Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Sounds similar to my half dreamstate where I'm in my bed and someone else is in the room. It's pretty freaky. My situation isn't like yours but..I don't know if you are having mental issues.
    I actually had a half dreamstate like that not too long ago (last month maybe) and I woke up, in my bed, but I thought I was at one of my friend's house... and I was confused as fuck as I stumbled around in the dark trying to navigate what I thought was his living room eventually to find my way back my bed before realizing the setup was actually my room. Its a funny story hind sight, but like I said... I was seriously confused for about 2 minutes. I was aware enough to know what I was doing, but unconscious enough to believe I was literally somewhere else.

the voice is what seems the scariest. We haven't gotten really in depth in my class yet, but in a psych 101 class I remember they said that the voices people hear often tell them to hurt themselves or others.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I don't recall the word "squeal" "squealing" or anything in relation to that being in my dream, it was a pretty standard dream, theater watching a performance and not once was I under any stress during that dream, just a little hang out with old friends. So that's kinda why I was freaked out because I hadn't experienced anything nightmarish during my sleep and to suddenly wake up like that just confuses me.
    The average person has about 7 or so dreams a night, and we're lucky if we remember one. The logical explanation, however weird it might seem to you, is that the dream you thought you were having during your sleep paralysis episode was one you had earlier in the evening, and that's just what your brain was remembering at the time, but the squeal dream was the current one.

Just to put it in perspective, Sleep Paralysis is the most common explanation for things such as Incubi/Succubi visitation claims (and other demonic visitations), shadow people, and alien abductions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

The fear is caused by amygdula stimulation

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Lucid Dreaming. Learn to control it, control the world....almost.

I hear voices, movement, and sometimes explosions or electrical pops. It was freaky at first, but once you get used to it, endless possibilities open up.
    Last edited by Synros; 2013-02-14 at 03:56 AM.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

It's common. I'd always hear growling when waking up with sleep paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I actually had a half dreamstate like that not too long ago (last month maybe) and I woke up, in my bed, but I thought I was at one of my friend's house... and I was confused as fuck as I stumbled around in the dark trying to navigate what I thought was his living room eventually to find my way back my bed before realizing the setup was actually my room. Its a funny story hind sight, but like I said... I was seriously confused for about 2 minutes. I was aware enough to know what I was doing, but unconscious enough to believe I was literally somewhere else.

the voice is what seems the scariest. We haven't gotten really in depth in my class yet, but in a psych 101 class I remember they said that the voices people hear often tell them to hurt themselves or others.
    This happens to me about once a month. I'll wake up, thinking I'm doing something then 2 minutes later realize I'm in bed.

Typically I just get up, walk around then snap out of it and go to bed. Most times my sheets are thrown all over because I think I'm doing something with them.

I often have dreams where I'm almost paralyzed; there's always some sort of dire situation where I need to run away/run to something but my legs are moving in slow motion and no matter how hard I try to move faster or how much effort I exert it still takes like 5 minutes to make a single step.

Is this something similar to Sleep Paralysis? I'm never 'awake' though, always dreaming.

Also had times when I've been awake inside my own nightmare, knowing I was dreaming but unable to wake myself up or take control of the dream.

Sounds like a Dominatrix drugged you and had her way with you... not necessarily a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Sounds like a Dominatrix drugged you and had her way with you... not necessarily a bad thing.
    Hahahaha don't think my gf would approve!

I read up on all these links and read explanations, thanks guys!

15+ Year Old Account
    Thin man...

Deleted
    You sure you didn't watch Deliverance recently?

Well, were you squealing yet?

Don't leave us hanging, bro.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Einherjarn, I never watch tv, I do most my watching online for TV Shows :P

eh probably just spome entities breaking free of the nightosphere to devour your soul. i suggest investing in a penguin they're evil souls are immune to nightosphere magics
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    sleep paralysis can cause your brain to see and hear things that are not really there. It can be scary but it is not life-threatening
    Basically dreaming while under sleep paralysis. Think of it as semi-lucid dreaming (semi-restoration of consciousness) brought about by extensive fatigue (sleep paralysis).

Once I had a dream while under sleep paralysis that I told my friend to tap me because I couldn't get up. The dream continued until I was about to head out the door when I realized that I was dreaming.

My standard method of breaking sleep paralysis is to try to tapping myself. Its very difficult to accomplish but it works.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-02-14 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Sounds like a fun time to me.

But seriously, what the OP described is fairly normal, at least for me. See a doctor if you're really worried about it, but I deal with sleep paralysis occasionally and have for years, and it can be pretty freaky when you really wake up and break it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    So I woke up in a sleep paralysis state (Awake with eyes closed, but unable to move or speak) and I hear a voice asking me: "Are you squealing yet?" It kept asking it over and over and it sounded as clear as day, the freaky part is no one was in my room or home at the time and the only other thing I could hear alongside the voice was the birds that usually chirp during the morning. Should I be worried for my sanity or is this common with sleep paralysis?
    Yeah sleep paralysis side effect. What happens in sleep paralysis is your brain and body are still asleep and dreaming but for some reason your conscious mind reactivates. During REM sleep, which is when dreams occur, your body intentionally paralyzes itself so that you don't start thrashing around acting out your dreams. When you wake up during sleep paralysis, you're still to an extent in a REM state but you're conscious of it.

So no you're not crazy!

Edit: Okay Veyne beat me to it. I suppose that will teach to not read the first page of a thread. >_<
    Last edited by Talokami; 2013-02-14 at 04:58 PM.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely find myself in sleep paralysis, yet i try to master it and lucid dreaming.

A tip i hear that seems to work for most when they find themself in sleep paralysis is to mess around with your breathing, like fast breathing and slow etc, try diffrent things with inhale / exhale since your brain puts no locks on your breathing when in paralysis, since if it did you would be dead^^
    This should lead to your brain understanding that your awake and let go of the paralysis.

If we reverse it and try to get into a sleep paralysis by force 1 way is to lay absolutely still in bed and not move at all, after a good while you gona feel twitching feelings that makes you wana move or so, do not move! this feeling will be harder and harder to ressist but if you make it your soon in sleep paralysis while awake.
    The pain / twitching you gona feel is you brain sending signals to you body like ''Hey feets! your awake still? move a bit if your awake'' and your brain makes more and more attempts to get some part of the body to move or make you roll from 1 side to the other, this is done so it can confirm your asleep before it shuts down body movement.
    When you enter Sleep Paralysis it most of the times feels like you getting a heavy blanket placed atop of you from feets and up to your head.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend tells me the only way she can get out of sleep paralysis is by saying a Hail Mary. She's not even religious, but apparently it works for her.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!