10+ Year Old Account

Post 90 PvP Mage - Gemming Optimization Spreadsheet

Hello all -

This spreadsheet can be used to optimize your max damage or just for fun. Frost Bomb is only used as a reference - just pay attention to the "% Increase" in orange near the bottom to estimate the results of your other spells.

How to use:
    -Open the WoW website and go to your Armory page
    -Manually fill in yellow boxes on the spreadsheet with correct information
    -Read purple text at bottom

Link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...G1iM3lFMjBmeGc

Tiny URL tag: /magePvPgems
    Last edited by Taiknee; 2013-05-21 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Updated for 5.3
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated for 5.3

Added Mastery iterations to spreadsheet
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

nice thanks mate

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice mate, is there a way to edit the sheet to optimize it for fires stat priority? As im asuming you've used frosts stats since its giving me back stack mastery gems atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Important: If you used the calculator on May 20 or May 21, 2013 - the values you got were wrong. I had the wrong version available at that time. As of May 22, 2013, the correct version is online.

@villie
    I apologize for not making it Fire compatible, but it would take more time than I would like to put into it. At this time, it does not have the option to exclude mastery/use the different formula results for Fire mages, so Fire mages probably won't be using the spreadsheet anymore.

However! I'm guessing that most Fire mages are going to be going mostly crit anyways. A higher occurrence of crits from scorch spam (instead of trolling around waiting for IB to come back off CD) for HS/!Pyro is probably more important than the increased damage. So just go crit if you're fire! Full crit gives you like 5.33% more crit (+6.93% effective crit), +60 Int from the shoulder socket, and +60 power from the feet.