Poll: Which reptilian race would you like to see become playable?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Saurok were retconned out of importance somewhere between Wandering Isle and Pandaria.
    Huh? Nearly all of the saurok lore comes straight from Pandaria. On the Wandering Isle they barely got any mention outside of the few quests they appeared in near the end.

lol@ people thinking naga are "fish." They are humanoid serpents capable of living both above water and underwater. You can research this if you disagree, but it's pretty obvious.

My vote is for Drakonid. One of my favorite races since vanilla running BRS/BWL.

Would much rather have Saurok and Dragonkin over naga any day. Though saurok would be better than dragonkin. They both are cool races but I would rather have a new race.

The Raptors in Northern Barrens
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=14067
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    We need those lizards who can shed their tales, which would be working like mirror images. Oh and they must be able to squirt blood from their eyes and walk on water.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum bucket View Post
    Aren't Naga fish and not reptiles?
    The word naga literally means "snake", so that's the animal they are based on (just as saurok means lizard and jinyu means goldfish). They are definitely reptiles.

Even though Blizzard does not pay too much attention to the languages they borrow from (otherwise they'd call a female naga "nagi"), I doubt they'd name a race "snake" if it's supposed to be a fish.

i chose naga. was kind of a hard choice but i think the naga storyline has the most potential

plus it means we could get these bad boys! SNAP DRAGON MOUNTS @_@ '

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I must say that worgen skeleton/animations suits 9000 times better for sauroks than worgens themselves. So remake worgens completely and introduce sauroks for those who have a thing for scales! (ugh)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i chose naga. was kind of a hard choice but i think the naga storyline has the most potential

plus it means we could get these bad boys! SNAP DRAGON MOUNTS @_@ '

I never understood why we've never seen Snap Dragons or Qoutls in the game when we were fighting Naga honestly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Huh? Nearly all of the saurok lore comes straight from Pandaria. On the Wandering Isle they barely got any mention outside of the few quests they appeared in near the end.
    And on the Wandering Isle, the modei is certainly used but that particular enemy is used more similarly to a Lovecraftian Deep One than an actual saurok.

That said, I voted for the Dragonspawn, especially if we're talking about the big bipel ones. It has the potential to be VERY cool if done well; it could be a neutral race like the Pandaren and you side with the Horde or Alliance in the days to come. It could be doubly cool if you got a "mortal form" like the worgen, except that you could pick a race to transform into (no orcs, no draenei, no pandaren). It could ALMOST be an experiment in cross-faction races. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    And on the Wandering Isle, the modei is certainly used but that particular enemy is used more similarly to a Lovecraftian Deep One than an actual saurok.

That said, I voted for the Dragonspawn, especially if we're talking about the big bipel ones. It has the potential to be VERY cool if done well; it could be a neutral race like the Pandaren and you side with the Horde or Alliance in the days to come. It could be doubly cool if you got a "mortal form" like the worgen, except that you could pick a race to transform into (no orcs, no draenei, no pandaren). It could ALMOST be an experiment in cross-faction races. Almost.
    saurok are just lizard men O-O thats it. i fail. to see how that has much to do with lovecraft

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I never understood why we've never seen Snap Dragons or Qoutls in the game when we were fighting Naga honestly.
    what are quotls O-O i couldnt find anything when i googled it
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    saurok are just lizard men O-O thats it. i fail. to see how that has much to do with lovecraft

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 02:29 PM ----------

what are quotls O-O i couldnt find anything when i googled it
    Probably because I misspelled it hahaha... Hang on; http://www.wowpedia.org/Couatl

Oh and as for the Lovecraft bit, eh not sure what he means, but maybe it could be something about "evil, fish like monsters coming from the sea ready to eat your face" like the ones in Shadow over Innsmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    Considering Saurok use the Worgen Skeleton, seems highly unlikely they would become playable. Even more unlikely they would design a whole new skeleton for them when they're bound to Pandaria.
    While my answer is none, i can't help but wonder if there's any sense what you said... whats wrong with skeletons? what's your point? how is sharing a skeleton with another playable race a downside? wouldn't that be an asset?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Probably because I misspelled it hahaha... Hang on; http://www.wowpedia.org/Couatl
    O_O NAGA FLYING MOUNT @_@

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    While my answer is none, i can't help but wonder if there's any sense what you said... whats wrong with skeletons? what's your point? how is sharing a skeleton with another playable race a downside? wouldn't that be an asset?
    eh skeletons really have nothing to do with whether a race would be added or not. nomatter what skeleton it uses any race that would become playable would be revamped anyways and races like goblins used to share skeletons with other races too

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    O_O NAGA FLYING MOUNT @_@

That's the one, even though the manga version looks like a pissed off whale-thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post

There would have to be special circumstances involving aspects joining either faction, otherwise aspects are probably much more loyal to themselves than to superficial alliances. I think it might be more of a situation of certain colors joining factions that are more plausible given past lore ie. Red to ally with Alliance and Black to ally with Horde. One possible reason a faction could join both is the black dragonflight having no actual known leader at this moment they could write in a 50/50 split of population where half "find" Alliance and the other half "find" the Horde. Still got that problem of 'oh hai there cousin, you're in the Horde? I'm Alliance...' etc

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    There would have to be special circumstances involving aspects joining either faction, otherwise aspects are probably much more loyal to themselves than to superficial alliances. I think it might be more of a situation of certain colors joining factions that are more plausible given past lore ie. Red to ally with Alliance and Black to ally with Horde. One possible reason a faction could join both is the black dragonflight having no actual known leader at this moment they could write in a 50/50 split of population where half "find" Alliance and the other half "find" the Horde. Still got that problem of 'oh hai there cousin, you're in the Horde? I'm Alliance...' etc
    the black dragonflight and the blue dragonflight dont exist anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    The skeleton is what determines the model's animations. If saurok were made into a playable race they'd definitely need a new skeleton to differentiate them visually from worgen.

the black dragonflight and the blue dragonflight dont exist anymore
    Your statement is only partially true. All of the known black dragons on Azeroth except Wrathion are dead, but there are known black dragons currently elsewhere. As for the blue dragonflight your statement is simply wrong.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Your statement is only partially true. All of the known black dragons on Azeroth except Wrathion are dead, but there are known black dragons currently elsewhere. As for the blue dragonflight your statement is simply wrong.
    No it isn't. The Blue Dragonflight has disbanded officially, they are no longer a flight, they are just a few blue dragons who are now individuals.