Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It isn't a story-based game, in the first place.

The bosses aren't up constantly, and a lot of specs get to reduce that timer pretty significantly, just through skills, plus there's legendaries that do so even further. Nightstalkers (since you mention the bow) can have their super up basically every fight, specced and geared for it.

This isn't a game based on skill use. It's based on gunplay. It's like asking if there's more to do in Call of Duty than shoot people.

Things Destiny does that Borderlands doesn't;

Group content, other than just scaling up single-player stuff.
    PvP
    MMO components
    Etc.

Comparing the two is pretty darned silly; they're not precisely the same genre of game, so obviously each will have pluses and minuses.
    1. Being ability dependent through gear is stupid. There is a reason everybody thinks the legendaries in WoW in it's current form are stupid.

2. If the game isn't based on skill use there wouldn't be skills to be used. This is a pathetic excuse, I expected more of you Endus. If gunplay would be the focus you'd still have more difference in guns in how they change the gameplay.

3. Destiny doesn't offer group content either, it's literally doing exactly the same fucking stuff you do in Borderlands. Desinty offers a pvp map...that's it.

4. They are exactly the same in every regard of any aspect aside from PvP. You do quest and you fight bosses with a class based shooter. That's all there is to it.

As I said, it's still fun...but only because I can do it with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    If that’s all you want, there’s plenty of other games that do just that, and for far cheaper (sometimes free!). Most people play Destiny because of its looter shooter nature and when the loot is subpar and unrewarding and the content to earn it is either boring and/or shallow, then you have a major problem with the game.

Most people don’t have a problem with HOW the game plays. Most people can agree how the game feels (movement, shooting, etc) is actually really good. It’s all the activities you utilize that stuff in that’s the problem (strikes, raid, PvP, etc). Gunplay and movement only go so far for the “fun factor” when everywhere you use it is boring, repetitive, unrewarding, and shallow.
    Unlike some I don't speak as if I know what most players want or do, because that would be talking out of my ass, but I can assure you that it is perfectly possible to play and enjoy the game without being anal completionist about it or needing endless content.

Destiny is same as Borderlands for me, I get in, do campaign, then fuck around a bit after campaign and I'm done. I can assure you more than enough people enjoy that way of playing such games and they get in because hype and shooting stuff is fun for a while.

Some feel like games need to be their life's work, OK, I guess. I has enough of such attitude for my lifetime with WoW and my RL does not allow this and I can assure you guys like me are legion.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-10-26 at 10:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was on the fence for buying this like 20 times, eventually decided just to go with it yesterday.
    Plays like a charm, super fluid. Already knew that from the beta ofc. I love the more snappy gameplay vs the console version.

Put everything on ultra and still fluid as can be. I love the optimization. Doom 2016 had this too, loved it.
    Good thing I only played D1 for like 50 or so hours, so I'm playing D2 without a salt-shaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    3. Destiny doesn't offer group content either, it's literally doing exactly the same fucking stuff you do in Borderlands. Desinty offers a pvp map...that's it.
    I mean. Sparrow Racing, PvP, Raids, and Strikes (Dungeons) are all group content by definition... same with public events to a lesser scale.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

it would be heaps better if people could actually talk to each other, the chat options atm are so limiting its dumb

The lack of social features is disgusting :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    My 2 pence after getting to 220 light on PC (I'm not saying cent! I know I'm not funny).

Story is improved this time round, but that wouldn't be hard to do, at least it felt like a proper ending this time.

The campaign was far too easy though, I'm fine with having the easy option in games, but don't force me to play at that level, let me turn it up. The hardest part about the campaign was some of the jumping puzzles. So while I did enjoy the campaign, it was far too simple. I don't care if I can play it at harder levels in the future, I want my first play through to be a challenge.

Cut scenes were amazing, looked like a film. Ghaul and The Consul looked and acted brilliant, I don't know what it was, but there was something about The Consul I liked.

So Strikes are still fun and easy, as I expect. As mentioned I am 220 light so haven't tried Nightfall yet. Not sure how many Strikes there are, it doesn't seem that many.

Public events are rather meh, 80% of the time I am doing them alone. I guess they will get busier once people are done levelling? Or they just aren't that rewarding to bother farming?

