Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-03-01 at 02:00 AM.
Cool thanks for the confirmation. I have just under cap after this week, which should let me grab a ring and then the trinket after finishing next week's valor cap.
What's roughly the difference between Relic of Yu'lon and Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (522 Valor-Trinket) for Fire/Arcane?
RealPPM Functionality Changes
We changed RealPPM to use your true melee haste or spell haste (whichever is higher) to scale the proc rate instead of attack speed or casting speed. The difference is that things that buff your attack speed (such as the raid buff or Slice and Dice) do not increase the frequency of RPPM procs. True haste boosts, such as Bloodlust or haste rating on gear will improve proc rate. We felt this change was necessary to balance proc rates among different specs.Intellect DPS
- Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – 15% chance on landing harmful spell. 45 sec ICD.
- Wushoolay’s Final Choice – 0.56 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful abilities and spells, and periodic spells. 22 sec ICD.
- Breath of the Hydra – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from periodic spell. No ICD.
- Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD. Proc rate multiplied by 0.00 for non-caster specs. Proc rate multiplied by 0.5 for Balance Druids. Proc rate multiplied by 0.25 against player controlled units. Proc rate multiplied by 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15) for the various Item Level versions of the trinket.
- Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance – 0.77*(1+SpellCritChance) RealPPM on critical harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-iii/#post2169Legendary Metagems
Sinister Primal Diamond – 1.18 base RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD.
- That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient:
Anyone Else: 1.000
8800 Haste for 10 seconds
[10/50] * 8800= 1760 Haste
unless you have double upgraded then do the calculation on your own :P
but in conclusion the new 522 trinket will be very worth while when 5.2 hits
I'm just curious about the trinkets for those that are going to be switching over to Fire when they get a decent Ilvl. I won't have any special heroic t14 trinkets from the old raids. I was just trying to nail down possible 5.2 trinkets including the raid drops and the valor reward one. For someone that is just in a casual raiding guild that will probably just be in normals, are there two trinkets that I can try to hunt for?
There will be a few available to you; the Friendly w/ Shado-Pan Assault one (Essence of Terror 5.2 version), Int on-use Crit from Shado-Pan Revered, and Relic of Yu'lon (Int, on-procc Int) from the Darkmoon Faire, which if you want, go get one NOW before the faire closes on Saturday.
There's also the Haste on-use Int one from revered with Shieldwall/w/e-the-horde-rep-is-called.
Out of these four, I'd recommend Haste on-use Int and EoT 5.2.
Firstly, thanks for the quick reply.
I'm right at the 490 ilvl atm. I am using 2/2 Relic of Yu'lon and 2/2 RF EoT. Like I said, it's basically just casual raiding. We are 9/16 normals but I don't have any of the normal mode trinkets. I am just looking for some sort of guide to pick up a couple of the newer trinkets. I won't be running BiS lists cause there is no point at that level. I just wanted to do what I could with what was out. I will be running all the RF stuff to supplement. I also have 3k valor already saved so I'll probably pick up that friendly trinket.
Legendary Meta gem typo fixed
Any guesses why these numbers? Fire's really deep low (0,35636 RPPM ~ 1 Proc in 3min w/o haste)Sinister
0.302 Fire Mage
1.387 Frost Mage
Edit: Sry, just saw dragon's new thread regarding the gems.
I hate to bloat your trinket discussion here, but I had a question as well. I am currently speccing fire and using a 2/2 RoY and a 2/2 LotC (N). Would the new valor trinket be an upgrade? If so, replace which trinket? Thanks in advance, I wanted to make sure not to waste any valor.
So I got Breath of the Hydra last night, but wth is wrong with the proc chance, from testing on a target dummy as fire spec I can easily go 5+ minutes without a proc. Seriously considering using an older trinket