Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep even in this thread those people have changed there tune, The irony is quite sweet.
    Nothing sweet about it. The most severe complain i saw was "it is bad if you played destiny 1 before but it is quite awesome if you are first time destiny player" and "it is a looter shooter".

We need ships and sparrows and ghosts coming from achievements like raids and prestige nightfall and trials as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Word of mouth can fix it if you actually turn around and do the right things.

The Division seems to be turning around a bit because of it.

The problem is that Bungie isn't showing signs of actually trying to fix it.
    As you said. every single thing they do is again bad.
    Division is actually turning around because it is awesome game as of right now. Still looter shooter but with actual challenge and things to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    We need ships and sparrows and ghosts coming from achievements like raids and prestige nightfall and trials as well.
    Not only from those activities, because it would just breed elitism and with horrid Destiny 2 tools to make groups would be a disaster for majority.

Still better than Evershit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I guess the early game somewhat makes up for that from what you seem to be saying?
    Thing about Warframe is, there is so much stuff to do, and there's grinding involved. You will always have a weapon or frame or something else to chase. I've spent hundreds of hours in Warframe, and yet I haven't done any of what's considered to be the endgame (like sorties and high level survival missions, for example).

I've spent so much time collecting gear, pets, mods, testing builds, spamming alerts for currency, flying, fishing, etc. that I just didn't even think about having some sort of "plan" for a linear progression towards a "full" experience. I was distracted easily by so many things to look at, I just went with what came to my mind and had a completely different experience than I expected.

Kind of like spending all the hours in Fallout 4 building houses, and literally never playing the main story of Skyrim despite playing it for many hours, multiple times. I love the games that have the possibility of dragging you to other, "unimportant" places and making you stay there.

@Archon14 Yeah I tend to be a fan of more linear games, the big open world push has made a lot of games feel very watered down to me. I got more I could say but I don't wanna warframe up the destiny thread.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Yeah I tend to be a fan of more linear games
    You could try to follow/make a completely linear Warframe experience, since most things in game are pretty much optional. But I think there are more suitable games out there for your specific requirements.

Maybe something like Quantum Break, there's a 75% discount on steam right now. (not a paid comment )

Hey folks, this isn't the Warframe thread. Minor side-discussion is fine, but let's keep this thread focused on Destiny 2 please.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey folks, this isn't the Warframe thread. Minor side-discussion is fine, but let's keep this thread focused on Destiny 2 please.
    Do we have to? Its kind of depressing these days

Heh. I got Destiny 2 as a gift. Should I return it? I just started playing Warframe recently.

Its a fun enough game to play casually but not something id recommend if youre looking for something to get invested in. I find the pvp a load of fun, the rest is eh.

Its worth a playthrough imo but if you have something else you want for whatever they payed for it then yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Heh. I got Destiny 2 as a gift. Should I return it? I just started playing Warframe recently.
    Why on earth should you return a gift?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So he can buy something else with the cash moneys?

So remember a couple of years back when Marty O'Donell -the lead composer for D1 and all the Halo games- took Activision to court and part of it related to some 'music of the spheres' stuff which was reorchestrated bigger budget versions of all the key themes? Bungie kept saying they would 'see the light of day someday' but of course Bungie nowadays is a lot of 'maybe someday' and it never happens.

Few years on and a guy on the reddit posted them https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...f_the_spheres/

I'm a video guy, audio was never my strongsuit but its pretty grey on how kosher it is so to speak. Marty publicly said 'share it and enjoy' but even while it never technically released in a retail product it still counts as activision property. Kind of like that Resident Evil 1.5 demo that was being passed around for years against capcoms wishes.

Regardless i've been listening and its so good. It reminds me of why i loved playing Destiny 1. The gameplay in D2 feels similar but tracks like The Union and Ecstasy are this 'go out and retake our solar system and do what nobody has done before' heroic vibe that just got lost when Marty was fired when Bungie imploded during D1's production.

Definitely recommend checking these out. It may only be 3 or 4 years for some of these tracks but its oddly nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    snip
    Still one of the my favourite songs in a video game ever

Dem guitar riffs are ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Little desire to play the game, plenty of other things I am more interested in buying/playing.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Little desire to play the game, plenty of other things I am more interested in buying/playing.
    If you have no interest in it then I say go for it. You could always rebuy it later cheaper (on console at lease).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Its a fun enough game to play casually but not something id recommend if youre looking for something to get invested in. I find the pvp a load of fun, the rest is eh.

Its worth a playthrough imo but if you have something else you want for whatever they payed for it then yeah.
    The premium activation wants is to much for me to ever recommend it.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Well this is interesting: https://twitter.com/The_Extrange/sta...06225605447681

If you dont own Destiny 2 on PS4 Sony has now added it to your timeline of purchases and installed games on your dashboard as a 'buy it now!' button. When its already the homepage advert of the PSN store and has been for months. For PC players imagine finding one day that logging into to your gaming pc now displays a pop up ad for destiny 2 even without opening battle net. Its just an advert on your dashboard.
    People are acting like this is new and its not, you can even turn it off in the settings but the telling thing is that sony has done it at all because its such a rarity when they do. Every other time its been a game with some exclusivity content for Sony and its doing badly. Very badly.

Considering all the other stuff doing the rounds like tescoes having a 'BUY DESTINY 2 FOR £20' and walmarts 'DESTINY 2 FREE WITH ANY CALL OF DUTY WWII PURCHASE' ads i think turning the game into a mobile f2p style gacha cash shop is biting them in the ass this 'holiday marketing window'.

Usually when Sony resorts to this and the game continues its decline it has always ended up with the studio/dev team having "leadership transitions" so unless this bucks the constant trend it makes me wonder if theres going to be some shakeups internally to try and save the destiny brand from following battlefront into the drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone loves the music of Destiny, this will help:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...f_the_spheres/

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well this is interesting: https://twitter.com/The_Extrange/sta...06225605447681

If you dont own Destiny 2 on PS4 Sony has now added it to your timeline of purchases and installed games on your dashboard as a 'buy it now!' button. When its already the homepage advert of the PSN store and has been for months.
    Was about to say this. Bungie sneaking in ads onto your home page making you double check you didnt own destiny 2 on PS4 somehow. They are so gross. Leave me alone with your shitty game, can they just hurry up and write it off and add it to the mass effect andromeda bargin bins