10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Etheric light is what is pissing me off with this game...I actually think ascending armor is a worse system than what we had before...Etheric Light is too rare imo...It ultimately forces you to have all three classes being able to run level 34 PoE if you want to progress gear in a reasonable manner...I would be okay with being able to buy it for 100 vanguard/crucible marks. Overall, I just have a problem with feeling forced to have more than one class...Repeating the same content with a different class isn't more content...I dont know I'm not that happy with the etheric light change...
    This isn't exactly true. You can run 32 PoE to get Armor Cores. Armor Cores can be turned in to the house of Judgement vendor for 42 light armor pieces. You can also get 5 wins in Trials and get another piece of 42 light armor.

It might not be the best way to get to 34 quickly, but at least no one is locked out of getting to 34 completely.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This isn't exactly true. You can run 32 PoE to get Armor Cores. Armor Cores can be turned in to the house of Judgement vendor for 42 light armor pieces. You can also get 5 wins in Trials and get another piece of 42 light armor.

It might not be the best way to get to 34 quickly, but at least no one is locked out of getting to 34 completely.
    I never said you'd be locked out of getting 34. I mean ultimately it's a nice gate for casual players like myself to not max out my level immediately. It just sucks that it's very rare to get....I want to ascend some of my guns too, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. The problem with the Armor Core armor currently is the offerings have all been strength pieces...As a whole I feel Strength is a shitty stat as a whole. I kind of hope they redo the stat game with the next big expansion rumored to come out in Septemberish. However if I want to hit 34 quickly and get my guns to 365 I feel I am forced into having to have all classes doing level 34/35 PoE. Especially considering ToO is similar to Iron Banner...

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said you'd be locked out of getting 34. I mean ultimately it's a nice gate for casual players like myself to not max out my level immediately. It just sucks that it's very rare to get....I want to ascend some of my guns too, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. The problem with the Armor Core armor currently is the offerings have all been strength pieces...As a whole I feel Strength is a shitty stat as a whole. I kind of hope they redo the stat game with the next big expansion rumored to come out in Septemberish. However if I want to hit 34 quickly and get my guns to 365 I feel I am forced into having to have all classes doing level 34/35 PoE. Especially considering ToO is similar to Iron Banner...
    I agree that Etheric Light makes for better armor builds. The armor core rewards are pretty terrible since they only have strength. But they are more so just place holders until you get into 34 PoE to get an etheric light as a reward.

I was very lucky and got an Etheric light from the night fall. So I used it on my boots, and ascended my Exotic Chest. We then ran 34 PoE as a group of 33's. Got another Etheric Light, and used it on my helmet. I also bought the gloves from the vendor. I was 34 within 2-3 days. This week, I dedicated my time to getting my other 2 characters to 34.

I'm quite the casual player as well. I only have about 3 hours in the evenings to play, and I might not have time each night. Once you have 1 lvl 34 character, getting the rest to 34 is very easy since you can get Etheric light twice a week (34 and 35 PoE), and you have 3 more chances by doing nightfalls. And now! You can also get them from Iron Banner and also ToO.

They really are handing them out, but you gotta put in a little work for them if you don't want to fight against RnG.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I agree that Etheric Light makes for better armor builds. The armor core rewards are pretty terrible since they only have strength. But they are more so just place holders until you get into 34 PoE to get an etheric light as a reward.

I was very lucky and got an Etheric light from the night fall. So I used it on my boots, and ascended my Exotic Chest. We then ran 34 PoE as a group of 33's. Got another Etheric Light, and used it on my helmet. I also bought the gloves from the vendor. I was 34 within 2-3 days. This week, I dedicated my time to getting my other 2 characters to 34.

I'm quite the casual player as well. I only have about 3 hours in the evenings to play, and I might not have time each night. Once you have 1 lvl 34 character, getting the rest to 34 is very easy since you can get Etheric light twice a week (34 and 35 PoE), and you have 3 more chances by doing nightfalls. And now! You can also get them from Iron Banner and also ToO.

They really are handing them out, but you gotta put in a little work for them if you don't want to fight against RnG.
    Again that's assuming you run three characters...I have other things to play which is why I dont want to invest time into a titan and hunter as well as my warlock to 33/34. It is a good gating for people who play casually like myself, I just don't like the feeling that I'm way behind because I choose to only play one class. Especially because of IB/ToO.

Etheric light is what is pissing me off with this game...I actually think ascending armor is a worse system than what we had before...Etheric Light is too rare imo...It ultimately forces you to have all three classes being able to run level 34 PoE if you want to progress gear in a reasonable manner...I would be okay with being able to buy it for 100 vanguard/crucible marks. Overall, I just have a problem with feeling forced to have more than one class...Repeating the same content with a different class isn't more content...I dont know I'm not that happy with the etheric light change...
    Yeah have to agree, it's a little painful trying to get Etheric Lights when running a single character. Would like more freedom to be able to upgrade a bunch of old weapons, however need to be using them on gear to get to the 34 too. Pretty painful in that regard, so many old weapons I'd want to use but can't until used them on the ideal pieces. Wouldn't mind a high-priced method for Etheric Light outside of Iron Banner as you mentioned; maybe for 100 marks, or even 150 marks so it's a little more difficult to get than 1 per week or something. Perhaps even a separation would've been nice between the weapons/armor, that way aren't forced to decide between level or your weapon(s) of choice.

