Leveling an alt and leveling a gathering profession (herbalism)

I have been playing since vanilla, and I have not had a more frustrating time leveling herbalism ever. There are times where I travel through a zone on my mount (i'm lvl 30 atm) and not see a herb for at least 5 minutes. I would like to know why the hell this is. It's kinda frustrating, because you used to be able to level professions while leveling and it would scale (and I don't even have BoAs, the horror if I did) with my leveling of professions. Now? Forget it. I have to waste so much time outside leveling to keep up with my professions.

I would say it's CRZ (and this is not an anti CRZ post I think it brings many good things to the game), but I don't even see any other players out there getting herbs. So wth is going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like really bad luck. I've leveled a couple herbalists since MoP and my herbalism is always way ahead of my level (one of them had herbalism up in the Cataclysm levels before leaving Outland, if I'm remembering right).

Sometimes it's just really bad luck or places where you don't find herbs at times, depending on the zones, I mean, I've had times like that, but really, even with CRZ, on my monk I leveled a month or two back, I had no issues with herbalism, my jewelcrafter I am having a bit of problem now, but there is no issue finding ore, it's mostly just finding silver or gold I have had no luck with.

Of course, just sometimes having people 30 feet away mining or the like sometimes happens, my friend complains about it a fair amount.

well, it's jsut that leveling is becoming easier and easier and I dont even have BOAs and im outlvling the whole zone quest lines, and while questing and even getting every herb I see I still have to backtrack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    well, it's jsut that leveling is becoming easier and easier and I dont even have BOAs and im outlvling the whole zone quest lines, and while questing and even getting every herb I see I still have to backtrack
    Depends on what you need. I had to go back and farm a lot while leveling inscription just because I never had enough herbs to keep up with it. Herbalism itself was always way ahead of whatever level I was at, though.

My guess, you play during rush hour ?

The recent frustration I had for leveling a gathering profession was Mining for Fel Iron Ore and Cobalt ore,
    cobalt ore is so painfull, Like I had 4 nodes in 15 minutes all the way up Howling Fjord Zuldrak and Storm Peak)