Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    i would say ours is good, but with the whole horse meat scandal on right now i cant say it is. though from travelling to a few different countries i dont think where the meat comes from makes much difference, more how its cooked to be honest. the whole horse meat thing hasnt really affected me in UK, i buy 90% of my meat from butchers that get all the meat locally anyway, i find buying meat at the butchers is a lot better cuts than the supermarkets, its also usually fresher.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Meat in the UK is great (when not miss labled and you get horse)
    saying that I get all my meat from a butcher who has ties to a local farm so all of it is extremely fresh. all cut to how I like it, and he gives some great tips on how to cook it best.
    thats why i prefer local butchers, he knows the types of cuts i like by now and often makes sugestions on what bits he thinks i would like and then how to prepar/cook it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Citykid View Post
    So i was browsing FB and i came across a discussion about swedish meet

Personly i think this is a load of BS
    A lot of things that can be found on facebook is BS

Meat is good here I guess, I've never gotten worms and I've never found maggots, so thats good I think
    Also, cattle tastes suspiciously like horse ...
    (this must be the 1000th time someone made a horsemeat joke in this thread )

It's okay-ish, if you buy it in a big grocery store (in the U.S.). However, I prefer buying from people I know, to ensure quality and lack of extra hormones. FDA approval means nothing to me.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to try meat from all over the world and see.

I know that livestock that graze naturally will take on the flavors of what they eat. As in, lamb from a certain area that eat a certain diet taste different than the same lamb in another area.

It is also proven that the way that animals are raised determines their quality of meat. So of course it matters where you get your meat.

A whole lot of the beef that we get in the US was actually raised in Mexico. Land can be the main limiting factor over in Europe I imagine, just like most industries there.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I don't necessarily believe that. If someone flexes a muscle right before it becomes severed, the tightness in the muscle obviously retracts immediately.
    Why argue here when you can just look this up and cure your ignorance? http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=...t=0,1&as_vis=1
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    I only eat Alberta beef. I have had other beef while I was in the states or in other provinces in Canada and nothing comes close to the quality stuff you get here in Alberta. I actually have a nice rib eye marinating in the fridge to BBQ tonight, I can't wait
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Meat in the US is quite tasty. Never had any problems with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meat here in NZ is yum but we get the 2nds as our export meat is way better, only problem we have is our dairy industry is damn expensive for a country that has more sheep and cattle then people, we have to pay through the nose too eat it.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!