Adventures seem fine, but a bit long for what they give.

Crucible isn't my thing, I think PVP is extremely bad in this game.

I've unlocked Patrols on one planet, but didn't do any of the beacons as unlocking it was extremely boring and long, so I couldn't be bothered.

I like how you unlock your other class specs and unlocking talents is done better this time, if not too simple though. Need somewhere in the middle for this.

Earth is far more interesting this time, Russia last time was horrible looking.

Gameplay is great, it's probably the best shooter in that regards. Graphics are nice and everything is smooth, although I do have a high end PC with a 4k monitor.

All in all, it's a good game. I wish there were more strikes (guessing there is 5 or 6), and also a Heroic version for that gap to Nightfall. I've noticed you can do some story missions again and it recommends 220 level (I think), so they should be harder. Hoping the higher end Adventures are more interesting as well. I'm sure patrols are just as boring as they were in the 1st game. Public Events I am disappointed in, I love GW2 and their Dynamic Events are pretty much the same idea, so Bungie have fucked up here.

I guess the issue people are having at the moment is that there is nothing to do once you get to 305 light? How many hours does it take to get that, along with the stats you want (roughly)?
    You're on the right track with your criticism. Much of what you said is what has been said by the console crowd for a while now.

As for the content drying up, i'd say between 280 and 290. Once you have finished the raid once, there doesn't feel like a need to return to it. Up until then, the game will feel fresh and new and fun. But then repetition with minimal or no reward kicks in, and the game starts to lose it's luster.

Take it slow, take your time. You will stretch out your enjoyment better.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    1. Being ability dependent through gear is stupid. There is a reason everybody thinks the legendaries in WoW in it's current form are stupid.

2. If the game isn't based on skill use there wouldn't be skills to be used. This is a pathetic excuse, I expected more of you Endus. If gunplay would be the focus you'd still have more difference in guns in how they change the gameplay.

4. They are exactly the same in every regard of any aspect aside from PvP. You do quest and you fight bosses with a class based shooter. That's all there is to it.

As I said, it's still fun...but only because I can do it with friends.
    1. is opinion, not fact, at all. It's just different design.

2. just flat-out isn't even true. In Destiny, the skills are meant to support the prime gameplay, which is gunplay. They aren't the main focus. That's not a failure of design.

3. is demonstrably, objectively wrong. Strikes, raids, PvP, all of that is stuff Borderlands doesn't offer. Scaling up solo content for multiple co-op players isn't the same thing.

4. Again, just not true. And internally hypocritical; you can't argue that they're exactly the same while maligning one for being so much "worse" than the other. Destiny isn't Borderlands. Congrats, you figured that out. It isn't trying to be. It's a different game, and doing different things.

will there be a sub forum on this website for Destiny 2 now that it is a blizzard game? - I am asking as it is hard to navigate through 418 pages to find specific information

*thanks - answered
    Last edited by Gravity2015; 2017-10-26 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    will there be a sub forum on this website for Destiny 2 now that it is a blizzard game? - I am asking as it is hard to navigate through 418 pages to find specific information
    It's not a Blizzard game at all. It is just on the app.

Activision publish this game and Bungie develop it. And since Activision own Blizzard they more than likely wanted to use the app to host one of their own published games to explore the possibility of hosting other games they develop or publish such as Call of Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's not a Blizzard game at all. It is just on the app.

Activision publish this game and Bungie develop it. And since Activision own Blizzard they more than likely wanted to use the app to host one of their own published games to explore the possibility of hosting other games they develop or publish such as Call of Duty.
    thank you , was not clear to me before - i thought blizz had its hand in creating, but they are just helping access the game bungie created - i understand thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I guess the issue people are having at the moment is that there is nothing to do once you get to 305 light? How many hours does it take to get that, along with the stats you want (roughly)?
    As you will find out not many. No such thing as stats you want either. if you look at most armor you can alter 2 of 3 stats per item. You just hit 20 so you haven't really seen the major faults yet. The issues most people have are lack of random rolls on weapons means all weapons of that type and rate of fire are nearly identical. A lack of ability to select individual perks in skill trees a lot of Gunslinger hunters do not put a point into the final talent in the opper tree because it means you have use the 6 shot version in a reduced time period. Lots of people are discontent with the lack of being able to select individual strikes, crucible match types, or story mode missions. There are no heroic strikes, only a shitshow they call nightfall. PVP isn't bad per se but the lack of dedicated servvers means you often have a guy disappear and end up killing you instead. That and seeing it's 4v4 now when you get that guy who drops group your entire team is screwed. Raid is easy if you have a dedicated group who work well together meaning, if you try and PUG it you are not getting more than 2-3 bosses down after loads of wipes. Feel like a challenege Prestige mode raid gives nothing but shaders and tokens meaning no real reason to do it once let alone more than once. I get your initial reaction it was the same as mine I was bored during the end of the second week.

