10+ Year Old Account

BrM Haste levels and Ascension.

I was hoping someone might be able to throw me the numbers for Haste when using Ascension so that I can start reforging into Crit instead of being over 7000 Haste. I want to get my Crit up a few more points just for a bit more reliable Elusive Brew stack generation.

Thanks.

I would recommend not following anyone's specific numbers here and test it out yourself. See how low you can go. A lot of Brewmaster's stat weights are very much personal, and this one is no exception.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like Madgod said it's pretty much what you prefer. For myself when using a 2H I'm sitting at 6600ish haste. DW I'm around 7200ish haste. Everything else in crit. I'm at 30% crit with both items.

Haste also increases EB stacks, more auto-attacks means more auto-attack crits.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    Haste also increases EB stacks, more auto-attacks means more auto-attack crits.
    It doesn't provide as much of an increase as crit does, though.

Haste stacking is purely to get to a comfortable level of energy regeneration and shuffle uptime (though that is a product of higher energy regen). Anything else it provides is merely icing.

ATM I go for haste to get a comfortable energy regen so I always have enough energy for emergency jab. But that's completely personal. I'm sitting at 7300 haste with ascension as DW brewmaster and I feel it's nearly optimal for my play. I never loose shuffle, I purify a lot (usually at yellow, sometimes even high green).
    My crit rating is around 25% on armory page (realms are offline, can't check it in game now), I feel comfortable with my elusive brew generation rate. Since most fights are 2 tank fights anyway I have plenty of time to stack it.
    But as i said - it's best to find a comfortable spot than aim for specific breakpoints. Personally I wasn't happy with 6k (and lower) haste, I felt that there's too many times I didn't have energy when I needed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got ~6500 Haste > Crit but that is mostly for H 25m Wind Lord and a few other fights, you can get by with less on most tank swap fights. I put everything else into Crit outside of swapping into some Stam stuff for harder hitting fights.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    I'm at 5500ish (can't get more haste out of my crappy gear yet) and it's usually fine, but I would be more comfortable with a little more - maybe another 1000 or so would be all I need, I think. It gets a little tight at times at present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I remembering right that the sweet spot for energy regeneration is 13.33? If so currently in my gear without ascension I am sitting on exactly 13. So, taking ascension would put me well over at around 15 Energy/sec.

Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    Am I remembering right that the sweet spot for energy regeneration is 13.33? If so currently in my gear without ascension I am sitting on exactly 13. So, taking ascension would put me well over at around 15 Energy/sec.
    That's a very outdated concept that was based off of certain assumptions in a fight and was called into question during 5.1's PTR. At this point it's no longer really relevant. Our haste cap is far more personalized now.

But yeah most people seem to be comfortable at lower energy levels than that with ascension.

I'm sitting at 8k haste and I still don't energy cap on H Sha with the 15% haste buff and time warp on pull, running ascension. Something like 23 Energy per second.

Edit: Or chi, and tiger power doesn't fall off, with tiger palm being my 4th ability used.

4,1k haste "13.85 regen"- rest into critt.. fits me pretty damn sweet, although i have some offparts for fights i rather have some more haste etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.