View Poll Results: Should there be more gold from the act of pvping.

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    154 68.14%
  • No

    72 31.86%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    There is 0 durability loss from a pvp death. The only wear your equipment gets while pvping is combat durability (which is very small). Therefore you don't really need much gold to enjoy the activity. Raiding, however is very expensive during progression content. Lets not factor in flasks/pots/food and only focus on the durability aspect. One night of progression raiding can cost me 2-400 gold depending on how many attempts we get in. The same time spent pvping will cost me around 10 gold. Now if you want to factor in flasks/pots/food to the raid situation, thats an additional several hundred gold. That could easily be an 800 gold night for me.

    Now also factor in he potential for exploiting. A player on one faction can have his friends sign on to characters on the opposite faction simply to be killed over and over for gold. You know as well as I do, if there is potential to exploit in the game, there are many people who will do it. As nice as it might be to get extra gold from PvPing, its working just fine for what it needs to be. I've never had to quit PvPing because I didn't have sufficient gold to repair.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    There is 0 durability loss from a pvp death. The only wear your equipment gets while pvping is combat durability (which is very small). Therefore you don't really need much gold to enjoy the activity. Raiding, however is very expensive during progression content. Lets not factor in flasks/pots/food and only focus on the durability aspect. One night of progression raiding can cost me 2-400 gold depending on how many attempts we get in. The same time spent pvping will cost me around 10 gold. Now if you want to factor in flasks/pots/food to the raid situation, thats an additional several hundred gold. That could easily be an 800 gold night for me.
    Hello PvP hero. First of all, the durability loss simply through being infight and being hit is quite a lot. 10 gold for a day of PvPing just isn't going to cut it, it's a lot more than that. That being said, you completly ignore drop gold from trash and epics alongside BoE epics you get to sell later on. Just like you obstruct the fact that once everything is on farm you actually make a + with a decent group. In PvP there are no gold drops, in PvP there are no BoE items.

    Now also factor in he potential for exploiting. A player on one faction can have his friends sign on to characters on the opposite faction simply to be killed over and over for gold. You know as well as I do, if there is potential to exploit in the game, there are many people who will do it. As nice as it might be to get extra gold from PvPing, its working just fine for what it needs to be. I've never had to quit PvPing because I didn't have sufficient gold to repair.
    And you conveniently ignore what I am proposing, awarding gold only for won Arenas and RBG's. And yes you never had to quit PvP because you didn't have sufficient gold to repair, but it's not like you'd PvP a lot to begin with. You barely did any PvP whatsoever at any given point.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    10 gold for a day of PvPing just isn't going to cut it, it's a lot more than that. That being said, you completly ignore drop gold from trash and epics alongside BoE epics you get to sell later on. Just like you obstruct the fact that once everything is on farm you actually make a + with a decent group. In PvP there are no gold drops, in PvP there are no BoE items.
    That is why there is a difference between PVE and PVP. read my post at the bottom of page 2.
    Unless you are in a REEEEALLLY good guild or your guild provides everything for you, you don't start making gold from runs for a long time (due to flasks,pots, repairs as mentioned in previous posts).
    Also, loot the bodies of the dead, they give monies.
    There are plenty of ways to make gold from pvp, just be creative about it. duels? join a guild with guild repairs. AH (imo this is considered PvP because you are opposing other players to make a profit/outwit them or w/e). If you do not have the time to spend 20 minutes on the AH, you do not have the right to complain about gold because you do have 20 minutes. For example, instead of jumping around in SW or ORG waiting for queues, browse the AH..

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Hello PvP hero. First of all, the durability loss simply through being infight and being hit is quite a lot. 10 gold for a day of PvPing just isn't going to cut it, it's a lot more than that. That being said, you completly ignore drop gold from trash and epics alongside BoE epics you get to sell later on. Just like you obstruct the fact that once everything is on farm you actually make a + with a decent group. In PvP there are no gold drops, in PvP there are no BoE

    And you conveniently ignore what I am proposing, awarding gold only for won Arenas and RBG's. And yes you never had to quit PvP because you didn't have sufficient gold to repair, but it's not like you'd PvP a lot to begin with. You barely did any PvP whatsoever at any given point.
    Hi random person with a chip on your shoulder. At no point did I mention you or any of your suggestions in my post. The potential for exploit was responding to the original post in this very thread you're reading where you should be able to loot significant amounts of gold from both world pvp and bgs.

