View Poll Results: Which country is most likely to drop another nuclear weapon on a foreign country?

Voters
520. This poll is closed
  • Russia

3 0.58%
  • United States

137 26.35%
  • Israel

78 15.00%
  • Pakistan

36 6.92%
  • India

3 0.58%
  • China

4 0.77%
  • North Korea

246 47.31%
  • France

7 1.35%
  • United Kingdom

6 1.15%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Israel would be much more likely. The little Irans, North Koreas, Pakistans and the likes know as soon as they launch, they themselves will be transformed into craters. The only reason they want nukes is to discourage others doing it anyway.
    Israel is on a powertrip and has already demonstrate they don't give a shit about what rest of the world thinks about their actions. They also know that nobody willing to insta-annihillate them in a situation where they launched has the capability to do so. They are the least inhibited nuke-armed country in the world.
    Israel has never instigated a war or armed conflict where their objective wasn't to increase the security of their country/citizens. Please tell me how, in your opinion, using nuclear weapons on another country (that isn't already threatening to use them on Israel) increases Israeli security.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Israel has never instigated a war or armed conflict where their objective wasn't to increase the security of their country/citizens. Please tell me how, in your opinion, using nuclear weapons on another country (that isn't already threatening to use them on Israel) increases Israeli security.
    Their war of independence was exactly a conflict to steal a country from the legal owners.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Heh being American I love the fact were the 2nd highest voted option.

Truth of the matter is the only thing more unlikely than the U.S turning to nuclear warfare is us paying back China all the Debt we owe them.
    (I say that because I can easily see us dropping some nukes on them to avoid paying up)

this whole thing is incredibly biased.

first you leave out Iran and second the question itself

"Which country is most likely to drop another nuclear weapon on a foreign country?"

by that question there is only one country that could be right. The United States is the ONLY country that could drop ANOTHER bomb on a foreign country

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    this whole thing is incredibly biased.

first you leave out Iran and second the question itself

"Which country is most likely to drop another nuclear weapon on a foreign country?"

by that question there is only one country that could be right. The United States is the ONLY country that could drop ANOTHER bomb on a foreign country
    To be fair, I read that as accepting a nuclear bomb had been dropped. Like if someone asked "which country is going to start ANOTHER war" wouldn't necessarily implicate the last country that had. It's just acknowledgement it's happened before.

But I agree with you. Hooray for the English language and its lack of clarity!
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Drop another implies that you have already dropped one and so far only one country has nuked another. Which answers the question, the United States.

Do I find it likely that the USA is going to nuke again? I doubt it, not unless they get nuked first -- or the terrorists do it to them.

From the list and depending on the situation I think there are a few others that would pass the USA on the list;

Israel could probably drop one if the next war (it's a when question and not an if one) goes really badly, better to take the enemy with them to hell then to be annihilated for nothing. The window is somewhat closing tho if/when Iran gets the bomb, they won't be able to lord it over the heads of the neighbours anylonger then. But still as a last ditch attack I wouldn't put it past them.

North Korea makes my list to, their little nuclear blackmail won't work forever, unfortunalty for them it will be the last button they ever push if they do.

India & Pakistan could probably nuke eachother if things came to blows between them (again).

Instead of a country nuking another country I wonder what will happen the day that the terrorists decide to drop (or explode) the bomb on some unsuspecting western capital. Whom will we retaliate against then ...

Oh yes, because the surrounding nations *cough*Iran*cough* are totally going to commit suicide by bombing them. There is no such threat, and everybody, Israel included, knows that. The reason Iran is trying to get a bomb is not to bomb Israel, but to stop Israel from bombing them. Israel wants to keep their ability to bomb their neighbors at will, and since they are western allies, the bad demonized guy in major media is who they want it to be. Don't be such a sheep.

Edit; If you didn't get it yet, Israels nuclear arsenal make them untouchable in the area. If Iran gets nukes, they lose that untouchability, lowering their ability to mess with their neighbours in a way beneficial to them.
    Last edited by kivipää; 2013-02-15 at 08:57 PM.

iran sees israel as a one or two nuke country. they would drop a nuke for the glory of allah and to drive the infidel out.

10+ Year Old Account
    again, it would take a really specific set of circumstances for it to happen

the world powers would have to be in support of use of the weapon and the target would have to be incapable of retaliating with nuclear strikes
    this only happened once, I don't see it happening again, even 'rogue nations' and terrorists aren't silly enough to use nuclear weapons

the consequences for usage of such weapons either without the consent of nations with nuclear weapons, or against a nation capable of retaliating are too grave

Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    iran sees israel as a one or two nuke country. they would drop a nuke for the glory of allah and to drive the infidel out.
    Not as long as they got western allies and/or their own. Heavily islamic nation or not you don't get into power by being stupid and suicidal.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this very probable scenario.

