Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Other people do it better, or the build is unnecessary. For PVP

Warrior bunkers are terrible compared to guardians. Warrior healing is much less compared to Eles, or a thief with a water field. Eles remove conditions far better than warriors. The only thing warriors are really good at is hammer or mace cc builds. Those typically aren't used since so much has to be sacrificed to get it, or are used with a gs glass cannon.
    No, people are just stupid and don't want to believe there's builds outside of the meta they can use, i mean for fucks sake rangers were "worthless" and "underpowered" and "have no place in the meta because everyone does everything 'better'" until a little while ago and we haven't been buffed.

So, in short, stop blowing false info out of your ass and trying to tell the OP, and other uninformed people, wrong information.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Rangers still are worthless and underpowered and have no place in the meta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Rangers still are worthless and underpowered and have no place in the meta
    Lol if you only read the ranger forums this would be true xD.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I only have one real issue with Rangers, the sword #1 skill

If u want the feel of a pally/dk a warrior or guardian is ur best bet. Guardian I'd say first. As far as classes being able to take a hit and solo content, since there is no holy trinity in this game every profession has the potential to be tanky/supporty/dpsy. some classes can perform those roles better than others though. For example my Mesmer can be pretty tanky for a clothy if I spec and gear correctly.

So yea for what you're looking for I would say guardian then warrior. Can't go wrong either way! Have fun and good luck!
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I only have one real issue with Rangers, the sword #1 skill
    Mine is the community xD, the #1 skill on sword is REALLY good, just gotta learn when to dodge using it if you got it on auto attack, and if you don't have it on auto attack... Well idk how you have issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Mine is the community xD, the #1 skill on sword is REALLY good, just gotta learn when to dodge using it if you got it on auto attack, and if you don't have it on auto attack... Well idk how you have issues with it.
    I turn off the auto attack, it saves me frustration. The problem I have is that I use shortbow as my alternate and I like to use the autoattack with that weapon. I wish I could have it off auto for the sword, and then when I switch weapons have it go to auto with my bow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I turn off the auto attack, it saves me frustration. The problem I have is that I use shortbow as my alternate and I like to use the autoattack with that weapon. I wish I could have it off auto for the sword, and then when I switch weapons have it go to auto with my bow.
    You can can't you? Just hit any skill once you swap and it turns on, or right click your target (or desired target)

I thought you had to ctrl right click the actual skill to turn it off and on.

Edit: well now I feel dumb, it's per weapon, so it will always be whatever setting you have, I just never paid attention. So anyway, nice to know that I don't have to do anything once I have the setting for each weapon.

Still though, it would be nice to not be locked into the animation with auto attack on. I can't think of any other skill in the game that does this.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-02-18 at 02:39 AM.

Still though, it would be nice to not be locked into the animation with auto attack on. I can't think of any other skill in the game that does this.
    Warrior greatsword #1 does the lock as well. You're not alone.

No arajal it doesn't.

The only reason why you see rangers in the meta atm is due to retards not knowing how to dodge on to cap points so they don't get spiked with traps. The "bunker" rangers rely way too much on regen so if you have a boonsteal you can down rangers without much effort. If I can chose which bunker to fight it's probably ranger>war>nec>engi>guard>ele

No arajal it doesn't.
    I must be thinking of a different lock, then. I can't use skills like Whirlwind Attack if I'm in the middle of the animation for either of the first two #1 attack animations. That's what I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    No, people are just stupid and don't want to believe there's builds outside of the meta they can use, i mean for fucks sake rangers were "worthless" and "underpowered" and "have no place in the meta because everyone does everything 'better'" until a little while ago and we haven't been buffed.

So, in short, stop blowing false info out of your ass and trying to tell the OP, and other uninformed people, wrong information.
    Please prove me wrong.

Sure, warriors can bunker. But so can thieves. It doesn't mean either of them ever should. That's the point. Whether you accept it or not, people will min-max, and find out what is best at what. If you truly believe the things I said are false and want to challenge it, be my guest. Make a build and prove to me it's equal to or better.

As for rangers, they were fairly standard in a lot of teams by November or October, so I'm not sure what you mean.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-02-18 at 06:04 PM.

each profession feels quite different than anyone you know from other mmos imho, even the closest - the ranger - has a fundamentally new gameplay-experience since you can and should switch to melee-weapons and still have the very mobile playstyle with it on this profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Arajal View Post
    I must be thinking of a different lock, then. I can't use skills like Whirlwind Attack if I'm in the middle of the animation for either of the first two #1 attack animations. That's what I was thinking of.
    You made me doubt so I just checked, there's no problem with dodging when attacking with a war. Hit the button=> dodge no problem
    Tested WW aswell also no problem.

Rangers usually are a mix of melee and ranged capabilities.

The most mainstream and iconic rangers are famous for their swords moreso than bows.

Rangers in Everquest could use nearly every weapon & fighting style in the game, Rift rangers are bound by neither bow or immobility, Path of Exile Rangers can use all weapons and spells, DDO Rangers can melee and bow equally well and have Prestige paths for both styles. Amazons in Diablo 2 were melee, magic and bow users. Radiant Arcana Rangers could melee dps, heal, tank, ranged tank, melee tank and use a bow.

Guild Wars 1 Rangers could use melee weapons, bows and spells. :>

Kinda saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    snip
    Aragorn isn't the ranger, legolas is
    Regarding GW1 that's distorting the facts. In gw1 every class could use every weapon but some classes had ways of improving the damage on certain weapons. Warriors got special sword/hammer/axe skills sins got daggers and rangers had bows.

I looked it up. He totally is a Ranger. A Ranger of the North, specifically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_of_the_North

That is because their definition of a ranger isn't the same as the game definition of the ranger.
    Also "ranger of the north" is a description of the folk it's like saying I'm a knight because the people from my country are called "knights of the sea".

That is because their definition of a ranger isn't the same as the game definition of the ranger.
    Also "ranger of the north" is a description of the folk it's like saying I'm a knight because the people from my country are called "knights of the sea".
    And Tolkein's idea of Ranger was the basis for Dungeons & Dragons concept of a Ranger, which in turn is the basis for many high fantasy video game interpretations of a Ranger. Including the most influential MMO; Everquest.

Lord of the Rings guy is totally a ranger.