Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Update: In-case anyone has found an active interest in my love life.

Last Friday (Feb 23) 3 friends and I got together to see the new Die Hard movie (I don't recommend it). My girlfriend didn't come along and instead invited the other friend in question. He was hesitant at first but he came along. We ended up having a good time, all 4 of us stopped for some fast food before hand, we all joked around like normal. Everything was good. To me it still felt like there was an elephant in the room the whole time, but I wanted to leave it up to him to bring the situation up if he wanted. He obviously didn't because we didn't talk about it. So, maybe things are back to normal? I haven't talked to him since that night but it seamed ok to me. I'm sure he's still dealing with something

Side note: I linked this thread to my girlfriend and she agrees with how I've been approaching it and with the views of most of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bro, I've been in the same situation as your friend "A" ... and it sucked major time ... but not because I didn't wanna spend time with my friend but because the opposite... he never really seemed the same after... maybe he's scared that you will abandon him and put her first(which I know is only natural but still hurtful, especially if you knew eachother for far longer than you knew her)... I say give him a few more weeks maybe a month but still send him messages and try to keep contact with him

Deleted
    Bros before hoes

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE:

I realise this is a bit necro'd but a lot of these threads are left without closure so I figured I'd update everyone.

It's been going good with this girl, and the friend issue is slowly being resolved. I've hung out with him multiple times and it's completely back to normal between us. We even took a road trip one weekend across the boarder (Vancouver to Seattle) and it was a lot of fun. I feel he's a bit more reserved with what he's telling me these days but that's understandable and doesn't impede the fun we have when hanging out. He's more depressed because he did lose his support system when I started dating this girl but he's holding it together. He's told me he doesn't mind me talking about her, but he doesn't want to know much about 'us' as a couple.

He's also reached out to her again recently (the past 3 days). They've been sending e-mails to try to talk things out and catch up, they've met once in private and I was told it was quite emotional for both of them. For now he's happy hanging out in group settings with us both and both her and I will make sure we don't display too much if any affection infront if him (at least for a while).

Thank you all for your views and support, it actually alleviated some of my worry.

Unfortunately, (and fortunately for me), I'm not a depressive person, quite the optimist, so I can't relate to how he feels right now but I'm trying to be supportive. An unrewarding work and paycheck, thoughts of going back to school and the debt that comes with it, and lack of a romantic life are really keeping him down. For now I'm just planning fun things to do and hope to keep him happy, while doing the very same with my girlfriend.

Glad to see this worked out well for you in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Glad to see this worked out well for you in the end.
    Thanks, it's still a work in progress, but it will.

I find it all too wierd.. He is still emo about this, but he is still friends with you/her.

1: He is stupid for being still "hurt" and friends with you/her.
    2: He is secretly trying to steal her from you. "Keep your friends close, and your enemy closer".

And your girlfriend and him meeting up alone and being emotionall? and sending mails to eachother.. Why would she meet him alone, and ontop of that be emotional if she had no feelings for him?>_< This is all too wierd^^
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice that it has worked out.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)