    Now as for your irrelevant attempted attack about how I don't pvp, I guess you looked at my armory? Did you read anything besides the incorrect honorable kill total it lists? Did you notice that I have the 25000 kill achievement even though thst toon doesn't have 25000 kills? Did you also notice that that toon has 346 completed battlegrounds? Between all my toons, I likely have a bit over 500 completed battlegrounds. Not much compared to some people here, but I enjoy some pvp. I was't talking about an entire day of pvping either. I was comparing a night of raiding to a night of pvping. About a 3 hour run. If you want to discuss your opinions of gold dropping in pvp, fine. That's what this thread is about. If you feel like you have to validate your point by trying to say I'm not allowed to have one, then you belittle your own argument.

  5. #45
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Which is mostly stuff most PvPers do not enjoy. Goob job ignoring the main point of this.
    I was answering the question and also pointing out that there are options.

    If you hate PvE that much that you can't carry out a few tasks that only take maybe an hour of your time, than I don't know what to tell you. You spent the 10-15 hours leveling up from 85-90 didn't you? Just look at it as a minor extension of that.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightsorrow12 View Post
    That is why there is a difference between PVE and PVP. read my post at the bottom of page 2.
    Unless you are in a REEEEALLLY good guild or your guild provides everything for you, you don't start making gold from runs for a long time (due to flasks,pots, repairs as mentioned in previous posts).
    Also, loot the bodies of the dead, they give monies.
    There are plenty of ways to make gold from pvp, just be creative about it. duels? join a guild with guild repairs. AH (imo this is considered PvP because you are opposing other players to make a profit/outwit them or w/e). If you do not have the time to spend 20 minutes on the AH, you do not have the right to complain about gold because you do have 20 minutes. For example, instead of jumping around in SW or ORG waiting for queues, browse the AH..
    Actually most decent guilds cover a lot of repairs at least for their progress raiders with everyone else generating said money through cash flow so the argument isn't getting any better.

    And looting dead people on battlegrounds was nerfed, quite severely. They only give a few copper now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Hi random person with a chip on your shoulder. At no point did I mention you or any of your suggestions in my post. The potential for exploit was responding to the original post in this very thread you're reading where you should be able to loot significant amounts of gold from both world pvp and bgs.

    Now as for your irrelevant attempted attack about how I don't pvp, I guess you looked at my armory? Did you read anything besides the incorrect honorable kill total it lists? Did you notice that I have the 25000 kill achievement even though thst toon doesn't have 25000 kills? Did you also notice that that toon has 346 completed battlegrounds? Between all my toons, I likely have a bit over 500 completed battlegrounds. Not much compared to some people here, but I enjoy some pvp. I was't talking about an entire day of pvping either. I was comparing a night of raiding to a night of pvping. About a 3 hour run. If you want to discuss your opinions of gold dropping in pvp, fine. That's what this thread is about. If you feel like you have to validate your point by trying to say I'm not allowed to have one, then you belittle your own argument.
    1. 25k HKs are a joke, so are 500 played battlegrounds overall. You obviously do not PvP aside from a tiny bit on the side. You sir are a PvE player with a tiny tendency towards casual PvP.

    2. The whole PvE costs so much money discussion is moot, because the vast majority of PvE actions generate gold instead of draining it. At the very beginning of a raid tier you might be losing some, fact is that most decent guilds cover the repair bills and other stuff at least partly through cash flow and guild repairs for raiders. On top of that both bosses and trash do drop gold and BoE items. So in the end even raiding turns out to be an overall "+".

    3. While the posters original idea might not have been the best, I really would love to hear a decent argument against gold being rewarded for won Arenas or RBG's. So far I heard not a single one. It doesn't even have to be a giant ammount, just somewhere akin to a dungeon completion bonus.

  7. #47
    Epic! shokter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alamo's basement
    Posts
    1,737
    I would absolutely say yes if not for the increased incentive this could add for bots in BGs. Voted No. As it is you can at least trade 400 honor for motes (seems like not much, but it adds up at least).
    "Brevity is...wit"

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Actually most decent guilds cover a lot of repairs at least for their progress raiders with everyone else generating said money through cash flow so the argument isn't getting any better.

    You commented on the PvE portion why PvE is more expensive and has gold drops. You also just supported why there shouldn't be a gold income for pvp (with the repairs statement, which was already in the comments). And Cashflow isn't that good if you have a few hundred people that all have X amount of repairs. Especially if you have Pvpers who don't contribute and just mooch off the repairs. So basically i'm confused on your position.

