Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    There's no reason to go Fury. The last time Fury was even viable was Season 5 and that's only because Arms sucked so very badly.

  2. #22

  3. #23
    High Overlord Pulsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    183
    Fury... pfft, I wish!

  4. #24
    Unless Blizz decides to nerf the hell out of arms there is no question that fury will always be far behind in PVP

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Finland
    Posts
    443
    Fury sucks big time, now and in 5.2, ive been "forced" to use Fury for pve reasons (Prot mainspec). And it is like night and day between Arms and Fury. Arms can unload big bursts when you want to, fury needs to fish out BT crits and wait for C smash etc. Way too random for PvPing.

    The burst is nice with Reck, as you scale so much with the crit. After that youre basically just auto-attacking away and waiting for BT crits. And MS tied to noodleslap Wild Strike doesnt help either.

  6. #26
    Keyboard Turner PPP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SOCALI
    Posts
    5
    I have never tried Fury in arena.. Maybe I'll give it ago this patch. Maybe even SMF hehehe

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Riecheck View Post
    It's not only the Sudden Death procs but also the Mortal Strike healing reduction. If you use the Overpower glyph to increase it by 20% damage after cleave then it will stack very well with C.Smash.

    Fury Pros vs Cons
    Pros
    x2 Weapon enchants
    Extra healing through Bloodthirst
    Bladestorm hits twice as much
    I also feel like you can get more hits in the CS window than you could with arms. (Flurry + Bloodsurge procs)
    Deal more damage as Enraged (Proc'd by CS, Bloodthirst, Berzerker Rage)

    Cons
    No Mortal Strike to reduce healing on target
    Enraged can be dispell, spell stolen, tranquillized, CC'd until the short 6sec buff wears off. (If zerker rage is used)
    Not as many C.Smashs due to not having Sudden Death
    No sweeping strikes to increase spread damage
    No Taste for Blood for heavy Heroic Strike fillers (changes in 5.2)

    I know theres a lot more, these are just some I could think of right off. Hope this helps with your decision a bit more.
    I would also add that overpower can't be dodged or parried in favor of arms. it is significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  8. #28
    Even I would suggest switching to arms for arena. It depends on what your doing. If your just doing it just to have some fun. Then do what ever you want hell go prot if your feeling it.
    If your talking about playing competitively Arms is pretty much the way to go. Fury Is just a little to random with it's procs to be dependable. With the changes coming you need stability and a "sure thing" fury will not deliver that.
    If your hell bent on playing fury though. Titans grip is about the only option you have, single minded fury might do higher overall dps but because your using one handers your crits wont hit as hard. With the way healing has been in mop you need those crits and what ever burst you can get to break down the heals.

    Thats just my opinion take it for what you want.

  9. #29
    If you want to play fury in arena make sure you have heroic PvE weapon.

    Next patch Arms and Fury will be pretty close on sustained damage because Overpower will cost 10 rage to use so you cannot sit in defensive stance whole time, I have not tested PvP on PTR. But arms will still have sudden death what is huge advantage over fury, also overpower will always hit because it cannot be dodged or parried what is a nice thing too.

    Fury is currently behind arms because fury needs the rage from the auto attacks(you must sit in battle stance) to deal really high damage, when arms just can sit in D stance while doing ALMOST (depends from TFB and other major factors) 100% damage what you could do while sitting in Battle Stance.

    Also people still thing you must be enraged to use Raging Blow, that is false you gain one use to Raging Blow after gaining an enrage effect, you can use the Raging Blow even after the Enrage is dispelled/expired.

    edit: I do hardly play any pvp so these are just things other people have pointed out.
    Last edited by Yiris; 2013-02-28 at 09:29 AM.

  10. #30
    I also PVP in fury. I do this mainly because I find it more fun than arms, but I also found that it had more survivability and that what I needed when I was 2v2'ing with a rogue team mate and I only had the crafted contenders set. I havent tried Arms since I've got more Malevolent gear and am running 3's with a healer now.

    Unfortunately I bought 2x 2H axes - Malevolent Gladiator's Decapitators, when by the looks of things I should have got a PVE wep to go with one of them... but at least I get the extra 771 resilience. I've also picked up the PVP Shield and if I'm being targeted (which I usually am in 2's) I macro switch between 2x 2H axes in battle stance to 1x 2H axe and shield in defensive stance. Even if I'm close to dead I can pop a bunch of defensive cooldowns and survive through while still doing enough damage.
    And when I need to damage like crazy it's just the simple, all out, pop all yo cooldowns macro and I do enough damage to carve up.

    In 5.2 I'll be using bladestorm as the go to talent but since I've started 3v3 arena with a resto druid I've been using shockwave (even for the sacrifice of 2x 2H wep bladestorm hits) for the extra CC (with added Panda Quakening Palm), Bloodbath for the extra damage and the slow, and Piercing Howl to slow 2/3 of the enemy team and help the druid avoid damage (He's recently 90)
    I know those talents as a Fury warrior will probably cop a lot of flak but it seems to work for my play style.

