Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is an action game based on the Metal Gear universe. The story will focus on the cyborg ninja, Raiden, in a fight against a private military company known as Desperado Enterprises.

Developer: Platinum Games
    Publisher: Konami
    Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360

Release Dates:
    NA: February 19th
    JP/AU: February 21st (NOTE: Only the PS3 version is being released in Japan)
    EU: February 22nd

First of all: This is an spin-off game, is not part of the SOLID titles but the story is canon, yep, this game is 100% canon. No matter how much you deny it or insist otherwise, this game is a permanent part of the Metal Gear timeline.

Story

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance takes place four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Former child soldier-turned-spy-turned-cyborg ninja Raiden is forced into working for various Private Military Corps (or PMCs) both to support his family and to quell his inner bloodlust that developed as a result of his harrowing past.

Our story begins in the African nation of Abkhazia, where Raiden has been assigned to protect the Prime Minister, a man by the name of N'Mani. Things go awry however when a rival PMC group attacks their convoy, kills N'Mani, and cripples Raiden. After receiving an upgraded and updated cyborg body, Raiden swears revengeance on his assailants and heads back to Abkhazia to finish what he started.

Pre-Order Bonuses

EB Games/GameStop: Gray Fox skin (note: included in all European retail copies), Fox Blade and art book

Best Buy: White Armor (can store more healing items)

Amazon/GAME: Inferno Armor (can store more grenades) and t-shirt

Wal-Mart: Instrumental OST

Videos

Last edited by Sargerus; 2013-02-17 at 10:11 AM.

I played this at PAX Prime 2012 and it was a damn good time. I loved the whole "slice dudes wherever" mechanic from Afro Samurai and seeing it reworked into one of my favorite franchises has me wishing I had purchased a console recently.

Yea, Platinum said that a PC version would be considered if there is demand to it, but only after consoles version launches

getting this game day 1 cant wait
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

I cannot wait to pick up this game and play as Gray Fox as well as MGS4 Raiden, which was a nice dlc option imo. The one thing I've been really curious about is if white blood will just be an option since in some trailers the enemies and Raiden bled white and not red just like he did in MGS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    I cannot wait to pick up this game and play as Gray Fox as well as MGS4 Raiden, which was a nice dlc option imo. The one thing I've been really curious about is if white blood will just be an option since in some trailers the enemies and Raiden bled white and not red just like he did in MGS4.
    White blood only in japan, other versions get red blood, and it cannot be changed in-game

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    White blood only in japan, other versions get red blood, and it cannot be changed in-game

I am so sad right now......................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    The rest of the world isn't able to cope with cyborgs.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I would give it 2 points below Bayonetta, take your pick of review source.

The whole time playing it, I kept eyeing my copy of Bayonetta, and thinking "Man, I wish this game was like B".

Still a legit hack n slash game, but a lot of the MGS elements they plugged into it end up dragging the game's pacing down quite a bit.

Deleted
    I was hyped to play this game but it was made too unrealistic looking for me, a lot of people will love that but I much preferred the look and style of it before it was changed. I think they should made it look more like MGS4.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still can't get over the fact that it has the word "Revengeance" in the title.

revengeance? Lol
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

my copy only arrives on friday FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried the demo and didnt really enjoy the combat, didnt finish it. After reading a couple of reviews though it sounds like was just doing it wrong. Hoping for a pc release, if not il just borrow it off a friend if they get it.

Ended up playing the demo myself, it didn't seem like a bad game. Gameplay was pretty fun though a bit odd to get the hang of. I'll probably wait a while for videos to pop up that show what the game will be like in the long run.

It's a shame that so many people hate it already because they are "ruining" the MGS series, when this is just a spin off and nothing more. Revengence is a bit stupid of a title too but meh. The only other thing about it I've found strange was the need for Raiden's eyepatch thing... I get that they're probably going for a callback to the MGS games but... Seeing as how the dude is practically 80% robot, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to get a replacement eye.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Ended up playing the demo myself, it didn't seem like a bad game. Gameplay was pretty fun though a bit odd to get the hang of. I'll probably wait a while for videos to pop up that show what the game will be like in the long run.

It's a shame that so many people hate it already because they are "ruining" the MGS series, when this is just a spin off and nothing more. Revengence is a bit stupid of a title too but meh. The only other thing about it I've found strange was the need for Raiden's eyepatch thing... I get that they're probably going for a callback to the MGS games but... Seeing as how the dude is practically 80% robot, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to get a replacement eye.
    The eye thing is supposed to be a reminder of what Sam did to him

Launch trailer edited by Kojima

15+ Year Old Account
    This game is absolutely amazing love the combat system compared to other metal gear games Raiden went from a joke to a bad ass and when you finally see the return of "jack the Ripper" it was awesome

amazing game! Combat system is by far the best combat system in any "slasher" game period! The boss battles have thus far felt pretty damn epic. Cinematics are kinda long but HEY! They aren't filled with super tacky 1 liners as if you were watching an Stallone 80s movie in CGI lol.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.