Personally not too much of a big deal to me, just a minor annoyance really.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Yeah have to agree, it's a little painful trying to get Etheric Lights when running a single character. Would like more freedom to be able to upgrade a bunch of old weapons, however need to be using them on gear to get to the 34 too. Pretty painful in that regard, so many old weapons I'd want to use but can't until used them on the ideal pieces. Wouldn't mind a high-priced method for Etheric Light outside of Iron Banner as you mentioned; maybe for 100 marks, or even 150 marks so it's a little more difficult to get than 1 per week or something. Perhaps even a separation would've been nice between the weapons/armor, that way aren't forced to decide between level or your weapon(s) of choice.

Personally not too much of a big deal to me, just a minor annoyance really.
    I don't hate it so much that I won't play the game at all, it's just very annoying for those of us who choose to run with one character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I ended up getting HoW today, the Vestian Dynasty seems fairly good. Done two lv 28 PoEs, first run got a Suros that I dismantled as I already have a fully levelled ascended one, and Her Right Hand, that I may reforge as it has Icarus and Hidden Hand. Second run I got a legendary engram and Hygiena Noblesse with Replenish and Spray and Play.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I don't hate it so much that I won't play the game at all, it's just very annoying for those of us who choose to run with one character.
    Welcome to Destiny. Where the best and most efficient way of obtaining gear (and light levels) is to have 3 characters of the exact same class so they can share armor and any drop for one is a drop for the others as well. Having 3 characters, but 1 of each class is another method, but less efficient due to each class needing it's own armor set.

Do you have to do this? No, of course not. But if you want gear in a timely manner, then this is what you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Welcome to Destiny. Where the best and most efficient way of obtaining gear (and light levels) is to have 3 characters of the exact same class so they can share armor and any drop for one is a drop for the others as well. Having 3 characters, but 1 of each class is another method, but less efficient due to each class needing it's own armor set.

Do you have to do this? No, of course not. But if you want gear in a timely manner, then this is what you have to do.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the gear gating to an extent, but if you're going to have a gear matters PvP mode then you need to have reliable ways to obtain things to make gear better. I feel 100 tokens of Either Crucible or Vanguard should be able to get you an Etheric Light. It gives you incentive to max out both, and gives you a reliable way to get them. Those with more characters gear up faster than those with one, but it's okay because everyone has the ability to level up at a decent pace. I just think with IB/ToO it's not right to tie something like Etheric Light to pure RNG or content that people who are only playing one character can't get to at a decent pace. I'm halfway through 32 right now, probably won't sniff 34 PoE for another week or two at best...Although those Exotic Gauntlets for a warlock do look great for PvP...too bad they're useless for sunsinger which is what I play as in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a good/effective way to 'farm' the treasure keys? I could always do the HoW story missions on my hunter for one, but it would be nice to have more, for obvious reasons.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Is there a good/effective way to 'farm' the treasure keys? I could always do the HoW story missions on my hunter for one, but it would be nice to have more, for obvious reasons.
    Just run between the ember caves and citadel on venus farming them keys.

- - - Updated - - -

And i can add that you can take those chests many times if you zone out and in again. The only bad thing is that you will have your inventory and storage full of the special ammo boxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Just run between the ember caves and citadel on venus farming them keys.

- - - Updated - - -

And i can add that you can take those chests many times if you zone out and in again. The only bad thing is that you will have your inventory and storage full of the special ammo boxes.
    Ahh right, cheers, just got to hope RNGesus is kind then.

Go to Skyreach on Earth. Always has at least 3 other people farming, two quick exits to reload the chests and run back to loot it up to 5 times per ether key and also has regular warsat drops and hive vs fallen events to grind up weapons at the same time. Venus is okay but less populated, takes longer to get out and in to reload the chests and public events are far less common there as well.

Also the blues are a way for easy coins and motes of light. Been playing the game just over two weeks and gotten 9 exotic items from xur this way

Sooo.... I had this happen earlier LOL:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD0851u1s4I

edit: Also, looks like someone found the Vendor ID for the new Iron Banner stuff. If you go to Bungie.net and follow the steps in the picture below, it shows the prices and what's for sale:
    http://i.imgur.com/uDx2BeH.jpg

tl;dr, Rank 3 Iron Banner + 5000 Glimmer for the Etheric Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    has anyone done this week's 35 poe without nuking him at the start?
    tried for 6 hours in 2 days but it just does not seam doable.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Hey man, don't bring that shit in here! People like Esoterickk will just call you bad and say that the game design is perfectly fine and it has nothing to do with how it's Arc Burn this week and everything in there practically 2 shots you. Nope can't be any of that! It must be just because you're bad at the game!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll save you some time and trouble by telling you now that Treasure Keys aren't worth it. The only times you NEED a key are the very first time you beat PoE on each character (guaranteed exotic from the chest) as well as the first time you ever beat Skolas (guaranteed ship, shader, and emblem). All the other times, you basically only get a Queen's Wrath weapon (which most of them suck, and IMO look ugly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I'll save you some time and trouble by telling you now that Treasure Keys aren't worth it. The only times you NEED a key are the very first time you beat PoE on each character (guaranteed exotic from the chest) as well as the first time you ever beat Skolas (guaranteed ship, shader, and emblem). All the other times, you basically only get a Queen's Wrath weapon (which most of them suck, and IMO look ugly).
    Well, it can't hurt to have some on hand, when I bother unlocking PoE on my hunter I'll have that key given to me for the first chests exotic. Plus, if I ever get Gally and lv 34 I'll look for groups for the harder runs.

Atleast, that is how I like to see it

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post34074870

This post from Kathandira on the previous page might be able to help. ^^ Fair few people seemed to have trouble with it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we were good on tactics; the execution, a titan and luck was what we lacked.
    Pugging that is a pain in the ass and I'm not doing it again.

The PoE 34 fight was great and I could do it with pugs 3 times. SGA helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help