Deleted

Computer's clocks pick A LOT when downloading anything.

Hello guys.

Today I started to suffer from this problem. Whenever I'm downloading stuff the computer freezes like hell, if for example I'm downloading from both Steam and updating League of Legends and browsing on the Internet that is when the pc TOTALLY freezes.

I decided to use MSI Afterburner and these are the most strange graphics.

The first one is from the core's clock, and the second one from the memory's clock, I know it's in spanish, I'm sorry.

They pick like that whenever I'm downloading anything, and the more stuff I simultaniously download/ uses bandwith the more the pc freezes.

I don't know what could cause this, I already uninstalled everything I installed in the past 3 days, got rid from my antivirus (It got updated yesterday, so I thought that could be the problem).

From a few days ago I started to use two monitors but I think I didn't download anything since I installed the second one, could that be the reason it makes the pc lag that much when downloading?

Also, I use a 1TB HD and I'm currently have it at 55% of usage, I may have to make a disk formatting.

My specs:

CPU INTEL I5-3570 3.4GHZ 6MB S 1155/DDR3
    GIGABYTE H77-DS3H S1155/DDR3
    2X DIMM 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ KINGSTON
    HDD 1TB SATA3 7200 RPM SEAGATE
    VGA MSI NVIDIA GTX660TI 2GB GDDR5 POWER
    CORSAIR GAMMING SERIES 800W
    Last edited by mmocd57210a7db; 2013-02-14 at 11:30 PM.

Looks like your GPU is jumping from 2D to 3D mode clocks a lot, nothing that should cause your computer to freeze though.

It is probably just ads made in Flash that cause the fluctuations in the GPU clocks.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

This is kind of odd, but when games update there's decompression as well as repacking which consumes a ton of CPU resources. Recently, WoW's been repacking every 5.2 PTR update.

What CPU do you have?

EDIT:

It may also be due to RAM capacity as well as HDD speeds. If you have a lot of bloat and games are downloading/updating, then you might run out of RAM, causing excessive paging which slows down the computer. Repacking also reads and writes a lot of data to the HDD which may be freezing up any program that wants to access information from the HDD. Compared to XP and Vista, Windows 7 has been better about preventing one program from freezing the entire computer, but not everyone runs W7/8.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-02-14 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    My CPU is INTEL I5-3570 3.4GHZ 6MB S 1155/DDR3

I edited the post with my specs

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    My CPU is INTEL I5-3570 3.4GHZ 6MB S 1155/DDR3
    The weakest part of your system seems to be the 4GB RAM. How much RAM usage (percent) do you start out with when you cold boot your computer?

Deleted
    It stays at 400 MB, but in total I have 8gb not 4gb.

I uninstalled Steam since I'm watchin MSI Afterburner while using/starting some programs, Steam was making a lot of spikes so I got rid of it, but still I have some spikes from time to time :S

I'm also running on w7 64bits, so I guess it must be something related to the HDD, still now the spikes seem like they lowered a lot since I uninstalled Steam.

I get some spikes from time to time but those left are still at the same "height" (dont know how to call it) than the others I was experiencing.

EDIT: I think it has something to do with using two monitors, which I started to do a few days ago (sometimes when I pass programs or folders from one screen to other it creates spikes, but just SOMETIMES, not everytime), but I think the HDD has something to do with all this too.
    Last edited by mmocd57210a7db; 2013-02-15 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...how is it running at 400 mb ram on windows 7 64 bit?...