    I'll also add: Why do you even want more gold (what use, mounts, pets, xmog, just to say u have gold?)
    Last edited by Nightsorrow12; 2013-02-21 at 11:33 PM.

  9. #49
    Pandaren Monk Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Players going afk in RF still get loot, fail bag and gold for the que, so don't give me that poor reasoning.
    In my LFRs they are just kicked... I have seen a bunch of AFK tryhard in LFR, but not a single one made it to the last boss.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Give me a pvp daily, and not this pve dailys then.
    there is a pvp daily in 5.2 and i bet barely any pvpers will do it

  11. #51
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    69
    1. Some gold for Arena and RBG wins, sounds rly fine!
    2. A lil gold from winnning random BG (once a day?) is fine (At lvl 90 bots do much more gold within the same time of an average BG duration)
    3. This game gives a lot of things to do, I dont care about PvE anymore but I find it exciting sometimes to solo a hc 85 dung or BT or Onyxia, for some loot and just fun = a bit money
    4. You love PvP? Level enchanting, win BGs, buy malevolent epics next season, disenchant em, craft Dancing Steel or Jade's Spirit scrolls and sell em...not even 20 minutes on AH, much less (the only problem here is stupid rep with 2 factions you need for enchant formulas)
    5. Don't bash PvE here if you have no idea how expensive can it be...It is MUCH more expensive (raid loots and trash drops dont even nearly cover it) then 30-50 gold for repairs for a day (night) of PvP.
    6. Wanna get a PvP gear and get chants and gems for free? Oh, please...means you like food but don't like to work to buy it

  12. #52
    If all you ever do is PvP, why do you need gold?

  13. #53
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    If all you ever do is PvP, why do you need gold?
    That's a silly question, and one that's been answered several times, if you had bothered to use your eyes Enchants, cost gold, Gems, cost gold, Potions, cost gold, Flasks...yep, they cost gold too, oh and repairs, they also cost gold, or did you think that stuff just grew on enemy corpses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  14. #54
    Just disable durability loss in PvP - problem solved. It wouldn't increase the number of bots in battlegrounds and it would eliminate the main expanses of PvP. Those few enchants and gems you need every season are not a big deal and the motes you can buy from honor could cover it.

  15. #55
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    That's a silly question, and one that's been answered several times, if you had bothered to use your eyes Enchants, cost gold, Gems, cost gold, Potions, cost gold, Flasks...yep, they cost gold too, oh and repairs, they also cost gold, or did you think that stuff just grew on enemy corpses?
    Enchant - you dont need em new every month, right?
    Gems - on popular servers gems are extreme cheap right now, except for metas may be, even if at medium server you dont need these new every week
    Potions, flasks - you cant use those at ranked PvP (the only way to be a serious PvP-er imo), and you can play without these on regular BGs for sure, you cant't be reported for not having a flask or pots or buff food there Wanna be more effective on a BG with a flask? Yes, need to work a bit to be more effective, this game is based on this

  16. #56
    This isn't counter strike, it's an MMO-RPG, get out there and PLAY it and you will get your gold.

  17. #57
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    69
    Warcraft suggests you millions of ways to get gold, and the developers just want you to try some of them, you just dont know if you like it or not, if they just feed PvP-ers with gold and for a won BG and gems/chants honor rewards, that means almost 70% of the entire game content is useless for PvP community...that's their game and they have rights to engage you to see more of done - you dont' want to? - this forum thread will help you, yes!

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by meteoa View Post
    After reaching your conquest cap, make each rated pvp win give a small (say, 50ish for Arena and 100ish for RBG) gold bonus.

    Would have the side effect of increasing rated pvp participation as well by incentivizing playing beyond your cap.
    Um this but arena ad rbgs should receive the same amount. Not different amounts rbgs are easy.

  19. #59
    You don't lose durability when killed in pvp....

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Evida View Post
    Warcraft suggests you millions of ways to get gold, and the developers just want you to try some of them, you just dont know if you like it or not, if they just feed PvP-ers with gold and for a won BG and gems/chants honor rewards, that means almost 70% of the entire game content is useless for PvP community...that's their game and they have rights to engage you to see more of done - you dont' want to? - this forum thread will help you, yes!
    If all else fails just buy gold!!! Haha it's a quick fix for the player if they can afford it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •