1. #1

    Does anyone have a guide on 150 mounts?

    currently at 65 mounts not having tried to do so. But i'd like that Kite so any thoughts?guides?

  2. #2
    Step 1. Get 150 mounts.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 11:12 AM ----------

    But seriously, just go through here: http://www.wowhead.com/items=15.5.1 and here: http://www.wowhead.com/items=15.5.2, go to the filters and make your way to source, then change it to whatever you think is easiest to get. After that, get those easy ones, then make a list of the harder to get ones that will require some effort.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  3. #3
    In case you are just interested in just a kite, and not specifically the Jade one, you could get exalted with all the Pandaria reputations, you'll get a red(horde) or blue(alliance) one then.

  4. #4
    I started seriously collecting mounts back in cata, so I can tell you what I did, at least what I can remember. Factions that have vendor mounts at some reputation level are typically the best to go for since they often have a handful of mounts available.

    - All of the alliance/horde main city factions (stormwind/orgrimmar/darnassus/etc.) have half a dozen mounts or so once you hit exalted.
    - Kurenai, Shatari Skyguard, Netherwing all have a bunch of mounts available at exalted. Relatively cheap too considering the amount of gold players have now.
    - Argent Tourney mounts take a while to farm enough seals to buy, but you'll only put in about 15 minutes a day for them unless you run 5-man ToC as well.
    - PvP vendors in SW/Org have 6(?) mounts available for honor points as well as a few from other vendors such as the Alterac Valley and Wintergrasp Quartermasters

    After that, you'll get most mounst 1 at a time. My suggestion is to go for any that are a 'sure thing' first such as the timed runs of Culling of Sratholme or Zul'Aman or 3-drakes OS. FYI, most of that content, even pre-cata raids can be soloed by most classes pretty easily now. Lots of factions have only a single mount available at exalted, so go for those later after you do the factions that give multiple mounts. Raid and PvP acheivements, especially for old content raids are a good place to look if you don't mind putting the time in. Depending on your server, ICC and Ulduar achieve runs might be easy to find, as well as cata raid content.


    When it really comes down to it though, you should just pick one at a time and work on it so you don't burn out on farming all the possible rep and achieves, because it really does take quite a while to get 150.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    698
    Download the addon called "Atlas loot"
    Shows all faction rewards, dungeon drop and world drop mounts.

    Shows as a little treasure chest on minimap once the add on is installed.

    Best of luck on your 150 mount farm.

    Bonus is that it shows tier and gear loot for every raid and dungeon as well and other vanity items.
    Always have it installed. Even if my UI is broken
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2013-02-13 at 07:07 PM.

  6. #6
    Look up your char on armory, go into pets & mounts tab, go into advanced options under mounts, and then start exploring what you can get from where.

  7. #7
    Faction vendors: get exalted with your home factions get all their mounts pretty self explanatory really.
    Outland: get exalted with Kurenai, sky guard. netherwing and there is one for cenarion expedition(easiest way to do this is in bored tundra with the nessingwray lacky ears).
    Northrend: wyrmrest accord, son of hodir(requires a bit of a quest chain in storm peaks.) and mei francs(sp) in dalaran. Cheeky bone gryphon in ice crown if your a dk. A ton of mounts from argent tournament. Oracles has one from a 'stupid annoying never gonna give you in 3 years of trying' egg available at honoured. Also a polar bear available in storm peaks from a daily. And there is ofc the time lost proto drake.
    Cata: 2 camels from tolvir. Couple more from tol barad I'd do this now as its probably sill used.
    Dungeons/raids:
    Stratholm.
    Raven lord from (derp dont remember) hc
    Mgt hc chicken
    Ashes from tempest keep.
    Blue proto from UP hc
    bronze drake from cot hc timed run
    Mimirons head from uld yogg+0(gl with that)
    Onyxian drake from onyxia(see brackets above)
    Invincible from lk icc 25 hc, (see brackets above). One also available from the legendary quest.
    stone core and vortex pinnacle norm have drakes from their respective drake bosses both norm and hc.
    Al'akir hc only(?) has a drake.
    Ragnaros in fl has a fire hawk. Low chance on norm 100% on hc.
    Dw has a 100% drop on heroic mount an a chance at another mount in both difficulties.
    Cheevs/metas
    Lk dungeon Glory
    Sarth +3d 10 and 25 man 1 from each
    Uld 10 and 25 glory 1 drake each.
    Icc 10 and 25 glory. 1 drake each.
    Cata dungeon glory
    Cata raid glory.
    Fl raid glory
    DS raid glory
    For the insert faction
    Real money:
    3 from bliz store.
    1 from recruit a friend
    1 from scroll of resurrection.
    1 from collectors wow mop.
    1 from year long contract with wow.
    I have probably missed a few so feel free to correct me.
    Edit:
    what a long strange trip it's been
    Valentines event
    2 from brewfest
    1 from Halloween event
    2 from dmf
    Aoenaxx in deepholm
    Time lost camel in uldum
    Posidus and the quest seahorse in vasj
    4 bugs from aq 40(there is a great way to farm red one.)
    2 from archeology
    3 carpets from tailoring(required profession at correct skill to use, but counts towards your total)
    2 from engineering(see above)
    1 motorbike bike from engineering
    Vial from alchemy
    Last but not least tcg.
    Second edit:
    Winterspring tiger or ungoro raptor
    Azure an blue drake from malygos 10 and 25 man.
    Panther from panther boss in the new zg.
    Raptor from raptor boss in zg.
    Amani bear from timed za run.
    That's it I sware.
    Fourth edit
    5 pvp mounts buyable for honor points from SW/ORG
    1 mount alterac valley
    Fith Edit
    2 Available from pvp defending halaa in nagrand
    I wrote this on a thread on reddit. 5 months ago so it dosen't include any mop mounts. But there should be enough on there to get you to 150. http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...arming_guides/

    There are also a few I missed but didn't add because I hit the edit limit on reddit.

  8. #8
    Also on your list the mounts from rag/DW are no longer 100% drop on heroic.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Also on your list the mounts from rag/DW are no longer 100% drop on heroic.
    Indeed, i've added a line in.

  10. #10
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    15,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostful View Post
    currently at 65 mounts not having tried to do so. But i'd like that Kite so any thoughts?guides?
    Start with your home factions.... Since it's account wide now. You don't have to be exalted with them anymore on one toon. Every race you have can buy all these mounts of their race faction..
    That's over 30 mounts right there.

    Plus...... Google helps...... guide to wow mounts entered there, and you get heaps of info and guides.
    Collecting 150 mounts is a joke nowadays. People are asking for 200 mounts achievement, since they are already way past 150.

  11. #11
    High Overlord Dsfunctional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    I started seriously collecting mounts back in cata, so I can tell you what I did, at least what I can remember. Factions that have vendor mounts at some reputation level are typically the best to go for since they often have a handful of mounts available.

    - All of the alliance/horde main city factions (stormwind/orgrimmar/darnassus/etc.) have half a dozen mounts or so once you hit exalted.
    - Kurenai, Shatari Skyguard, Netherwing all have a bunch of mounts available at exalted. Relatively cheap too considering the amount of gold players have now.
    - Argent Tourney mounts take a while to farm enough seals to buy, but you'll only put in about 15 minutes a day for them unless you run 5-man ToC as well.
    - PvP vendors in SW/Org have 6(?) mounts available for honor points as well as a few from other vendors such as the Alterac Valley and Wintergrasp Quartermasters

    After that, you'll get most mounst 1 at a time. My suggestion is to go for any that are a 'sure thing' first such as the timed runs of Culling of Sratholme or Zul'Aman or 3-drakes OS. FYI, most of that content, even pre-cata raids can be soloed by most classes pretty easily now. Lots of factions have only a single mount available at exalted, so go for those later after you do the factions that give multiple mounts. Raid and PvP acheivements, especially for old content raids are a good place to look if you don't mind putting the time in. Depending on your server, ICC and Ulduar achieve runs might be easy to find, as well as cata raid content.


    When it really comes down to it though, you should just pick one at a time and work on it so you don't burn out on farming all the possible rep and achieves, because it really does take quite a while to get 150.
    Another easy faction with multiple mounts is my farming Kurenai (Alliance) / Mag'har (Horde) rep to exalted by obtaining Obsidian Warbeads, and there are also a few quests in Nagrand which will give you additonal rep - this will net you 8 mounts in total and is increadibly easy to do. I have done it on two characters now. Once back in BC, which took a while. I did a second character back in Cata (before they announced account-wide mounts) and I hammered it out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •