Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    You go ahead and compare a faction which was killed, raised and mind-controlled into becoming what they are, to a group that a) knowingly summoned the Burning Legion into Azeroth and b) willingly became a race of monsters out of a fanatical desire to serve their monster queen in the deepest, blackest, most brutal part of the ocean, and did so, gladly, for ten thousand years, without so much as a peep of protest.

Oh, now they decide enough is enough? Face heel turns have a statute of limitations.
    Maybe you haven't heard about it but it is stated that Azshara had big influence on her people and almost all of them were blindly in love with here.They followed her because she maybe used some sort of magic to manipulate them.The closest IRL comparison would be Hitler and the German people that followed him,can you say all of them were like their leader,I don't think so.It was Azshara's idea to summon Sargeras and you can't condemn the entire race for following their manipulative leader.
    Just think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    What about dragonkins?
    They would be cool but I feel we as a community would be better off with a new race all together, It would be cool if we discovered a new friendly race somewhere else while we are fighting an enemy on a different planet or just a new setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would they look like when you take off all their gear? Naked? Loin cloth and bra?

10+ Year Old Account
    What about dragonkins?
    Drakonids or dragonspawn? Drakonids would be easily adapted to a playable race...dragonspawn would be a little more difficult due to being quadrupedal (although obviously not impossible).

I doubt we'll ever get playable dragon races though, even of the lesser dragonkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    What would they look like when you take off all their gear? Naked? Loin cloth and bra?
    Either one would look hilarious. Particularly the latter.

I would say because they are one of the last cool races from the Warcraft Rts games. Other than Ogers there isn't a whole lot new races to put in the game.

Naga would make just as much sense as Worgen do as a playable race. They would just have to be a small faction that broke off from Azshara.

Well, I don't understand why people want a third playable Elf race. Naga are worlds more interesting to me than more regular old Elves.

To each their own.

That's all I'll say on the matter though. I've had the "why Naga would work" debate WAY too many times and I'm tired of repeating myself.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Drakonids or dragonspawn? Drakonids would be easily adapted to a playable race...dragonspawn would be a little more difficult due to being quadrupedal (although obviously not impossible).

I doubt we'll ever get playable dragon races though, even of the lesser dragonkin.
    I was thinking about those 4 footed. Btw what they even are?

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    Maybe you haven't heard about it but it is stated that Azshara had big influence on her people and almost all of them were blindly in love with here.They followed her because she maybe used some sort of magic to manipulate them.The closest IRL comparison would be Hitler and the German people that followed him,can you say all of them were like their leader,I don't think so.It was Azshara's idea to summon Sargeras and you can't condemn the entire race for following their manipulative leader.
    Just think about it.
    The entire race didn't follow their manipulative leader. The ones that didn't are colloquially known as "elves." And glamour only counts for so much. To quote Army of Darkness:

You found me beautiful once.

Honey, you got real ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    Well, I don't understand why people want a third playable Elf race. Naga are worlds more interesting to me than more regular old Elves.
    I agree I don't like the high elf thing either people scream from the rooftops about how high elves would be a game breaking amazing change to WoW but they are just blood elves there would be not a single thing interesting about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people want something unique I guess, which is what Naga would be. Although yes, they would be hard to implement into some parts of the game. I'm sure if Blizzard really tried they could easily make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about those 4 footed. Btw what they even are?
    The four-legged ones are dragonspawn (sorry, I was going to link to them and forgot).

It would be kind of funny to see them mounted, though. Especially on a tiny mount with their hind legs dangling off the back. xD

SUP

I personally prefer Space Mummy's as a playable race. Ethereals would probably have some unique/cool spells.

But I can see the appeal of Naga. What would the racials be? Slither? Peel?

Quote Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
    SUP

I personally prefer Space Mummy's as a playable race. Ethereals would probably have some unique/cool spells.

But I can see the appeal of Naga. What would the racials be? Slither? Peel?
    Lol that what I usually imagine if I hear of playable naga just bad looking mount animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Lol that what I usually imagine if I hear of playable naga just bad looking mount animations.
    If Nagas were greenlit, Blizz would have no trouble working it out, but I just found it funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The four-legged ones are dragonspawn (sorry, I was going to link to them and forgot).

It would be kind of funny to see them mounted, though. Especially on a tiny mount with their hind legs dangling off the back. xD
    That reminded me that those dragonkins would be awesome mount. I know they are intelligence beings, i think. But hey, we already ride drakes and they are the most intelligent race in azeroth.

i want those city sized shellfish gods in vashjir to be a playable race. Blocking mailboxes? More like blocking the entire zone.

oh iam sorry, you wanted to play Alterac? BLOCKED.

warsong? Blocked outside the boundaries of the map!

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It's barely a step up from wanting playable Faceless Ones.
    Or barely a step down from wanting playable Orcs. Or Trolls. Or Worgen (which were 100% evil before new lore was written in to make them playable).

Naga are cool. I don't care how they look on mounts, or whether their shoes become a tail spike, they're still cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
    I kinda loathe the thought of Ethereals as a playable race. They hurt my eyes and remind me too much of Blood Elves for no particular reason.

Probably the way they stand.
    Last edited by Vorticough; 2013-02-14 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Its like Pandaren everyone wants it to be a playable race than they complain it doesn't work when it actually becomes one !!
    WE WANT X!

(they get X)

X SUCKS WE WANT Y
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1