Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pathfinder Online ArcheAge Neverwinter

Deleted
    If you are hoping for some new upcoming game to drag 10millon+ subs I hate to break it to you but it wont be anything like that the next upcoming years.
    And if that wont happen, how would you define the next big one to be?

Deleted
    Wasn't the last Elder Scrolls game full of bugs that stalled gameplay? It may look pretty but things like that will really hinder the game, just look at SW:TOR had such potential but got let down by bugs and crappy customer service.

I doubt anything will topple WoW until Blizzard pull the plug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Wasn't the last Elder Scrolls game full of bugs that stalled gameplay? It may look pretty but things like that will really hinder the game, just look at SW:TOR had such potential but got let down by bugs and crappy customer service.

And it doesnt have to
    There will not be a game as big as wow next upcoming years, not even blizzards new mmo will have a success like that.
    However, it doesnt mean that other mmos that cant quite get a population like that are bad. On the other hand there are lots of viable and fun options out today and there will be more to come. Mmo population will be more spread out after their own flavours and it's not a bad things, many mmos are extremely fun without being close to have 10millions active players

Hmm, as much as people are pumped about TESO I am getting flashbacks of the high hopes people had for SWTOR...which was a good game...

I'd be pleasantly surprised if TESO surpasses GW2 success

As a WoW vet who as tried most games out there, I must say I am pleased with the smoothness and polish of Firefall Beta and I am kinda holding out hope for CCP's World of Darkness.

Wildstar's lightheartedness could be a winner, as in not taking itself too seriously....but if I were a betting man, I would say that as soon as "Titan" is unveiled, it will suck ALL the air out of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    "You're not in Azeroth anymore."

Ring a bell?
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    bullshit, on both accounts.

did you even see the rift ads? they were gunning for killing WoW, or at the very least were mocking it.
    "We're not in Azertoh anymore." is not a "WoW Killer" advert. They were being cheeky and poking fun. Which is pretty common in the advertising world.

The guy from EA coming out in interviews saying, "We're gonna destroy WoW just you wait" is positioning a product as a "WoW killer". Or the Guild Wars 2/Anet CEO sayingf they are gunning for WOW's #1 spot to Forbes.

9_9

Deleted
    If we're lucky there won't be one, and there will be a wide range of MMOs competing with each other.

Most MMOs mentioned in this thread are - thankfully - laughable. Having 80% of MMO players on a single MMORPG isn't a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar is the only one that stands out for me.
    Skyrims horrible gameplay will surely be the same in ESO..
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Monthly Sub is a bad idea to start with.

Lots of people sub for 1 or 2 months then quit.
    Sub again when new content comes out.

No royalty.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2013-02-14 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "We're not in Azertoh anymore." is not a "WoW Killer" advert. They were being cheeky and poking fun. Which is pretty common in the advertising world.

The guy from EA coming out in interviews saying, "We're gonna destroy WoW just you wait" is positioning a product as a "WoW killer". Or the Guild Wars 2/Anet CEO sayingf they are gunning for WOW's #1 spot to Forbes.

9_9
    Clutching at straws a bit there....intent is well and truly implied in the comments made by Rift.

Its a bit naive to suggest EA or whoever designs a game in the same genre as WOW without the intentions of pulling the player base away. Even fair trade teabags want to "kill" other teabag brands. Its is the world of business and computer games are a business.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsoul View Post
    Clutching at straws a bit there....intent is well and truly implied in the comments made by Rift.

Its a bit naive to suggest EA or whoever designs a game in the same genre as WOW without the intentions of pulling the player base away. Even fair trade teabags want to "kill" other teabag brands. Its is the world of business and computer games are a business.
    Competition is one thing. The assertion a product will run other competitors out of business is another. That is what "WoW Killer" implies; that you are going to "kill off" the other guy's product.

