Deleted

Femaledwarf help[

I've been using Askmrrobot for ages but the stat weights it gives me

crit 1.26
    hate 1.2
    mastery 0.7

seems way off. Is there a quicker way to test stat weights other than changings reforges click by click, its taking forever.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/nagrand/foody

As per their blog Ask Mr Robot starts with a set of gear, runs it through SimC, gets stat weights, uses those weights to get another gear set, and repeats the cycle until the stat weights stabilize. They then use the stable weights as their recommendation. It's not specific to your character, but it's safe enough that you won't be terrible as a result of using the weights.

Female Dwarf generates stat weights based on your character's current gear, but has trouble with haste values. Zeherah recommends fooling with the haste values above and below the initial input so that you can see if the weight generated is stable.

So -- Female Dwarf will give you your own unique weights, but you'll have to play with the haste values to ensure that that particular weight is accurate. Once you get those weights though, any changes to your gear will require recalculation of your weights.

If you want to be lazy about it, AMR is close enough that you'll do ok. FemDwarf will likely give you more precise numbers if you play with it a little.
    You can also use SimulationCraft yourself and compare those weights against what AMR and FemDwarf provide, for a third point of reference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    As per their blog Ask Mr Robot starts with a set of gear, runs it through SimC, gets stat weights, uses those weights to get another gear set, and repeats the cycle until the stat weights stabilize. They then use the stable weights as their recommendation. It's not specific to your character, but it's safe enough that you won't be terrible as a result of using the weights.

Female Dwarf generates stat weights based on your character's current gear, but has trouble with haste values. Zeherah recommends fooling with the haste values above and below the initial input so that you can see if the weight generated is stable.

So -- Female Dwarf will give you your own unique weights, but you'll have to play with the haste values to ensure that that particular weight is accurate. Once you get those weights though, any changes to your gear will require recalculation of your weights.

If you want to be lazy about it, AMR is close enough that you'll do ok. FemDwarf will likely give you more precise numbers if you play with it a little.
    You can also use SimulationCraft yourself and compare those weights against what AMR and FemDwarf provide, for a third point of reference.
    How much DPS are we talking about? 1-2k?

You can download Reforge Lite and use the stat weights that come with it. They are more accurate than mr robot. Just make sure you click the calculate button at least 5 times, since it comes up with different values until it finds the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    How much DPS are we talking about? 1-2k?
    I'm not sure of an average difference between the two. AMR boasts that you should be within 5% optimization for reforging, but it'd take some math I'm not inclined to do at this moment to see the difference in DPS. I found the post on my way out and figured the info would be of use. Good luck to you.

Stances,
    I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. If you run stat weights in SimC or Female dwarf and post them, I can set them up for your character if you'd like

Also, here's a blog post on editing stat weights in AMR.

PS: nice recap Taira, you nailed it
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    Im completely knew to this, SimC/Female dwarf, how do i do that?

I've found the haste weightings on all of the sim sites to be way too high. I always lower it considerably and end up getting far better results.

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    Im completely knew to this, SimC/Female dwarf, how do i do that?
    Download the latest release from simulationcraft.org. Instructions can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/simulationc.../StartersGuide
    There's also a set in a slightly dated guilde on wowhead, but there basics are the same.

For Female Dwarf, just import your character, check the settings to ensure they're correct (including likely buffs from your raid) and hit Update DPS. You will be presented with a few tables after it calculates. The important one is the Stats table, paying attention to the DPS column. Those are stat weights.

P.S.
    The difference in stat weights between using AMR defaults and custom stat weights may fall within a margin of error, meaning that RNG can screw you more than the difference in using weights tailored to your character. Still, if you're min/maxing for progression it can be worth doing the custom weights given that the tools crunch the numbers for you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 10:38 PM ----------

I was feeling generous. Foody's SV stat weights generated by FemaleDwarf.com are as follows:
    Ranged Speed + 0.1 332.110
    Agility + 1 4.286
    Ranged DPS + 1 3.724
    Expertise Rating + 1 (when below cap) 2.351
    Hit + 1 (when below cap) 2.321
    Attack Power + 1 1.634
    Crit Rating + 1 1.293
    Mastery Rating + 1 0.842
    Haste Rating + 1 0.145

Knowing that haste values can be a little wonky, I took the ratio of Agility to Haste from AMR and applied it to Female Dwarf's results and got a rating of 1.2. If you aren't sure which to choose and want to average AMR and Female Dwarf's haste weight values, the result is 0.68.
    Last edited by Alaira; 2013-02-16 at 03:01 AM.

Deleted
    See thats why it's so confusing.

I got stat weights as 2.2 haste 1.1 crit 0.2 mastery, i will use yours though

thanks agian