Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Making Credits, AKA: Dolla Dolla Bill Yo

There was some talk recently concerning how to play the market and make credits in the World of GTNcraft. Lets leave dailies, missions, and Flashpoints aside and focus on Crew Skills and Crafting.

I ran some numbers over the past few days to get a baseline of Crew Mission cost to try and see how much crafting items was costing me, what is making the most profit, and when I should buy something off the GTN vs. crafting it myself.

My results will pertain only to Archeology, Slicing, and Synthweaving (since that's all I tested it on thus far). I'll do a Treasure Hunting one when I have more data.

Archeology
    Washed - 1,415 Credits - Cortosis Substrates - Average Yield = 10 - 141 Credits / Unit
    Tetan Mosaic - 1,485 Credits - Upari Power Crystals - Average Yield = 6 - 247 Credits / Unit
    Endic Daredevils - 1,485 Credits - Primevil Artifact Fragments - Average Yield = 7 - 212 Credits / Unit

Slicing
    Mysterious Funds + Whispers on the Net - 1,780 Credits - Average Yield (Data Module) = 4 - 445 Credits / Unit
    Mysterious Funds + Whispers on the Net - 1,780 Credits - Average Yield (Advanced Neural) = 0.6 - 2,967 Credits / Unit

Synthweaving
    Augment Component = 1,199 Credits / Unit (Estimated 25% materials returned on Reverse Engineering = 899 Credits / Unit)
    Augment Kit = 11,082 Credits / Unit
    Purple Augment = 14,268 Credits / Unit
    Blue Augment = 4,180 Credits / Unit

So, this tells me right off the bat that my biggest money makers are (not surprisingly) Epic Augments. But it also shows how profitable they are when they sell for 75k (Weekday prices). Meanwhile, Blue Augments are still very profitable since they sell ~10K. Augment Kits sell for ~40k, making them attractive as well.

Please share some of your own money making ventures. =)
    Last edited by WarpedAcorn; 2013-02-14 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Well, I'm currently leveling up an Assassin who has Cybertech (went for it since I knew from start I would need tons of mods for orange gear to have a desired look) and he makes a good living from crafting low-level armorings and mods. There's a big market for lvl 15-40 stuff, people buy it, I buy it myself (Enhancements I can't make or Crystals for example). I discover new recipes as I level up for myself and for GTN sale.

Of course, no crazy sums or anything, but really nice for leveling

Blue Mods (armor, hilts, enhancements) that are for sub-50's.

Playing the market on the GTN, buy low sell high.

Going to third anything that deals with sub 50's mods. Love cybertech. I only go for the blue armoring mods, and it keeps my commando pretty well kitted up as she levels. Enhancements I buy with planet commendations. Barrels and crystals I get off the GTN. Fun to solo heroic 2s and some 4s on her, haha.

Generally speaking:
    If mats cost less than the item I'm making, craft.
    If someone is pricing the mats dirt cheap, buy and use them to print money (more crafting.)
    Figure out the holes in your market and fill them..i.e. pages and pages of might mods, but little to no resolve ones...make resolve mods.
    If the mats cost more than crafted item, sell mats instead.

This is the first game I've played where I actually made money while leveling crafting. So mostly crafting and doing some item flipping on the GTN for me. The RNG in Underworld Trading can go die in a car fire though. I hate you companion gifts and worthless fabrics. You're getting in the way of my precious precious metal missions. :P

Helps to spend a little time reading the market before jumping in with buy low sell high. Figure out when people are likely to undercut/offload stock and take advantage of it. Usually I buy more on the weekends when prices are low due to lots of stock/competition and sell during the week. Every server is different though (was for me in WoW at least.)

Agree with Haruss, cybertech won't pull in F-U money, but so far I've been able to buy all the unlocks I want for my preferred account short of the artifact license and now I'm just collecting legacy races.

i myself make a decent living selling lvl 11-15 orange gear with mode in them. I take bout 20% off of the legacy vendor cost and put them up on GTN.

my good sellers are aim sets and str sets I tried cunning and resolve but they tok longest to sell. Of course I need 3 craftings to do this and they are Cyber (trooper main) armortech( sniper alt) and Artifice(sage alt)

i dont do it much anymore since starting overnights but I did make bout 500k every 2 weeks( not a lot but good nuff for my needs) cyber by far is my best seller I make armorings mostly since vendors charge 7 comms for em and the occasional mod

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of my chink comes from selling exotech stims. There are days when I can't keep enough of them in my bags to keep up with the demand. My second favorite is a lucky cybertech drop I got for a tanking mod that still moves pretty well. I'll toss out the occasional epic 22 augment but never in bulk since I don't want to see the market tank due to flooding it. I had stopped doing dailies until the patch dropped on Tuesday, now I've been on Ilum every day since. Luckily my Gree rep capped out for the week last night so I can start to focus on the rest of the game again.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

heh I make roughly 4M credits a day selling implants as a biochem. Whether Im selling hazmats that I crafted or if someone is handing me mats + tip Im cleaning up still. Its been this way since hazmat implants came out and I RE'd my first one and learned it. I'm the implant king on PotF so life is good as a biochem.