Most are aware Coke and Pepsi are in competition. And both companies take pokes at the other from time to time. Coke-Cola publicly stating their new product is the "Pepsi Killer" is a whole other ball of marketing wax.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-14 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing stands out, nothing entices me, just another endless drone of drivel like wildstar and Teso. Gw2 was the one that stood out and that is just a mediocre attempt to change mmos. Im very tired of mmo's right now that I'm just going to stick with wow and wait for the next super hyped game to come along that actually tries to be different like GW2, lets just hope it creates a meaningful long lasting experience and not the short term sub standard grind of GW2.
    Rift, Tera, Swtor, Lotro nothing has been able to drag me from wow and the decidedly average looking teso and wildstar certainly wont. I feel like going back to ultima online and just hunting for mining spots or fishing up treasure instead of having my handheld towards a dungeon and another item that is slightly shinier than the last.

Fencers is right there is nothing about the not in azeroth anymore than idicates it will try to take on WoW as some kind of wow killer. Wildstar on the other hand has said they want to be the biggest game on the planet, they threw the gauntlet down and they will look as stupid as the SWtor bunch.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-02-14 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post

TES:Skyrim was developed by Bethesda. TESO is being developed by ZOS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Elderscrolls is the next big one to either be good for awhile or instant disappointment. No MMO will keep us playing longer than 2 years. The rest, well they're coming out, but can't say it's something to play for a long long time.

There needs to not be "the next big MMO" for future MMOs to actually succeed. The reason we have so many "failed" big-name MMOs is because of the players, not just the games themselves. When you build up all these unrealistic expectations for a new game, it'll never be able to live up to them. Sure, there's going to be that honeymoon period where it is going to be the best game ever, but that honeymoon period ends and that's when the denial and dejection comes.

It's kinda like a guy trying to pick up the most beautiful girl in a club. She says she likes video games and heavy metal. Things are going great for a while, and then the lights come on... and that's when you see that she actually resembles the Cryptkeeper and her idea of video games and heavy metal are Angry Birds and Nickelback. That's what it feels like when the honeymoon period is over.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Fencers is right there is nothing about the not in azeroth anymore than idicates it will try to take on WoW as some kind of wow killer.
    I know they said in some interviews that it was meant to be humorous, but they should've known how pretty much every person that saw those ads would (and did) take it.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-14 at 03:25 PM.

Was really looking forward to Dark Millenium. With pvp focus and so much potential with the best sci fi ip, space battles and a galaxy with hundreds off planets to expand gameplay on with raids/pvp and great amount off races etc. Now i dont really know but im looking forward to DaoC unchained for the pvp and eso for the great serie, i hope one off them turns out fine.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Not really too hyped about the Elder Scroll MMO. The gameplay and especially the combat in Skyrim was actually pretty bad so if the MMO is anything like that...

Looking forward to Blade and Soul, the combat looks pretty fun. Just hoping it won't be yet another asian grind MMO.

I think the Elder Scrolls Online looks underwhelming. It looks like its taking far too much from Guild Wars 2, which is good for some im sure, but for me that means nothing but fail. Guild Wars 2 was a fast food cheap and shallow MMO, it was a major disappointment. I am looking for a real MMO, one that you can sink some real time into and can keep your attention, and I have to say Sony has my curiosity peaked with Everquest Next.

We have next to no information about Everquest Next so far, so we will have to see, but Everquest original is still my favourite MMO of all time and is what WoW pretty much directly copied in the early days. Probably why I also liked early WoW far better then modern WoW =P
    Last edited by Thessik-Irontail; 2013-02-14 at 05:00 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've said in an interview they're not trying to make Everquest Next in the same vein as the first one, though, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Last edited by bohapjut; 2013-02-15 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Rift wasn't positioned as a WOW-killer. Also Rift still thrives with a huge expansion, active population, highly regraded PVP & development as well as maintaining a sub fee where other bugger budgeted titles had to go free-2-play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift_%2...ontent_updates

Rift is a fairly successful & critically well regarded.

SWTOR wasn't a "WOW killer" either.

Don't mistake fan enthusiasm for marketing. Only 2-3 MMOs have ever been positioned in the market as a "WOW Killer" or directly competing for the same player base World of Warcraft attracts.
    Well they tried to be though.You aren't in Azeroth anymore. remember that?