other reviewer, even Jim Sterling rated it higher. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Except that AngryJoe is one of the few reviewers to have played through most of what the game has to offer right now. And he's pretty fucking spot on with most of the stuff he says. So yeah, there's that.

And I pretty much agree with almost everything AngryJoe said, and I HAVE done everything the game has to offer right now. I'm also a Destiny fan with over 2,000 hours sunk into Destiny 1. So for me to be agreeing with almost everything Joe is talking about says a lot.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-09-17 at 10:50 PM.

1) No he was mad the tasted race will be DLC.
    2) This is something he was correct on and the skit was just a joke.
    3) Yes but getting them 30min into the game back made the (Struggle) feel pointless, The trailers and showings mislead this by a great deal.
    4) Provide links because the lore states different and I have never heard bungie say this.
    5) The grimoire has a lot of good lore and has been requested since Destiny 1 to be put in the game.
    6) There isn't not in game.
    7) This is correct as well, something I experienced last night leveling my alt. If you don't do side quests and PE's you will have to do them to reach level caps needed. A example being IO you can't go to it unless ur level 11
    8) The AI is a bunch of idiots, This isn't opinion its factual.
    9) Yes he did complain about the MT and also stated that it wasn't a big deal because of the reason you gave.
    10) What about the raid did he say was wrong? It is unrewarding and a pain in the fucken ass.

You have yet to provide any proof of anything he said being wrong. You also skimmed what he said to try to fit your argument. You also only posted the negative things he said and left out the positive's.

Still waiting for you to tell me what he said was wrong.

By the sounds of you post its clear he was well informed about the game... That is something you claimed he wasn't. So why don't you just admit your just shitting on his review just to do it. Because you clearly can't prove anything he said to be false and your just pissy he gave it a 6 out of 10.

Also once again 6 out of 10 isn't even a bad score and it isn't a low score ether. He praised BOTW and Jim bashed BOTW so do you hate Jim now?
    the positives don't matter, just because I agree with some things he says doesn't mean I have to like the review as a whole.
    The game gives context to everything you do I was never confused why I was doing anything.
    Every RPG requires you to do some Sidequests that's nothing new.
    The problem is he didn't play the raid himself. Some people hate it and some people love it, how can I take his opinion seriously when he never did it.

Here is the article about the darkness:
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/16/1...erview-e3-2017

- - - Updated - - -

Also the stinger isn't teasing a new race, it's just the freaken Vex.

Quote Originally Posted by mintilol View Post
    Well as someone who's actually played through the raid multiple times now and enjoyed every aspect of it im gonna have to disagree. The raid is fantastic.
    To each their own, but I've done every raid Destiny has offered more time than I can count, including hard modes and challenge modes, and I have to say that the Leviathan raid is pretty fucking disappointing. I'd say that the only raid that is worse than this one is Crota's End, and that's simply because of the bug ridden mess that that raid was on release.

I'm already bored to death with this raid and it hasn't even been out a week. Coming from a long time Destiny fan, that's saying a fucking lot.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't watch his reviews for obvious reasons, I'm not going to watch a 45 minute review just to prove he's wrong that's ridiculous. If he won't take the game seriously why should we take his review's seriously? Just because he gave it the lowest score? That doesn't make any sense.
    Except that he's not wrong. He's pretty fucking spot on with a lot of the shit he says. The only person that's wrong here is you, because you refuse to actually watch the video but yet give your opinion on how it's wrong. Pretty fucking ironic considering you're giving Joe flack for supposedly doing something very similar. GTFO.

- - - Updated - - -

It's comparatively low. When everyone else gives a score in the range of 10 -7 of course the guy who gives it a 6 will stand out. Especially with someone like AngryJoe who always manages to attract attention.
    And a lot of those reviewers didn't play the game nearly as in depth as AngryJoe did. So, if we're looking at things objectively here, then those reviews are actually far worse for information than Joe's. Seriously, GTFO with your idiotic reasoning. You're shooting yourself in the foot with everything you've said so far. I'd say to quit while you're ahead, but you were never ahead to begin with, soooo......

- - - Updated - - -

Okay let's see:

6. says there is no real story to explain anything.

