Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    I can say without a doubt that as a Holy Paladin I am not nearly as powerful as at the end of Cataclysm in relation to other players/classes. I am much more affected by CC's and I have fewer instant heals to throw in between CC's and I can get burst down faster now. I am locked down longer and can't wait out the CC chains like I once could.
    On the public test realm or live holy paladins are the best healer in 3v3 atm with the high amount of kfc's.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's entirely concievable that PvP may never be 'balanced' while the game lasts, because whatever people say it is in fact a PvE game with PvP as an afterthought.

The critical issue is this; Blizzard refuses to delineate the PvP and PvE aspects of the game enough to enable them to balance one without upsetting the other. Their reasoning is that 'they don't want to have to have people learn a new rotation/spec/whatever just for PvP' - reasoning I find very specious. As we saw with how Exorcism and to a lesser extent Deep Freeze used to be, they are more than capable of making spells vary between PvP and PvE. Aside from that, there are a few things they can do:

- Use the Challenge Mode stat scaling technology to bring all player stats to a certain level. PvP gear becomes statless vanity items.
    - Bring baseline resistance to player damage up to a flat percentage, eliminate Resilience and PvP power. This, in combination with the above, removes the gear disparity.
    - Make Every Man for Himself a baseline ability for all races, perhaps lowering the cooldown to 45 seconds.
    - Reduce the effectiveness of instant cast spells and abilities, forcing casters to actually cast again during PvP.
    - Put a cast time on AoE CC.
    All your idea, would make lot of sense and could bring better balance, won't happen ever. Too big, ground breaking changes
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*