thank you , was not clear to me before - i thought blizz had its hand in creating, but they are just helping access the game bungie created - i understand thanks
    Yeah. It's mainly because Activision own Blizzard.

It's a smart move since putting their games on the app would allow them their own platform like Origin or Uplay for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah but I am sure the same asshole who pushed the make things more casual in WoW had a voice in the same process in D2.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Nah but I am sure the same asshole who pushed the make things more casual in WoW had a voice in the same process in D2.
    Good. Nothing wrong with a casual approach to games. Destiny isn't meant to be just for hardcores.

And I highly doubt that considering Bungie are the developers and again Activision are the publishers. Only relation Blizzard have to this project is hosting it on their app.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-26 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Nothing wrong with a casual approach to games. Destiny isn't meant to be just for hardcores.

And I highly doubt that considering Bungie are the developers and again Activision are the publishers. Only relation Blizzard have to this project is hosting it on their app.
    I'm far from hardcore and it annoys me that my best option is to not use a slot in my skill tree. You make it sound like choosing one of three options per subclass is hardcore, it's not. A simpteton can easily make these choices yet in D2 they decided to make the choice for us because they thought we were too stupid to do it for ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd just like to point out that there is a middle ground between casual and hardcore. I personally see casual as someone who will invest 4 hours a week in the game. Hardcore are those who would invest over 30 hours a week in the game. But there is a large group of people who live between the two. Those people are also feeling the drought.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'd just like to point out that there is a middle ground between casual and hardcore. I personally see casual as someone who will invest 4 hours a week in the game. Hardcore are those who would invest over 30 hours a week in the game. But there is a large group of people who live between the two. Those people are also feeling the drought.
    Exactly, I played for around 2-3 days a week usually Tuesday evening, Saturday, and some other random day for 2-3 hours a time less than 10 hours a week.
    I don't get why they cater to guys who play 1-2 days a week for < an hour a time. My biggest issue is the whole friendship is the true endgame of destiny bullshit. Everything and I mean everything is geared towards people who have a dedicated group of friends who are always on together. I'm in my 30's my friends simply don't play anything anymore. I play stuff with my brother and while in D1 we duoed everything but the raid. Nightfall with 2 people took a little longer but still got it with no problems. Now there is a timer system you have to have that third person. I hate using the third party method to find a spare person or group for the raid as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Maybe 4 hours is a bit slim per week to define as casual.

But if you can invest a few hours more or less every night, you are definitely not classed as casual (in my opinion), and are more or less on a hardcore schedule. Although people on this schedule will declare they are not hardcore and only class people who play 20 hours a day as hardcore (slightly joking).

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Exactly, I played for around 2-3 days a week usually Tuesday evening, Saturday, and some other random day for 2-3 hours a time less than 10 hours a week.
    I don't get why they cater to guys who play 1-2 days a week for < an hour a time. My biggest issue is the whole friendship is the true endgame of destiny bullshit. Everything and I mean everything is geared towards people who have a dedicated group of friends who are always on together. I'm in my 30's my friends simply don't play anything anymore. I play stuff with my brother and while in D1 we duoed everything but the raid. Nightfall with 2 people took a little longer but still got it with no problems. Now there is a timer system you have to have that third person. I hate using the third party method to find a spare person or group for the raid as well.
    I'm sure you're not the only player who is in that position. Have a go using group finders and making some new destiny friends to do the group stuff. Pretty unrealistic to think everyone has a group ready to go