Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Do you think Cross-Realm World PvP is out of control?

    Before you say I'm whining, do take note I am probably more experience in PvP than most people here. But do you think CRZ PvP is getting a little too overbearing, or it's fine as it is? If you look at my server, you'd notice that Blasted Lands is effectively defunct as a leveling zone, as there is always fighting almost every minute or so. Another example being Mount Hyjal. As the guards are weak now, people simply do not care, and hilarious all out massacres take place within the Inn quite often.

  2. #2
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,069
    A part of me really LOVES it!
    But another part hates getting ganked all the time by 5 alliance-soldiers.

  3. #3
    What's your highest pr since your so exp? RBGS mean nothing btw. As far as the actual question goes I think on certain servers yes it is out of control. I am currently leveling a death knight on illidan which is like 97% horde but I have been killed so many times due to lvl 90s from different servers that are flooding out lands for some reason. It's pretty annoying but I deal with it just because I brought my 90 warlock out the and have killed everyone that's killed me and camped there bodies for about a hour... Lol Sweet Sweet Revenge.

  4. #4
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,416
    Roll PVE is the only solution really...

  5. #5
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,948
    People wanted World PvP & now they got it, this is what it was like in Vanilla. If your on PvP server it will happen thats what there meant for.

  6. #6
    don't have really any problem with it on both defias and stormscale. one was alliance and stormscale was horde.(i'm on eu).
    my druid got ganked/killed 4 times but one was a lvl 90 that killed me because i tried to kill his buddy:P

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    What's your highest pr since your so exp? RBGS mean nothing btw. As far as the actual question goes I think on certain servers yes it is out of control. I am currently leveling a death knight on illidan which is like 97% horde but I have been killed so many times due to lvl 90s from different servers that are flooding out lands for some reason. It's pretty annoying but I deal with it just because I brought my 90 warlock out the and have killed everyone that's killed me and camped there bodies for about a hour... Lol Sweet Sweet Revenge.
    2400+ in 3s, 2s, and RBGs. A gimp Gladiator title.

  8. #8
    here's something that helped me a lot for leveling on a PvP realm:

    1 - Find a lvl 90 friend on a Normal realm (popularly known as a "PvE realm"*);
    2 - Add this friend on Friends with his Battletag;
    3 - Log on your PvP realm character and have him invite you to a group;
    4 - You are now playing on his Normal realm until you leave the group. level up AFAP

    [*] - Normal realms should not be called "PvE realms", because that would imply the existance of "non-PvE realms", where you could unflag yourself out of PvE content and no mob would ever attack you. that's not how the game works. all realms are PvE realms by default. some are only PvE (Normal realms) and some are both PvE and PvP (PvP realms).
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  9. #9
    It is out of control! but in a good way.


    I only wish they'd cross realm pandaria already. On my server, save for daily hubs, most of it is ghost towns now. And I'm on a very large server :x Not to mention I'm horde, on a horde-filled server, so it's also ultra-boring.

  10. #10
    No, it's not out of control. What's out of control is all these players that seem to think questing in Blasted Lands is necessary. These players that seem to think they should be immune to 5 person ganks. These players that apparently feel the need to get ganked, rez and then complain about the rez timer. People are complaining way too much these days, that is out of control.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    here's something that helped me a lot for leveling on a PvP realm:

    1 - Find a lvl 90 friend on a Normal realm (popularly known as a "PvE realm"*);
    2 - Add this friend on Friends with his Battletag;
    3 - Log on your PvP realm character and have him invite you to a group;
    4 - You are now playing on his Normal realm until you leave the group. level up AFAP

    [*] - Normal realms should not be called "PvE realms", because that would imply the existance of "non-PvE realms", where you could unflag yourself out of PvE content and no mob would ever attack you. that's not how the game works. all realms are PvE realms by default. some are only PvE (Normal realms) and some are both PvE and PvP (PvP realms).
    I don't think anyone hears "Non pve realm" when that's being talked about. Normal realms are focused around pve versus pvp, so it makes sense for people to call them pve realms. If someone hears pve realm, makes the assumption and somehow goes on living in wow believing that, they probably weren't going to go too far anyway.

  11. #11
    I love Cross Realm pvp, but i have noticed that Horde usually dominate at CRZ PvP not sure if just me or what. (Horde player)
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  12. #12
    I just find it funny that people used to love the "epic" battles in Stranglethorn and Tarren Mill, but now they can't handle a little world PvP.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    People wanted World PvP & now they got it, this is what it was like in Vanilla. If your on PvP server it will happen thats what there meant for.
    Wait what? CRZ allow for far, far, far more people in every single last zone than ever before. CRZ means that you're not just fighting your own server but people from dozens of servers. There was no flying in Classic.

    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    No, it's not out of control. What's out of control is all these players that seem to think questing in Blasted Lands is necessary. These players that seem to think they should be immune to 5 person ganks. These players that apparently feel the need to get ganked, rez and then complain about the rez timer. People are complaining way too much these days, that is out of control.
    People complaining about being unable to level, at all is actually a valid complaint. There are certain zones where leveling is completly impossible on a lot of battlegroups because the level 90 gankers outnumber the questing people by 10-20x. Blasted Lands, Hellfire Peninsula, Hyjal and Vashjir. The people going around ganking from what I could see so far are mostly PvE scrubs. They are people in horrible gear who get stomped in competitive PvP and thus have to take out their frustration on low level who can't fight back. They have no idea what real PvP ist for the most part.

    In all honesty, hiding behind phasing to gank low levels for hours completly locking down without anyone being able to do anything because nearly all 90's are in a different phasing zone has nothing to do with world pvp. It's griefing and sadism, plain and simple. And if you actually hunt down these PvE people they either mount up and just hover over you till you eventually leave because they don't stand a chance or they log onto your server and start flaming you.

  14. #14
    no problem, just ganked them back, unlike most people that cry at being ganked, i actually use my other characters to fight back and ask for help if its too much for me to handle

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It is out of control! but in a good way.


    I only wish they'd cross realm pandaria already. On my server, save for daily hubs, most of it is ghost towns now. And I'm on a very large server :x Not to mention I'm horde, on a horde-filled server, so it's also ultra-boring.
    Erm I have played with people in pandaria from different servers.

  16. #16
    As a Kazzak EU player, I think CRZ needs to be made more effective. It should balance zones for both factions rather than just balance the number of people in the zones. I want more world PvP, and I do not mean ganking, although I don't really mind being ganked unless it's a guy who keeps killing me and just avoids me when I relog.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I just find it funny that people used to love the "epic" battles in Stranglethorn and Tarren Mill, but now they can't handle a little world PvP.
    I havent seen a return of the epic battles. Maybe the first few days at the Dark Portal, but since then, nothing. It's the same as it was, 1-5 of the opposite faction ganking lowbies, and running away when some semblence of challenge comes along, people's mains, guildies, etc.

    Only difference now is, if I log onto my main, the ganker has other realms to hide on, instead of just one, before returning to camp my alt when I log back over.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Erm I have played with people in pandaria from different servers.
    Yeah, but you have to invite them

  19. #19
    Like everyone else has stated all the gankers are from different servers. I haven't been killed by one lvl 90 illidan alliegnce player if they do see me they don't do anything all the people who have banked my Lara are from different server. Which is why I camp there bodie on my main if they try n camp my alt ^^

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    no problem, just ganked them back, unlike most people that cry at being ganked, i actually use my other characters to fight back and ask for help if its too much for me to handle
    Except that isn't going to happen, because even two T2 chars won't do me any good if I can't get at these people because they had behind phasing such as at the shrine of goldrin where they are impervious to any kind of retaliation and if someone actually manages to get their hands onto them they just mount up and hover in the air till said person leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I havent seen a return of the epic battles. Maybe the first few days at the Dark Portal, but since then, nothing. It's the same as it was, 1-5 of the opposite faction ganking lowbies, and running away when some semblence of challenge comes along, people's mains, guildies, etc.

    Only difference now is, if I log onto my main, the ganker has other realms to hide on, instead of just one, before returning to camp my alt when I log back over.
    You might not even be in the same CRZ and thus can't do anything about him if you're unlucky. Add to that phasing and flying and gankers are extremly safe from any kind of retalation. In all honesty they are mostly PvE people anyway, hardly any of them do even have PvP gear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •