Poll: Demon Hunters: Yes or No?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Demon Hunter, very original... Why not just demon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next expansion? No way, we just got monks. Maybe the one after that.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Let's assume the next expansion is centered around the Burning Legion, it's been confirmed and there's no more questions about that.

Basically, I want some clarity on the community's perspective. How likely do you think it is that they introduce the 12th class as the Demon Hunter next expansion? Going to make it a very simple poll.
    It has not been confirmed that next expansion has anything to do with the Burning Legion. There are quite a few hints at it and lots of speculation, but no confirmation.

That being said, I doubt Demon Hunters ever exist as a playable class in wow. Between rogues and warlocks most of their abilities are already in game.
    Last edited by dgreen; 2013-02-13 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    I has not been confirmed that next expansion has anything to do with the Burning Legion. There are quite a few hints at it and lots of speculation, but no confirmation.

That being said, I doubt Demon Hunters ever exist as a playable class in wow. Between rogues and warlocks most of their abilities are already in game.
    OP said "Let's assume". He didn't mean that it's actually been confirmed. >.<

OT: I don't think we'll see DH next expansion, I don't think we'll see any new class. I think they've got some awesome features planned out for us to make up for it. New race(s) and some new innovative features to celebrate the 10th anniversary, wooh!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

blizz knows that lots of people want to play the demon hunter, but the truth is: there's no room for the demon hunter in-game. it's niches are already taken. adding DHs will only contribute to the homogenization of the game.

so here's my bet: next time we get a "more class/race combos" expansion, there will be a 4th warlock spec for "Demon Hunting", split from demonology (just as guardian was split from feral). it'll be either a tank spec or a melee dps spec, capable of dual wielding (swords or daggers). the night elf warlock combo will be open with demon hunter class trainers in teldrassil.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

IMo they should introduce something like an Assassin class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    I doubt it, even tho i would love to have a Demon Hunter. Actually, I can't believe why Blizzard ignored 7 years of pleas for a DH class, and instead made a Monk class.... anyway.

A Demon Hunter would have to be unique, in a world where almost every role (dps, tank, heal + ranged and melee) is already filled. The best thing I can come up with is a Mix of Rogue + Warlock + Hunter, making 3 specs, a melee dpser, a melee/ranged caster, and a ranged dpser who shoots arrows (cmon, only 1 class in the entire game can have bows).

But yeah, a Burning legion expansion would be the best scenario to have a demon hunter class, but they would have to think a lot about it.
    When Blizzard designs classes, they tend to be very broad. This is why we have Warriors, Rogues and Mages instead of Blademasters, Wardens, and Lichs.

Demon Hunter is one of those narrow class types that just can't be stretched out into three unique specs, mainly because the WC3 Demon Hunters are a Blizzard invention that doesn't exist outside the Blizzard universe. Death Knights had it a bit easier since Blizzard could pull from the entire Undead lore and the traditional "Black Knight" archetype from other RP games. A knight of darkness that has Vampiiric powers, Necromatic powers, and Frost powers makes sense, and you can do a lot with it. What can you do with Demon Hunters? They don't even match other Night Elves in terms of style or lore. Hence why they're considered outcasts of NE society.

Also if you deviate from the WC3 version of Demon Hunters, you might as well not even bother. People who want Demon Hunters want the bare-chested purple elf with the twin warglaives and a blindfold. Nothing more, nothing less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Let's assume the next expansion is centered around the Burning Legion, it's been confirmed and there's no more questions about that.

Basically, I want some clarity on the community's perspective. How likely do you think it is that they introduce the 12th class as the Demon Hunter next expansion? Going to make it a very simple poll.
    Well I hope not, demon hunters are lame. If the next xpac is to be centered on the Burning Legion then this is what I'd like to see; Heroic Race. What's that? I mean like DKs but a race choice. You need a character who is at least level 70, then you do a unique questline with them, and they transform into a fel-tainted version of their race:
    Original Race Fel version
    Human Satyr
    Dwarf Satyr
    Nelf Satyr (classic model)
    Gnome Imp
    Draenei Man'ari
    Worgen Satyr
    Pandaren Satyr
    Ord Fel Orc
    Undead Satyr
    Tauren Satyr
    Troll Satyr
    Belf Fel Elf
    Goblin Imp

So basically if you are Belf, Orc, Draenei, or Nelf you get a classic fel race conversion. Other races get turned into Satyrs or Imps based on their size, and their original race is evident in their satyr/imp version to some degree.