    Like Equivocator, I'm keen for 5.2 as well. Very interested to see how the haste will change things. I've got herb haste to put on top of the extra 100% (Yep, I know herb haste buff wont be increased)

  11. #31
    Blademaster Zots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfairfight View Post
    Unfortunately I bought 2x 2H axes - Malevolent Gladiator's Decapitators, when by the looks of things I should have got a PVE wep to go with one of them... but at least I get the extra 771 resilience.
    Why do you say it's unfortunate? Resilience is the best stat you can get in PvP. PvP power is a horrible stat. If anything, getting the resil from Titan's Grip with 2 2h PvP is a Pro and not a Con. There is so much burst/cc in this xpac and you want all the defense you can get.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    Why do you say it's unfortunate? Resilience is the best stat you can get in PvP. PvP power is a horrible stat. If anything, getting the resil from Titan's Grip with 2 2h PvP is a Pro and not a Con. There is so much burst/cc in this xpac and you want all the defense you can get.
    that's partially not true. While I agree there are cases that defense or resilience is better, there are plenty of scenarios that PVP power or damage is better. It's situational.

    For example it doesn't matter how much defense you got in diablo 3 when demonhunters have THAT much damage to 1 shot you.

    EDIT: In case I am not clear the cases where defense is better is when damage is relatively low. When both opponents have high damage it oftens turns out a case of who can kill the other faster.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2013-03-02 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  13. #33
    Blademaster Zots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    that's partially not true. While I agree there are cases that defense or resilience is better, there are plenty of scenarios that PVP power or damage is better. It's situational.

    For example it doesn't matter how much defense you got in diablo 3 when demonhunters have THAT much damage to 1 shot you.

    EDIT: In case I am not clear the cases where defense is better is when damage is relatively low. When both opponents have high damage it oftens turns out a case of who can kill the other faster.
    Resilience is better than PvP Power. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEY4_R60PkE

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    Resilience is better than PvP Power. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEY4_R60PkE
    not always. what reckful says is correct about gemming in a long duration fight you will do more damage if you gem resilience. he refers to preditable low sustained damage.

    in burst cases when it is a race to kill someone or get killed pvp power will always be better.

    to be even more specific in the context of this thread and sub forum. If you gem pvp resil as fury titans grip, you can be sure you will really struggle killing someone. The sustained is really THAT low.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2013-03-03 at 05:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  15. #35
    i always thought arms was best in mop

  16. #36
    yeah, fury is so random to be reliable in pvp

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Equivocator View Post
    I play arena as Fury and much of what has been said is relatively true, although I will contest the enrage dispelling issue. Mainly because everyone talks about it that because it CAN be removed it always will be. There aren't many classes that can remove it (only druids, hunters and rogues). On my rogue shiv is a 10 sec CD and the amount of times I've wanted to remove the enrage effect but removed the berserker rage effect instead is annoying, plus, using paralytic poison (which the majority of rogues do) my shiv is used as a peel (root effect) and not for removing enraged effects. As for druid and hunters well i haven't played them for long enough to pass comment, but, applying pressure and CC's will dictate whether or not they can or will prioritise actually removing the enrage effect or not. Coming up against a hunter and druid combo will sure hurt your ability to play, but then, how is that any different to being a lock coming up against 2 rogues?

    People also talk about the low chance of being enraged which I find strange. If I were grouped with a mage I'd have just shy of 52% chance to become enraged with Bloodthirst alone (which is roughly one every 2). If i proc enrage from my first thats 6 seconds up. If i fail on the second I have a 1.5 sec overlap and therefore have 3 secs not enraged. That amounts to 66% up time (assuming always on target) that does not include chance to proc from colossus (although there could be overlaps again) nor the chance to proc from berserker every 30 secs nor the abilities which increase your crit chance (Windsong because you duel wield and have a second enchant) nor does it include recklessness (which the CD is being reduced in 5.2) nor does it include Skull banner. Seriously, i spend the vast majority of my time (on target) as enraged and given that, any classes attempting to remove enrage all the time would seriously be wasting GCDs attempting to do so and therefore reduce their own DPS/HPS.

    Thirdly, thanks to all the arms rotational nerfs, Fury for 5.2 has lost nothing and gained everything. Increased haste value, increased deep wounds damage, reduced recklessness CD times, free wild strikes on bloodsurge procs (this massive, we can fit more abilities into a C-smash than arms AND ensure mortal wounds debuff is up) bladestorm being immune to disarms (should be fury choice of talent imo). Because of the scale of changes to arms and the positive effect to Fury DPS the Devs had planned to reduce RB damage and Bloodthirst damage but have decided to hit execute instead. That's perfect for PvP fury, we don't want 200k execute hits in pvp, we only want enough to hit the button once and land a kill.

    5.2 is going to bring the gap between arms and fury even closer and i can say that for 100% certaintity (based on current changes). As for which will be better? Who knows, will be fun trying.
    Only arms gets 100% more deep wounds dmg. Fury stays the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •