[Guardian] Do I need another trinket?

Alright, so here's me. I'm currently rocking Jade Warlord Figurine & Relic of Niuzao (1 upgrade). However, I know there's a few fights this tier that don't really have anything much to dodge (Garalon, Lei Shi, the Shadowy Attacks from Gara'jal), so I was thinking of picking up one of the "Mastery-on-use" trinkets, Vaporshield Medallion or Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage, to help on those, but I'm just not sure if it would make enough of a difference.

I don't seem to be running into rage issues when I'm actively tanking; if I have a boss or adds on me, I can keep near 100% uptime on SD, or keep rage for FR for a hefty heal for nearly all of Garalon's attacks, barring accidental Crushes. I'm under the hit cap (currently 6.27%), but between the soft & hard Expertise caps for tanks (11.36%).

Anyone have suggestions regarding this? Or should I just stick with my Trinks and just spend my VP on upgrading pieces 750 VP at a time, spend VP on the minor upgrades I can get from other VP gear slots, or buy one of the above trinks?

You can always use more Rage.

I always recommend RPS trinkets (5.1 Rep trinket, Terror) and dump any excess Rage into Maul and/or secondary AM if you don't need to use your primary one.

Garalon's frontal cone can be dodged/parried/blocked and Mastery will have absolutely no benefit against Lei Shi(minus the adds) and Shadowy Attacks. If you're looking for another on-use trinket the operation shieldwall/dominance offensive revered Agility trinket is very good for Guardian, otherwise you can use the Lei Shi crit trinket.

Deleted
    The bear in my guild uses two DPS trinkets, Relic of Xuen and Terror in the Mists (normal)

Also, isn't it possible to dodge the cone on Garalon? I've parried it on my paladin so I just assumed you can dodge it too, but maybe I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the cleaves I can dodge most of them with SD, so the cleave is fully dodgable. Pac already said so as well

I do prefer DPS trinkets terror and the elagon thing, but I do switch for the tanking trinkets from elagon/tsulong if needed.

You can dodge the cleave attacks (Qiang, Garalon), but you don't really want to since you don't gain Vengeance from doing so.

Deleted
    This is me currently

I use bottle + TitM pretty much all of the time. I find those on use mastery trinkets to be pretty pointless, you'd be much better off having something to can proc/on use for agil/haste/crit. the RPS allows you much better survivability imho and the extra DPS will help out your raid as well.

I see you haven't gone for any extra haste, from what i understand crit=haste but when you're not tanking say on a tank swap but on the same target then haste is better because you get more TiC procs which is extra avoidance for the other tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    You can dodge the cleave attacks (Qiang, Garalon), but you don't really want to since you don't gain Vengeance from doing so.
    My understanding was that Vengeance is based off unmitigated damage; a Dodged, Parried or Blocked attack would still stack Vengeance.

Then again, I had also thought that Garalon's frontal cone cleave was undodgeable, so maybe I could use SD for that and FR for the Crushes, unless those too can be dodged.

I haven't lucked into any of the trinkets from MSV aside from Jade Warlord Figurine, nor have I been able to get the ToES trinkets from LFR. I do have a Hawkmaster's Talon from my DPS set (other one is a 450 - Bloodsoaked Chitin Fragment), but that's another on-use one.

Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    My understanding was that Vengeance is based off unmitigated damage; a Dodged, Parried or Blocked attack would still stack Vengeance.

Then again, I had also thought that Garalon's frontal cone cleave was undodgeable, so maybe I could use SD for that and FR for the Crushes, unless those too can be dodged.

I haven't lucked into any of the trinkets from MSV aside from Jade Warlord Figurine, nor have I been able to get the ToES trinkets from LFR. I do have a Hawkmaster's Talon from my DPS set (other one is a 450 - Bloodsoaked Chitin Fragment), but that's another on-use one.
    Unmit damage yes. Dodging prevents you from gaining Vengeance from specials (I have confirmed this with my own testing), and anecdotal evidence is that it also prevents you from gaining Vengeance from melee swings where you are debuffed (Elegon for example). I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case though.

I'm using double agi trinket actually. Only use stam trinket for those really hard bosses or insane magic damage <.< Well druid is my alt anyways. I didn't expect to make too much H progression lol.

The Fury Swipe on Garalon is indeed dodgeable and you would want to dodge them in case you have the boring job to soak these attack as I do and help on the front legs on Garalon. Go for agi.

As a tank on Gara'jel your job is to take as little damage as possible, not soak as much as possible. Keep in mind that the voodoo targets will take a percentage of your damage depending on the difficulty (100% on hc). You are literally their meat shield and should thus look to take as little damage as possible from the boss. The shadowy attacks is the least of your concerns . I doubt that damage from shadowy attacks on you alone is cause for concern as it hits random players and if you die to that, the group is doing something wrong. Go for agi.

Lei Shi is one of the few fights in current content where I actually use a stamina trinket (yes, one - the other is always agi) due to the splash being unavoidable.

You already have a good stamina trinket.