Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The problem is, when you have done all heroics in the reset and can do Ra-den, then use 30 tries on him, what the hell are you doing to do in next raids night? lol, you can easily do 30-35 in a night.

So, all the Asian guilds get their high ilvl gear while progressing in 25 man just to clear 10 man with 2 groups easily after to get some serious amount of extra attempts to look at the mechanics?

The seperate id system in asia will kill the world first race imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    So, all the Asian guilds get their high ilvl gear while progressing in 25 man just to clear 10 man with 2 groups easily after to get some serious amount of extra attempts to look at the mechanics?

The seperate id system in asia will kill the world first race imho.
    Or you know we could just exclude any Asian guilds from rankings. You know, the easy solution that would solve this non-issue in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Or you know we could just exclude any Asian guilds from rankings. You know, the easy solution that would solve this non-issue in the first place.
    I would love to, get rid of them in world of logs too. But its not that easy. All the crying if paragons world first is a real world first because of 10 man, and than you think no one will care if a asian guild gets world first ra-den 25hc weeks before the first us/eu guild? Its going to be a shitstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    I would love to, get rid of them in world of logs too. But its not that easy. All the crying if paragons world first is a real world first because of 10 man, and than you think no one will care if a asian guild gets world first ra-den 25hc weeks before the first us/eu guild? Its going to be a shitstorm.
    So you're worried about other people calling an Asian guild WF? I don't know if you're aware of this but you can ignore that and form your own opinion on the matter just the same as people did in regards to the Paragon is 10m a WF or not fiasco. As soon as Blizzard decides that the WF guild gets free game time for life or a giant check is brought to their house by Michael Morhaime driving the PCH van, then you can worry who else thinks who has a WF or not.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    I like this decision.
    1. only the most hardcore will see it and kill it
    2. guilds that spent unbelievable amount of time wiping will get screwed
    Usually it's the most hardcore guilds that spend the most time wiping on a boss because they do them undergeared and have to figure out working tactics (this is assuming boss isn't faceroll). If Ra'den has no dungeon journal that's going to make it significantly harder to figure out what to do. This change will 'screw' the most hardcore guilds more than any other guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No, Algalon was bugged and you couldnt engage him anymore after the first pull. We already had feedback on limited attempt bosses, and it was mostly negative.
    No, Algalon had an hour - 2 hour timer and then he was gone (can't remember which.)
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    What kind of shit have you been smoking where you think other guilds are going into your instance grieving you?
    DDOS, dummy.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-16 at 02:48 AM.

I personally believe Algalon was the best fight in the game, not just because of the mechanics but the way they implemented him. In-doing so i think the 30 attempts is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    So he's not actually going to be hard? Well ok I guess.
    What makes you say this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
    Limited attempts is one of the WORST things to have ever been put into this game, as far as PvE end game is concerned. Not to mention it opens up potential griefing by other guilds to ruin your attempt limit. I REALLY hope this does not go through. It was terrible before, and it will be terrible now.
    What's the difference that makes this more prone to griefing than any other world first races ? Not like you'd need one of your actual raiders to interfere with them. You could still try to grief the same relative (percentage) amount of their attempts.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    DDOS, dummy.
    I see you've been smoking the same shit as the other poster if you believe this is going to lead to DDoS attacks.

Oh that sucks, thought they'd left this bad design behind. I guess it goes hand in hand with the absurd size of the loot tables and the thunder forged grind to try extend this raid for a very long time.

I see you've been smoking the same shit as the other poster if you believe this is going to lead to DDoS attacks.
    Limited attempts lead to server crashing mid fight on multiple realms during icc through a fishing macro to waste attempts, so yes i do believe people would go as far as to ddos someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox2223 View Post
    Wrath had 2 of those bosses with limited attempts and they were both enjoyed by most of the community, I see no reason why the shouldn't introduce another one.
    Says who? They were a stressful pain in the ass to us anyway.

Not sure if gusta or not.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

lol gamble will do it

Most ppl wont do 30 attempts on a boss in a week specially if the fight is long in nature.

High end guilds will do more then 30 simply because they will chain alt groups for a kill.

I've always been a fan of limited attempts as now we can see how many attempts it took a group to kill the boss for a world first instead of who could stay awake the longest. Now the question is ............if 1 guild kills the boss in 29 attempts inthe first week or another guild does it in 28 attempts over the course of 2 weeks who should be credited with the better kill ? Should we now praise the guild that does it in few attempts or the guild that does it using the full extent of their attempts each week ?

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    lol gamble will do it
    Funniest shit i've read all day and I fully agree with you After how shady TM has been. How many of there roster is on final warning for exploiting?

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fainflinn View Post
    Most ppl wont do 30 attempts on a boss in a week specially if the fight is long in nature.

High end guilds will do more then 30 simply because they will chain alt groups for a kill.

I've always been a fan of limited attempts as now we can see how many attempts it took a group to kill the boss for a world first instead of who could stay awake the longest. Now the question is ............if 1 guild kills the boss in 29 attempts inthe first week or another guild does it in 28 attempts over the course of 2 weeks who should be credited with the better kill ? Should we now praise the guild that does it in few attempts or the guild that does it using the full extent of their attempts each week ?
    If a guild kills the boss 29 attempts into Week 1 Everyone in the wow community will berate blizz. Not sure if your post was joking or what but you seem to not understand hardcore raiding. Not many "easy" bosses fall with less than 40-60 attempts let along a End boss. Most end bosses have taken 200-250+ attempts.

They can do this or they can make a boss which is so damned difficult it'll be declared undoable by most till tier X. Most will lose interest and yet again, complain about Blizzard fucking up.
    If they just make your average superhardcore boss, it'll be defeated just like the rest and won't be anything different from others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat! I like it when they do this every now and again.

Gonna make the world first race fun to watch.