Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    One you can level one dude to godlike levels so counters don't matter. That's usually what happens when I play pokemon. My starter will be around level 70-80, and the people I fight are about 50. My other pokemon also range from 40-50 because they are either legendaries or I caught them on victory road.
    The only bad thing about catching Pokémon at those levels is that they won't have those hidden stat-things you get when you beat others (EV/IV/wat), so they will have crap stats in comparison, not to mention they might have missed some useful abilities due to new ones overwriting them.

It's just personal preference though. I like to get a full team early and getting better stats on them as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Well, I usually stick to like 10 favourite characters, now more or less everyone but Vaike have been allowed to fight. (I hate Fighters with a passion unless it's Nolan)
    Zelgius also seems to dislike fighters. I don't get it. I use Vaike vs. lance-people, especially armored ones since I got a Hammer early.

On the other hand, I always have trouble with frail melee dudes, like Thieves, Myrmidions and Pegasus Knights.

I've actually not had that with Sumia so far, but I'm considering dropping Lon'qu and Gaius, even though Lon'qu just crits everything and Gaius is the only one who can open chests without keys atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    The only bad thing about catching Pokémon at those levels is that they won't have those hidden stat-things you get when you beat others (EV/IV/wat), so they will have crap stats in comparison, not to mention they might have missed some useful abilities due to new ones overwriting them.

It's just personal preference though. I like to get a full team early and getting better stats on them as soon as possible.
    I'm lazy and I don't bother with EV training. I also usually spam dragon types because the Elite 4 never use Ice, and Dragon is OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lazy and I don't bother with EV training. I also usually spam dragon types because the Elite 4 never use Ice, and Dragon is OP.
    Especially this one.
    Hey everyone

I don't focus on EV training when playing through the regular game either; but if you don't have any training on your team, usually the Elite Four will kick your ass. But I guess if you train one dude to be severely over-leveled, then they're not that hard. :X

I like having a varied team that covers a lot of different types. I usually don't get any Dragon Pokémon, 'cause I don't like their looks, and I don't use legendaries either, because you can't use them for tournament-thingies that usually pop up after Elite Four.

That's just me though. I don't like making the game too easy. They even added an Easy Mode for the new one, ironically AFTER beating the Elite Four.

Deleted
    EV training is borderline impossible during the main game anyway. You will either be underlevelled because you aren't defeating any 'mons because they don't give desirable EVs or you'll go insane after defeating your 252nd Bidoof.

And well, I like variation, though I'm leaning towards the Dragons. I think most of them are pretty cool! :<

Yeah, you would have to be mad to try to EV train before even defeating the Elite Four. I mean just getting EV in general. Some EV is better than no EV.

Also, the ONLY single-type Pokémon I usually get is Alakazam, because he's my favorite Pokémon, and he also has insane Special Attack and Speed, which suits my style of hitting hard and fast just fine.

Deleted
    Alakazam was broken as hell in the earlier generations

I recently picked up Yellow again to level up 'mons for my friend's Pokémon Stadium game on N64.

Sure, Alakazam is fast and hits ridiculously hard, but one hit from a physical attack and he falls over instantly.

However, Gengar is just as fast and strong, AND no one can touch him besides Psychic Pokémon. But, he doesn't take as much damage due to his high Special. (Remember, Sp. Atk and Sp. Def are one stat in the first ones.)

Also I thought Ghost was super-effective on Psychic, but apparently, Ghost has no effect on Psychic in the first games. Glad they fixed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really saw the point of EV training during the main game. The elite four is pretty easy to beat as long as you are at comparable levels, and even if you're not, just as long as you have a decent team.

Though if you are doing the battle tower or whatever it's called now EV training is pretty much mandatory cause they are scumbags and throw legendaries at you.

Simulators are best great for playing against other people though since you can click a few buttons and scroll a few wheels and suddenly have a pokemon with maxed EVs, moves that you would have to breed into it, and perfect IVs.

New LoL patch is probably this week.

Yep.

Deleted
    Go 14-6-5 Jayce in Ranked...
    Vi dies to Amumu in a level 4 fight head on.
    Mid Tristana feeds the Xerath first blood and keeps dying.
    Sona and Caitlyn lose to Soraka and Varus.
    Amumu and Kennen blowing both ults on me and still winning the teamfight because the only threat in the game was practically deleted.

Fun times.

I moved my account to EU so add me its Mapathy

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

My thread finally got red replies. They are going to buff Shyvana.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3343593

Deleted
    Such racy pictures!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    My thread finally got red replies. They are going to buff Shyvana.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3343593
    wow, they responded to you and axe, that's pretty cool.

We all know it was because of the picture though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    wow, they responded to you and axe, that's pretty cool.

We all know it was because of the picture though.
    Yeah they responded and pretty much ignored what they said...

shamfur disprey

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Who's that on your sig/ava, Muz?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Who's that on your sig/ava, Muz?
    Henry from Fire Emblem: Awakening

Deleted
    Why does he have white/grey hair?