Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    That's up to them.

I haven't seen someone not communicating in English in quite some time, and whenever it has happened, the other players usually agree. But that doesn't say whether the majority does or not, the important part is that I got to voice my opinion (voting punish on said players), if the rest doesn't agree with me, then that's cool. Each to their own.

And yes, the Tribunal is all about preference -- Riot #1 rule: Don't be a jerk. Jerk is subjective, I find someone speaking in another language when you're around people from different countries (in-game, obviously), refusing to speak the most common international language, a jerk. Same goes for going into chat-rooms and speaking your own language (given the chatroom isn't made specific for, say, spanish people).

Oh, and insults aren't necessary (and quite frankly pretty pathetic).
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-02-27 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To all the people above, this is like if I went on the Brazilian servers (knowing damn well I do not speak portugese), and speaking english to the people there. Then hoping they (to the brazilian tribunal) don't agree to ban me because they do not understand.

If I go on the Brazilian server, I better know portugese. If you go on the NA server, you better know english or enough english so that you can communicate and not force other people to speak a language other than english.
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2013-03-01 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    To all the people above, this is like if I went on the Brazilian servers (knowing damn well I do not speak portugese), and speaking english to the people there. Then hoping they (to the brazilian tribunal) don't agree to ban me because they do not understand.

If I go on the Brazilian server, I better know portugese. If you go on the NA server, you better know english or enough english so that you can communicate and not force other people to speak a language other than english.
    Was there an alternative when people started? No. Is there an alternative for SPANISH-speaking members of America? South America is largely focused on Spanish, yet Riot added a Portuguese-language server. A large number of Americans speak Spanish (see: Mexican immigrants). Similarly, is there a French-server for those poor Canadians who only speak French (assuming it's not a large part of its population, but don't have enough factual knowledge here).

Deleted
    I use to talk foreign languajes while playing with my friends and joking around, but always talk in english when game related topics come across. Other times we just talk in english while ingame.

Most of gameplay keywords are english and have no simple translation to our languaje, so we do just fine. Hope no one took that in the wrong way.

Cheers

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 12:40 PM ----------

Btw, most of my friends learnt english because of 'The League' as I did myself before with other games.
    So plz do not be rude with foreigners.
    They just try to do their best.

Deleted
    Pings are an extremely useful, barrier-crossing way of communication, even more so with the new pings in the latest patch.

People who REFUSE to use those pings, and keep giggling in their own language are just asking for it.