Deleted
    played the marked whit mats only, where they cheep did buy everything out and sell for a bigger prize. do crew mission for more mats to sell did that for 2 weeks gained 4mil creeds. but test out what get sold, most I sold was 10-40 lvl stuff. used treasure hunting only. on 3 chars :P

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Playing the market on the GTN, buy low sell high.
    This seems to be much easier in this game than others I've played. There's plenty of people who will just list for the default leaving huge margins between their items and the rest that are listed. Just take virtually any item and sort by price. Find the couple of listings that are ridiculously low and re-list at market price.

Duck soup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahfireworks View Post
    This seems to be much easier in this game than others I've played. There's plenty of people who will just list for the default leaving huge margins between their items and the rest that are listed. Just take virtually any item and sort by price. Find the couple of listings that are ridiculously low and re-list at market price.

Duck soup.

I do this with a few cartel items, augments, and companion gifts. I just check the GTN inbetween Warzones and see if I can make a quick 25k Credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    I'm the implant king on PotF .
    This made me giggle. I'm the implant king myself, out of game though!

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sarahfireworks View Post

Duck soup.
    Ya, been cleaning house with people listing at the default list price. Or people forgetting to add 0's. Got several artifact gear unlocks for 500 credits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I recently stopped playing- being in a top guild (Chosen on Pot5), we had tons of schematics for every BiS armoring/mod/enhancement. I just sold those. Broke 20m the first week TFB came out since we RE'd all gear instead of handing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Before I recently stopped playing- being in a top guild (Chosen on Pot5), we had tons of schematics for every BiS armoring/mod/enhancement. I just sold those. Broke 20m the first week TFB came out since we RE'd all gear instead of handing it out.
    Shouldn't you be playing your panda?:P Are you coming back to swtor for expac?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    Shouldn't you be playing your panda?:P Are you coming back to swtor for expac?
    I'm not a panda And I may or may not come back. I'm not quite sure yet! I've been awfully busy.

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    This made me giggle. I'm the implant king myself, out of game though!
    I challenge your throne. In May, I'll be the proud father of 4 children under the age of 2. 2 sets of twins, both fraternal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I challenge your throne. In May, I'll be the proud father of 4 children under the age of 2. 2 sets of twins, both fraternal.
    May the force be with you (both)

I've one 2yr old...can't imagine the sound of 4 of them on a sunday morning at 4am

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    May the force be with you (both)

I've one 2yr old...can't imagine the sound of 4 of them on a sunday morning at 4am
    Luckily, the first 2 don't really make any noise until about 9 am. Been that way since they were 2 months old. Not looking forward to the first couple months of the new set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Treasure Hunting - Companion Gifts

Treasure Hunting is unique in that when you send a companion on a Gift mission they can come back with Fragments that can be turned in for specific Gifts (I.E. the highest priced Gifts).

Surprisingly, after running some numbers for a few days, the yield on investment is not quite as good as I had imagined.

10/23 Missions Yielded Artifact Fragments.

The Average Artifact Fragment received = 3.4 / Successful Mission

The Average Artifact Fragment per TH Mission = 1.5

The Average Artifact Fragment cost (based on 2255 credit missions) = 3383 credits / Fragment

The Rakata Grenade is the highest selling Artifact Companion Gift on my server and sells ~30k.

Therefore the Sale Cost per Fragment = 3750 credits

So you basically end up with a 3k Credit profit if you ONLY sold Rakata Grenades and pocketed the rest. But you also end up with a bunch of Rare (Blue) Quality Companion Gifts. Some of these are worthless like the Courting, Imperial/Republic Memorabilia. Some are a little more profitable like the Weapons, Luxury, and Technology. Most will sell for about 4k Credits on my server, with the Weapon pushing 8k sometimes.

This means that running TH missions for Companion Gifts will only net you money, but the profit margin isn't very high. You will steadily gain credits, but not at an amazing rate.

I have 7 slicers and just made an absurd amount of Advanced Overkill Mods. I actually got bored of it because of the cash I was making.

another way to make quick cash is if you have a lvl 50 sorc (with force speed and rocket booster from legacy) is to solo boarding party. If you hit your rocket boost and force speed when they are cooldown run past all the mobs and when you get to a chest aoe the whole mob down with lightning storm, open the chest and keep going. Get all the chests and the drops from the dead mobs and you should be able to complete the fp in under 12 minutes. as soon as you exit go to the medical droid and sell any greens, reds, blues, and trash from the fp and you should average about 40k ever 12-15 minutes. keep doing this as many times you like do it for an hour and get 160k. you could sell the reds on the gtn and maybe get a little more if you wanted but i dont... Other than that Artiface seems to make alot of return profit on the GTN on my server at least.