Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pascher24 View Post
    Managed to solo him today, was close though. I pushed into the 2nd phase with about 5 horrors up and no dps on adds. Killed the small ghouls during the end of 2nd phase and transition. Was running with ef which kept me alive with np. He enraged at 13%, but i had all my cds left so the last 3% wernt an issue with insane vengance. used drums of rage in the 2nd transition, legendary cloak did about 8% of my dmg, meta gem 3%(which is actually a really big nerf).
    What does your gear look like? I'm sure soloing ICC 25 Heroic will come down to a gear barrier now. I'm trying to finish up my Shadowmourne, my prot set is 525, and I've been easily clearing all but Marrowgar, Gunship, Blood Queen (best attempt was 10% so I gave up trying b/c rng would dictate how long I could live w/o cooldowns through the enrage), and Dreamwalker.

But this week I haven't been able to clear a single boss on heroic. Lack of vengeance is contributing to all of the struggles. Most bosses I can get within 10-15% before enrage, other bosses I can no longer outheal the incomming damage.

I'm full dps gear in ilvl 530, though i m pretty sure i could have killed him before the enrage if i would have focused more.

Managed to solo him after patch, 20sec of enrage, 541ilvl with 4pc prot/dps cloak and gem/feather/spark, used drums of rage. Could have done it faster but killed ghouls too early.

Managed to solo him, 2 min away from enrage, 552 item level, ret gear, but hit and hard expertise cap, Heroic Feather/ Heroic TG Primordius trinket, used Drums of Rage, this is really doable, Drums of Rage helps A LOT, you can use it twice in the fight, so please keep that in mind, it will make it a lot easier when soloing him, the vengeance changes really made this a pain in the ass lol but still fun to do this.
    Last edited by mels; 2013-09-15 at 09:18 AM.

picked up a 561 weapon and one shot him this week like I have been for weeks now. Really seemed easier even with the vengeance nerf, probably because of the GC change. Didn't try the prolong p1 strat, just did the fight normally and sat in defile as per usual, used one drums right after the first frostmourne phase.

Doesn't seem any harder than 5.3 which is good news.

So this will be impossible for the lesser geared paladins? I'm barely hitting 510 ilvl and i wanted to do this, but looks like the nerfs slapped right onto my face.

Quote Originally Posted by chocozorro View Post
    So this will be impossible for the lesser geared paladins? I'm barely hitting 510 ilvl and i wanted to do this, but looks like the nerfs slapped right onto my face.
    Welcome to the world of most specs I'm annoyed too and have not gone back and tried it but in all honesty most people require 540+ gear to kill it, so I don't see any reason for complaining whatsoever.

I believe past 550 gear Ret will do the job faster and most likely easier but I need to test that theory, so since I am a healer mainspec (if you have followed me), and I am pretty much last in line this tier for any 550 gear for either offspec, I probably will need some time before I get to that

Yeah I'd agree that Ret is certainly a viable choice now that Prot's damage output is so low. Look forward to hearing of paladins willing to attempt it.

Had been beating the enrage rather easily. 3 and a half to 4 minutes left on it. Solo'd it today for the first time since patch and it took me 8 seconds past enrage and I was using the new "bloodlust drums". Still doable but MUCH harder.

Does anyone know if he is still soloable with lvl 80/85?

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Bafflin View Post
    Does anyone know if he is still soloable with lvl 80/85?
    No, but perhaps an 85 Sun-lute DK would be able to do it (and even if that is that is possible you might as well just make a 90 instead).

Damnit, I geared my paladin to solo this before 5.4. Now I need 540+ ilevel?

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Most likely.

When i enter frostmourne, after some time i am suddenly 1 shotted. anyone know why? doesnt appear in logs
    That guy (>'.')>

How i would rate WoW Cinematics : WotLK>MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    When i enter frostmourne, after some time i am suddenly 1 shotted. anyone know why? doesnt appear in logs
    Do you still have ghouls up? (and this has only been mentioned at least a dozen times in this thread...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    It's the ghouls, make sure you kill them before Frostmourne phases start.

I found that using the DPS legendary cloak is very useful on this to just passive cleave down adds to waste less globals getting them down in time. I still had GC procs steady through p1 and p2 but the cloak took the ghouls down passively (it probably killed the first wave/2 off by the time I was in 2nd transition but I dont think it affected GC procs much if at all). Not a huge gain, but I'm sure it saved me a few globals that I was able to put into LK.

I was one of those paladins using the burn strat in 5.3, so I never tried doing it the normal way. I've just attempted this for the first couple times post 5.4 and I get WRECKED in p3 - I can maybe survive through a couple frostmourne phases, but the soul shriek combined with everything else just overwhelms me. I'm using all dps gear (as my main spec is ret) with a 530 shield/mh and 522 prot helm, overall ilvl 543.

I do fine until a couple minutes into p3. I probably have 5 mins or so left after the 2nd transition.

I will mention that the last time I played prot for 'real' was in LK, so it's very possible I could just be super rusty and bad at the spec now.

Anyone who has done this post 5.4 have any tips that I may have misssed/could be doing better?

Edit: logged out in the gear I'm attempting this with.

Edit 2: I think I could be killing the ghouls too early.
    Last edited by Light; 2013-09-19 at 04:53 AM.

I've got 2 questions a search can't seem to get me an answer to:

Can you still clear all of icc on 10 man and put it on 25 hc for just lich king? I don't seem to be able to find this information with a search.
    Can you enter with a save with just using your own alts, or do you need a friend to help on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Hey, at least for sure you will have an excellent Cata raid soloing (and potentially continuing to solo older MOP raids as we get more gear) character!