10+ Year Old Account
    Stayed up till 2am, slept in till 1. That's how you do it.
    I am going to procrastinate this entire weekend and never finish this essay I have to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    Stayed up till 2am, slept in till 1. That's how you do it.
    I am going to procrastinate this entire weekend and never finish this essay I have to do.
    I woke up at 10 AM Yesterday, and I haven't gone to sleep since then lol. (Almost 36 hours now I think?) That's how you don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Doesn't seem like that many tbh. :p

Assuming each episode is around 17 mins or so.
    Did the math, 10.1 days of 24 hours to actually watch One Piece.
    Not that much.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-02-23 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my record for staying up is only 24-28 hours, haven't ever gone past that(or needed to really).
    I'm horrible at trying to make myself stay up when I need to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Average is more around 21 minutes than 17. Sometimes that's without the OP too
    I counted 25 minutes, OP + ED + Preview.

Deleted
    I just skip the openings and endings unless the songs are particularly amazing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    I skip everything except the first time, even that.... :3

I'm thinking of starting to watch Fate/Zero.

What kind of anime is it?

Deleted
    I usually do the same, but I took the maximum amount of time needed, so if you're rushing it, it will take less time obviousleesin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I'm thinking of starting to watch Fate/Zero.

What kind of anime is it?
    7 Mages fight over the "Holy Grail", this is called the "Holy Grail War", these 7 mages may each have one or more servants: (Archer, Saber, Lancer, Berserker, Caster, Rider and Assassin). The story focuses on the main character Kiritsugu Emiya who wishes to end all war in the universe, by obtaining the "Holy Grail" and getting it's wish. He gets to have the servant "Saber". Story involves the 7 mages fighting/killing eachother, with known heroes/villains from history as the servants in their quest to obtain a wish from the grail. With neccesary plottwists and stuff.
    In a nutshell. (Genres are Fantasy/Magic/Supernatural/Thriller/Action).
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-02-24 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Fate/Zero

Deleted
    A fairly mature and dark anime with plenty of tragedy. Lots of doom and gloom where cynicism reigns and stuff.

The premise is more or less that it's time for the fourth Holy Grail War, a war where seven mages summon a Servant each to do some fighting. Whichever magus and Servant is the last one standing after the fighting will have their wishes granted. Naturally, all is not as it seems and nearly all of the participants are amoral nutjobs that you really don't want running around freely, but who am I to judge?

But yes, it's a worthwhile watch if you enjoy dark and grim tragedies. Plenty of fighting as well, but that's not really the main focus of the anime.
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-02-24 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    But yes, it's a worthwhile watch if you enjoy dark and grim tragedies.
    I wasn't expecting it to be, that's why I enjoyed it, even though I didn't think it was that dark or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    I usually do the same, but I took the maximum amount of time needed, so if you're rushing it, it will take less time obviousleesin.

7 Mages fight over the "Holy Grail", this is called the "Holy Grail War", these 7 mages may each have one or more servants: (Archer, Saber, Lancer, Berserker, Caster, Rider and Assassin). The story focuses on the main character Kiritsugu Emiya who wishes to end all war in the universe, by obtaining the "Holy Grail" and getting it's wish. He gets to have the servant "Saber". Story involves the 7 mages fighting/killing eachother, with known heroes/villains from history as the servants in their quest to obtain a wish from the grail. With neccesary plottwists and stuff.
    In a nutshell. (Genres are Fantasy/Magic/Supernatural/Thriller/Action).
    I saw there was a series that was going on before this one. Fate / Stay night I think. Should I be watching that before I watch Fate / Zero or is that not necessary?

Deleted
    Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay night, so despite the fact that it was released later, it's arguably better to watch Fate/Zero first so you won't spoil the ending for yourself so quickly.

I saw there was a series that was going on before this one. Fate / Stay night I think. Should I be watching that before I watch Fate / Zero or is that not necessary?
    Fate/stay night came first and focuses on the 5th holy grail war, the VN is better then the anime.

Fate/Zero is a prequel and a much better anime.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    If you want to watch both, watch Stay Night first. I told the same to Grading before, if you watch SN after Zero, you'll be dissapointed that it's worse :/

If you just feel like watching Fate/Zero though, I suggest just watching that. (I started with F/SN first, then watched F/Z).

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Fate/stay night came first and focuses on the 5th holy grail war, the VN is better then the anime.

Fate/Zero is a prequel and a much better anime.
    The VN? :|

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    If you want to watch both, watch Stay Night first. I told the same to Grading before, if you watch SN after Zero, you'll be dissapointed that it's worse :/

If you just feel like watching Fate/Zero though, I suggest just watching that. (I started with F/SN first, then watched F/Z).
    Yeah ok, but would it be a big difference if I didn't watch Stay Night? If not, then I'll just watch Zero.

Deleted
    Visual novel.

Deleted
    VN stands for Visual novel. or the original works more or less. The anime is an adaption of it. :x

And well, while Fate/Stay night is worse as an anime, I still feel that it kind of sucks that if you watch it first, you'll already know how Fate/Zero will more or less end. Up to you, though.

I'll just start watching Fate / Zero then! Thanks for the help. ♥

Deleted

Yeah ok, but would it be a big difference if I didn't watch Stay Night? If not, then I'll just watch Zero.
    Nah, Stay Night is just what happens after Zero. It's kind of contradictory because chronologically you should watch it first, but if you watch it first, you'll be dissapointed that Stay Night isn't as good. I'd say just watch Zero as a standalone series.

On an other unrelated note for the other more known anime fans: I was watching Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica where Mami just got her head chomped off by a Jack-in-the-Box Witch or wtf it was. And I kinda realised I probably shouldn't be watching this as the last show before I go to bed. ^^ And now I have no other new anime episodes to watch before I go, argh.

Deleted
    Fate/Zero and Puella Magi Madoka Magica have the same lead writer (Gen Urobuchi), so cutesy girls suffering grisly fates shouldn't be too surprising. And yes, might be unwise to watch that kind of stuff before bedtime!