10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Well unless you do chargebacks it's a pretty sure bet you ain't getting your money back - they'll probably give everyone a couple of bright engrams as "compensation".
    Don't do chargebacks.

You received the product. Even if you think you were misled, that's something you need to work out with the retailer. A chargeback is you stating that you never received the product, not that you were dissatisfied. Using it because you can't get a refund is a form of credit card fraud.

Don't take that as supporting Bungie in this, but it's potentially gonna do you way more harm than just eating the loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Makes me wonder why people still play this greddy game. Since players found out abauth the cheating xp, now they add this.
    "Cheating XP" did not bother me, as it's used for cosmetics / bling.
    "Locks old content" yeah right. If one is such a hard-core raider that raids prestige than yes he won't be able to play "old prestige (hardest) content". Which he wouldn't play Anyway since the hard-core raiders will always want the best gear / content. Would a WoW mythic raider not purchase Legion and still raid the previous mythic raids while we pew pew Sargeras? What do you think?

"Greedy game"? No one is forcing you to play this crap, or?
    If you don't enjoy it don't play it.
    If you feel robbed, request a refund.

As for me, I enjoy it. I love the art, the graphics, the gun-play. I enjoy raiding a few hours per week with my clan mates, running strikes, public events, hard adventures and all that.

Could it be better? Certainly.
    Will it? I believe it will.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    "Cheating XP" did not bother me, as it's used for cosmetics / bling.
    "Locks old content" yeah right. If one is such a hard-core raider that raids prestige than yes he won't be able to play "old prestige (hardest) content". Which he wouldn't play Anyway since the hard-core raiders will always want the best gear / content. Would a WoW mythic raider not purchase Legion and still raid the previous mythic raids while we pew pew Sargeras? What do you think?

"Greedy game"? No one is forcing you to play this crap, or?
    If you don't enjoy it don't play it.
    If you feel robbed, request a refund.

As for me, I enjoy it. I love the art, the graphics, the gun-play. I enjoy raiding a few hours per week with my clan mates, running strikes, public events, hard adventures and all that.

Could it be better? Certainly.
    That Wow mythic raider goes back to old raids for pets/mounts/tmog, Blizzard didn't remove the ability to do that. Bungie did remove the ability to do that unless you buy the DLC.

And I believe tomorrow ill win the lottery I don't play. Bungie is copying the Destiny 1 playbook dam near 1:1 and those of us who was there for that knows where this road leads.

You want to defend Bungie for charging you to play content you already paided for go for it.

As the saying goes a fool and his money are soon parted. I guess that's Bungies motto as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    well as long as I'm happy

10+ Year Old Account

This is a longer video (31mins), so I apologize for that. However this video touches on all the issues I have with Destiny 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That Wow mythic raider goes back to old raids for pets/mounts/tmog, Blizzard didn't remove the ability to do that. Bungie did remove the ability to do that unless you buy the DLC.
    More like, the moved it all to the Cash Shop.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Because the have 1 position to focus on monetisation?

I mean here is another senoir position.

https://careers.bungie.com/en-us/car...eplay-designer

But no. lets all rage because they have 1 position to monetize the game.
    If you don’t think they have an entire team dedicated to this shit, then I have a lovely beachfront property to sell to you in Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    If you don’t think they have an entire team dedicated to this shit, then I have a lovely beachfront property to sell to you in Kansas.
    After you sell it to him will you take the house away 2 months later and have him pay half of the original cost to get it back?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    ITT: people acting surprised an MMO would keep end game content at the end game. And yes, that means that once the engame shifts to new level cap after an expansion, so does the endgame content.

- - - Updated - - -

So how's that lvl 85 ranked PvP serving you in WoW right now?
    Most MMOs don’t take existing content and move it behind the new expansion paywall though. They just add new content to do instead. Bungie took existing content that people paid to have access to and moved it into the DLC so you have to pay even more money for something you were already playing before.

This is totally different than what you’re talking about and if you don’t see an issue with it, then you’re part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

After you sell it to him will you take the house away 2 months later and have him pay half of the original cost to get it back?
    Sure. After all, this is how it all works now apparently.

Sure. After all, this is how it all works now apparently.
    Sounds like a solid deal, It makes deals great again....

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Considering the system they have at the moment. I'm 99% sure they don't have more than 1-2 people working full time on monetisation.

Sorry but I'm not the one that was thinking bungie was some altruist company that doesn't try to make a profit any place they can. I'm not the one that was fooled by anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most MMOs don’t take existing content and move it behind the new expansion paywall though. They just add new content to do instead. Bungie took existing content that people paid to have access to and moved it into the DLC so you have to pay even more money for something you were already playing before.

This is totally different than what you’re talking about and if you don’t see an issue with it, then you’re part of the problem.
    One aspect of this that people are neglecting is that if you were doing the Exotic Quest, and haven't done the Prestige Raid, and you do not own the DLC, you cannot do a vanilla quest, and are not getting the Ornament.

Some will argue that it isn't a big deal since it is just a cosmetic upgrade, but that is irrelevant as it is still something that was available before the DLC, and now is no longer available to those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    One aspect of this that people are neglecting is that if you were doing the Exotic Quest, and haven't done the Prestige Raid, and you do not own the DLC, you cannot do a vanilla quest, and are not getting the Ornament.

Some will argue that it isn't a big deal since it is just a cosmetic upgrade, but that is irrelevant as it is still something that was available before the DLC, and now is no longer available to those people.
    You make a a really good point.

Also to add you can't do Rat King now ether since it requires the Nightfall and you can't do the nightfall without the DLC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but I'm not the one that was thinking bungie was some altruist company that doesn't try to make a profit any place they can. I'm not the one that was fooled by anything.
    Maybe not, but you seem to have resigned to accepting the fact of companies screwing you over, and taking it with a smile. I stand with those who are being as vocal as possible about the current state of the gaming market. Those who are silent will only continue to get less and less value year after year for their initial purchase only to get an almost a full game after spending twice the amount on it through sub par DLC's.

- - - Updated - - -

You make a a really good point.

Also to add you can't do Rat King now ether since it requires the Nightfall and you can't do the nightfall without the DLC.
    Very good point. That is an actual gun, rather than just the Ornament.

Very good point. That is an actual gun, rather than just the Ornament.
    Yep, I'm sure if we dig into it more there may be more quests u can't finish. Didn't the base version of the raid go to light level 300 req? If so that mean's that you can't do it without the DLC.

Also can't use Guided Games anymore ether.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not, but you seem to have resigned to accepting the fact of companies screwing you over, and taking it with a smile. I stand with those who are being as vocal as possible about the current state of the gaming market. Those who are silent will only continue to get less and less value year after year for their initial purchase only to get an almost a full game after spending twice the amount on it through sub par DLC's.

The only thing I see people got screwed over by atm is taking away prestige(and nightfalls and such) from the base game. Other than that I don't see how I have been screwed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game is like being married to a person that keeps saying "Baby im gonna change i promise"

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I see people got screwed over by atm is taking away prestige from the base game. Other than that I don't see how I have been screwed.
    We just listed two things that are attached to those prestige modes that are no longer available to vanilla destiny 2 players who have not purchased the DLC.

Legend of Acrius quest can no longer be completed. And the Rat King quest can no longer be completed.

But the comment you quoted (and maybe I should have specified this detail) is more about the current gaming market as a whole. These sorts of things aren't exclusive to Bungie. The big three are notorious for doing really shady things when developing games. EA, Activision, and Ubisoft. They are all far more concerned with short term profit, than customer retention.

Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    The game is like being married to a person that keeps saying "Baby im gonna change i promise"
    Activision is like Leonardo dicaprio in wolf of wall street. They are tripping balls on quaaludes in their living rooms while reality (the customer in this case) is trying to reach through to them.

Then they release a "statement" to please the public community while back in the office they are acting out the pretending to fuck you motion in the office busting their ribs laughing.

Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-07 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Activision is like Leonardo dicaprio in wolf of wall street. They are tripping balls on quaaludes in their living rooms while reality (the customer in this case) is trying to reach through to them.

Then they release a "statement" to please the public community while back in the office they are acting out the pretending to fuck you motion in the office busting their ribs laughing.
    Have you joined the darkside now? From this post, it feels like you are starting to understand what we had been saying in the past about our concerns regarding Destiny 2.

Have you joined the darkside now? From this post, it feels like you are starting to understand what we had been saying in the past about our concerns regarding Destiny 2.
    They turned me off with the exp capping / showing normal exp gains trickery. I don't support any anti gaming behavior. Just like removing content already purchased is anti gamer.

Then they add salt to the wound with copy and paste corporate apologies saying "we are listening" then doing behavior that contradicts the statement (increase experience needed anyway for bright engram)