1. This is nothing more than an opinion. End of story.
    2. He's right though. I can't count the number of times there was epic battle music blaring in my ears and I was just standing there doing absolutely nothing....no enemies attacking me or anything.
    3. He's right there as well....the whole build up of this game has been us guardians losing our light. It is extremely stupid how fast AND easy we got them back, considering the kind of build up Bungie did about losing our light and the struggle we'd go through to get it back.
    4. This is more of a personal preference thing, but it IS pretty dumb that Bungie suddenly decided that the Darkness didn't matter any for Destiny 2 because they suck at writing.
    5. It's not around anymore. And it SHOULD be around.....in-game that is. We are losing out on a TON of lore that Destiny 1 had simply because Bungie decided to just shoe horn everything into the gameplay and as a result, we're left with a LOT less information this time around.
    6. There really isn't. The story is rushed almost the whole way through and is pretty bog fucking standard. Granted, it was better than Vanilla D1's story, but it definitely wasn't amazing or super informative.
    7. You do have to actually grind some if you just simply try to force your way from one story mission to the next. By the end, if all you've done is the story missions and nothing more, you'll be undergeared and underleveled. Most people don't realize this though, because most people did side activities along the way which helped them keep pace with the story's pacing.
    8. The AI is still the same dumb AI we had in D1. It literally improved zero. He's spot on here as well.
    9. Everyone is going to have a different opinion here, so there's really zero point in arguing it at all.
    10. He may not have played the raid himself, but I HAVE, and he's still pretty fucking SPOT ON with his assessment.

See what I did there? I'd say you're more in the wrong than Joe.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG. We all need to stop listening to you now. This little bit of ignorance basically shows just how little you know about Destiny.

It is a NEW RACE. We've known this since 2013, when BUNGIE THEMSELVES TALKED ABOUT IT.

I suggest you at least Google some shit before trying to form coherent "opinions" of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    And a lot of those reviewers didn't play the game nearly as in depth as AngryJoe did. So, if we're looking at things objectively here, then those reviews are actually far worse for information than Joe's. Seriously, GTFO with your idiotic reasoning. You're shooting yourself in the foot with everything you've said so far. I'd say to quit while you're ahead, but you were never ahead to begin with, soooo......
    According to who? How do you know he played more of the game then every other reviewer? I'm done you want to blindly follow AngryJoe go ahead it frankly doesn't matter it wasn't even my original point and I hate that I got dragged into this and that's my fault. All I meant is that basing your views purely on AngryJoe because you think he is the only "honest" reviewer is ridiculous. But do whatever you want I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right

X-Play has a good scoring system out of 5

1 was bad
    2 was if you like the genre or series
    3 was average/good
    4 was very good
    5 was fantastic

Man i get you are digging your heels in with folks right now but thats not correct and its been known for a very long time what that is.

According to who? How do you know he played more of the game then every other reviewer? I'm done you want to blindly follow AngryJoe go ahead it frankly doesn't matter it wasn't even my original point and I hate that I got dragged into this and that's my fault. All I meant is that basing your views purely on AngryJoe because you think he is the only "honest" reviewer is ridiculous. But do whatever you want I don't care.
    Lol, he's obviously played more of the game than you have! Know how I know that? Because I've done everything there is to do in the game currently, and he's pretty spot on with everything he said. I'm basing this on the fact that I'VE DONE EVERYTHING IN THE GAME THAT YOU CAN DO UP TO THIS POINT. You obviously HAVE NOT. You're the one stating incorrect facts and not knowing what the fuck you're going on about. You need to leave this thread if you aren't even going to take the time to use correct information in anything you say.

The only person here who is purely basing their views on anything incorrect is your sorry ass.

You accuse people of blindly fallowing AngryJoe and have yet to say what he was wrong about. You then say the bolded and yet you said.

We really shouldn't listen to AngryJoe I mean he's given it the lowest score of any other reviewer, even Jim Sterling rated it higher. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Clearly he knew what he was talking about since he made a 45min video stating his opinion of the game. A opinion that is huge amount of the community shares and the only one here that no one should listen to is you.

You can't prove him wrong and you even make comment's about Destiny that is false. I'm starting to wonder if you have even played the game.

Also news flash many people was sharing the same opinion he had well before he posted his review video.

You have been backed into a corner and proven wrong. Just admit already you wanted to shit on Joe just because of his review score and bow out.

You accuse people of blindly fallowing AngryJoe and have yet to say what he was wrong about. You then say the bolded and yet you said.

Clearly he knew what he was talking about since he made a 45min video stating his opinion of the game. A opinion that is huge amount of the community shares and the only one here that no one should listen to is you.

You can't prove him wrong and you even make comment's about Destiny that is false. I'm starting to wonder if you have even played the game.