N. Korea(Best Korea) overcomes decades of obstacles to create a long range nuclear weapon. Best Korea proceeds to launch nuclear weapon toward one of their many "enemies". Nuclear launch does not go as planned, resulting in nuclear detonation in Best Korea.

Best Korea(now Worst Korea) requires aid from world.

It would be terrible while humorous at the same time.

-----------------------

To the people in this thread thinking countries will nuke their neighboring enemies. Nuclear strikes and the resulting fallout have adverse affects across the world. If one country nuked a neighboring country they would end up sharing the same adverse affects of that nuclear strike, resulting in the deaths of many residents on both sides for decades to follow.

Even the most fanatical countries out there know and understand that concept completely.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Also if there was to be "no" option, then you should atleast stamp India/Pakistan under same button because they're equally crazy in their lust for some Kashmirian ground.
    Have to disagree with you here. Certainly both countries very badly want to control Kashmir, and are willing to spend irrationally large amounts of money and lives to get it. But to the best of my knowledge only one of them regularly suffers through terrorist attacks funded by the other without military retaliation.

All the people saying it will be North Korea -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_first_use

North Korea, India, and China all signed on to NFU, albeit that was during Kim Jong-Il's time. I doubt any will be used in acts of war again, the much more popular acronym (MAD) assuring that. If one were to be used, the first would almost certainly be a member country of NATO.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for N.K. Mainly because of the testing they have been doing lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Pakistan, just because I don't believe North Korea is foolish enough to launch a nuclear weapon at any country, because that would just be a death wish for their entire nation. I don't believe that the United States will launch any nukes because I feel like we're smarter than that. And honestly, we don't have any reason to launch any weapons at someone, maybe except for North Korea, but even if we did that, we would have a shitton of angry members of NATO and the UN banging on our door and stuff. I wasn't all too sure about Israel, as they seem to have their heads up their asses lately, but I doubt that the US would even allow them to launch a nuclear weapon. Pakistan was my answer just because all the others seemed not likely and because of the Indian-Pakistani issue at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Inductive logic tells me America. They're the only ones who have!
    So what you're saying is... Poland should preemptively attack Germany?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    They will do anything to protect their country, but in what situation would dropping a nuke on another country (that doesn't already have nukes themselves) going to make Israel safer?
    And this is something Iran or North Korea would do? What, are we coming back to the assumption their IQs are on the level of sheep?

Israel has already been attacked by Muslim coalitions twice, and has another whose leadership has reportedly stated that Israel should be wiped off the map.
    This is a massive urban myth which was created because of a mistranslation. In that single interview, their president said the regime of Israel (i.e., a Jewish state in Palestine) should be wiped off the map. After those mistranslations, he went on to explain that he doesn't wish harm upon Israelis, just a country that isn't all about the Jews and a country that validates the existence of Palestinians there.

I would really like to hear your explanation of how you think Israel striking another country with a nuclear weapon would increase its national security.
    It wouldn't, really. Neither would it for any of those countries. Out of them, however, I think Israel is the one most likely to ever drop it due to the fact that there's no one to stop them or punish them for it afterwards. I mean, they have 700 nukes, last I heard, so there's really nothing they should fear.

That's not to say I think they're actually going to drop nukes. I actually believe nukes wont ever again be used for their true purpose. I answered the poll because that's what the OP wanted, he or she said there's no "none" option.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-16 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    And this is something Iran or North Korea would do? What, are we coming back to the assumption their IQs are on the level of sheep?
    Smaller countries aren't dumb enough to fight a much larger country head on unless forced to do so. That doesn't prevent smaller countries from acting behind the scenes in an attempt to punish larger countries (eg. supply a nuke to terrorists).
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-02-16 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    All the people saying it will be North Korea -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_first_use

North Korea, India, and China all signed on to NFU, albeit that was during Kim Jong-Il's time. I doubt any will be used in acts of war again, the much more popular acronym (MAD) assuring that. If one were to be used, the first would almost certainly be a member country of NATO.
    Sounds about right. North Korea might be crazy, but they're probably not stupid enough to use a nuke first. That only means they'll get wiped off the map.

So a NATO country? Could be, if so most likely the US. They've already shown disregard twice.

North Korea has almost no chance of hitting another Country. Taking the subject line at it's worth. The US should simply counter attack with missles. You don't think they have hundreds of thousands of them sitting for show do you. I doubt any country could hit US without it raising a red flag. That's what took place where Peral Harbor that's when the CIA was born.

North Korea off my mind in the list. China holds really no ill will. I still say Russians. Their President is entering his 3rd term. He has people arrested for singing songs against him and he's almost everything the US is. If tensions like this hold on then I'd say both sides ready to equip nucular tastes for each other. I doubt each side would do so. They could destroy half of each other's land and no one would be the winner.

--

Use this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-in-the-future

--Majad
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-02-16 at 04:07 PM.