Obviously the best way to do this would be to add the burning legion as a 3rd faction; but because that is never going to happen, then I propose instead that all of your reputations are reset to Hostile, except for the legion, which is neutral. The initial quest chain has you 'redeem yourself' somewhat wherein you resist the fell temptation and sell out the legion to prevent a devastating attack that would wipe out your racial capital or some such thing. You exit this 'starting experience' with the Legion hostile again, all of your faction at unfriendly, and your former racial capital at neutral. If you want back 'into' the Horde or the Alliance, then you need to earn their trust all over again.

It'd be nice to have an option to have both Horde and Alliance factions at Hostile, so you could play as an unofficial 3rd faction in so far as being able to gank people on either side. But again, that'd never happen.

Deleted
    A Demon Hunter class is overlapping on many classes, almost all of them, so the only way I could see DH implemented is like a meta-class:
    A 4th spec for every class (or most of them) that tap on demonic energy to gain different abilities
    But unless they are making some big changes, I don't think we will have the chance to play it (be sure that Il'' be very happy to be proven wrong when we get to the next exp )

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that is one lopsided poll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    GC confirmed not because warriors, hunters, and warlocks cover up what a DH would be.
    And you honestly think Monks are unique? I feel they're very much like Paladins/Priests, Rogues/Feral Druid

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It's hard to think that they might introduce Illidan in another expansion but not Demon Hunters... and while there's evidence and comments leaning towards it being unlikely, I'm still on the fence. There might be Demon Hunters, there might not be.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they definitely are not coming
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Didn't a blue post say years ago they didn't want classes like "Battle Mage" or "Demon Hunter" because they would draw attention away from a mage or hunter? it was a long time ago so I could be wrong. Not to mention that the demon hunter's spells/abilities are all covered already.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Demon hunters are basically combat rogues, or hunters, who hunt demons. It doesn't call for a new class. It sounds to me more like an occupation than a skill set. What would you call a Mage who hunted demons for a living? Would he not be a demon hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    And you honestly think Monks are unique? I feel they're very much like Paladins/Priests, Rogues/Feral Druid
    Monks are nothing like those classes. Monks are martial artists that use hands and feet to heal and do damage. Paladins are like Holy Knights who use swords, Maces, and shields. Priests are spell casters who don't do melee at all. Rogues use poisons, daggers, and stealth. Feral Druids are spell casters that turn into animals. In this case, they turn into a Lion, Panther, or Tiger.

People saying that Monks are like Rogues/Ferals because they all use energy is like saying Priests and Shaman are alike because they both use mana.

As for Demon Hunters, don't bet on it. Even if the next expansion is the Burning Legion, Demon Hunters just don't fit as a class in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    No they aren't GC didn't confirm it, but said something about DKs, locks and hunters already filling the gap or something like that. I'll find the twitter post.
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    GC confirmed not because warriors, hunters, and warlocks cover up what a DH would be.
    Yeah, that's not what he said.

He asked if there was any role that demon hunters could fulfill that wasn't already covered by existing classes.

Personally I'd like to see a class that swaps between melee and ranged stances mid-combat, we don't have one of those yet. DHs in WC3 sort've did that with Metamorphosis.

As to whether we'll see them or not - a Legion expansion would be the time to do it, if it's going to happen at all.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If next expansion is the legion, DH will come next. If next expansion isn't the legion, DH will come later.

One thing is certain, DH will come. It is by far the most desired class. And player desire trumps everything, even lore.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They should actually just start adding more specs to classes.

I do think they'll add Demon Hunters, but they probably won't do it next expac.

If they do add them, they'll probably be like:

Ranged DPS spec (int mail), Melee DPS spec (agi mail), Tank spec (agi mail)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    No, I personally find the class stupid as it requires a certain kind of clothing/weapon type to be recognizable. I think Demon Hunters are the most dumb choice for next class. There I said it.

I would prefer something more like a Tinker but a new class next expansion both sounds early and we already have too many classes to balance with the recent addition of the Monk class. Just my opinion btw.
    I don't think DH will come next expansion but if you think about types of armor and things like that, almost all races have something that is like "for that class", for example: Dks are usually using dark plate armor with rune weapons, so i don't think the type of weapon is actually a problem