Also news flash many people was sharing the same opinion he had well before he posted his review video.

You have been backed into a corner and proven wrong. Just admit already you wanted to shit on Joe just because of his review score and bow out.
    I know we don't always see eye to eye, Jt, but you're definitely correct here.

Everydaygamer has done nothing but prove that he/she actually doesn't know much about the game, and that they are guilty of the very things they're accusing other people of. It's really getting kind of sad at this point.

I just think it's hilarious that you and I have both completed what the game has to offer at this point, while Everydaygamer clearly has not, and yet they continue to struggle arguing against us, even flat out stating incorrect information at times. At this point, I'm more inclined to think that they're just trolling. If they're not trolling, well.....like I said before....that's just really fucking sad....
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-09-18 at 12:10 AM.

I know we don't always see eye to eye, Jt, but you're definitely correct here.

Everydaygamer has done nothing but prove that he/she actually doesn't know much about the game, and that they are guilty of the very things they're accusing other people of. It's really getting kind of sad at this point.

I just think it's hilarious that you and I have both completed what the game has to offer at this point, while Everydaygamer clearly has not, and yet they continue to struggle arguing against us, even flat out stating incorrect information at times. At this point, I'm more inclined to think that they're just trolling. If they're not trolling, well.....like I said before....that's just really fucking sad....
    Yep they can't seem to answer the simple question I even asked them. If they want a echo chamber then they need to go to reddit because that isn't going to happen here.

Like I said its clear they just wanted to shit on joe because of the score he gave and nothing more. Hell a 6 isn't even a bad score, the game isn't the next coming of Jesus and for me personally its a 7(barely).

Edit: Also if he/she think's the reviews/opinions are bad now, Wait until the PC release. So many new player's going to go into it thinking its Borderlands but a MMO...

And sadly it isn't.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-18 at 12:20 AM.

Yep they can't seem to answer the simple question I even asked them. If they want a echo chamber then they need to go to reddit because that isn't going to happen here.

Like I said its clear they just wanted to shit on joe because of the score he gave and nothing more. Hell a 6 isn't even a bad score, the game isn't the next coming of Jesus and for me personally its a 7(barely).

Edit: Also if he/she think's the reviews/opinions are bad now, Wait until the PC release. So many new player's going to go into it thinking its Borderlands but a MMO...

And sadly it isn't.
    I'd probably give it a 7 (barely) as well. Simply because the quality of most of the content is pretty good (although I'd argue that the quantity of the content is already lacking) and it's a pretty big improvement over D1 vanilla. However, I have to knock the score down some because there are still a lot of things Bungie needs to improve upon. And mind boggling as it is, they chose to ignore some things that they got right with D1 and either completely omitted them from D2 or changed them for the worse this time around.

The one thing that they most definitely did worse than Vanilla D1, however, is the raid. IMO, VoG blows the Leviathan raid out of the water. I really feel like they phoned in the raid this time around, ESPECIALLY with the lore and theme behind it. It feels really out of place in Destiny, even when you take it in the context that it's suppose to be taken in. To me, it just feels shoe horned in there simply because there needed to be a raid at launch (and they would have caught holy hell for not having one available).

As to your edit: I agree. I honestly think that there will be a MASSIVE shitstorm when this game hits PC. It looks pretty and runs well, yes. But I think a lot of PC players are expecting a game that Destiny 2 was never meant to be.

I'd probably give it a 7 (barely) as well. Simply because the quality of most of the content is pretty good (although I'd argue that the quantity of the content is already lacking) and it's a pretty big improvement over D1 vanilla. However, I have to knock the score down some because there are still a lot of things Bungie needs to improve upon. And mind boggling as it is, they chose to ignore some things that they got right with D1 and either completely omitted them from D2 or changed them for the worse this time around.

The one thing that they most definitely did worse than Vanilla D1, however, is the raid. IMO, VoG blows the Leviathan raid out of the water. I really feel like they phoned in the raid this time around, ESPECIALLY with the lore and theme behind it. It feels really out of place in Destiny, even when you take it in the context that it's suppose to be taken in. To me, it just feels shoe horned in there simply because there needed to be a raid at launch (and they would have caught holy hell for not having one available).
    My big gripe is that people were saying bosses were no longer bullet sponges. The final fucking boss of the story was a bullet sponge. I mean when he went Arc form I had to hide a little but nothing major.

End of a story to me should be epic no matter what the genre of a game is imo.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-18 at 12:34 AM.