Deleted

PvP Feral Weapon

I'm causally PvPing at the moment and have just earned enough conquest to buy the PvP weapon. I'm curious which one is better.

Malevolent Gladiator's Pike

or

Malevolent Gladiator's Staff
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-02-20 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    I'm causally PvPing at the moment and have just earned enough conquest to buy the PvP weapon. I'm curious which one is better.

Malevolent Gladiator's Pike

or

Malevolent Gladiator's Staff

Honestly, based on kitty form, it doesn't matter. Even though you are looking at the Dmg to be higher than the other, when in kitty form the same amount of dps will be pretty much the same. Agi will in crease attack power, which in terns increases damage.

Both items are equal when it comes to catform, it's just a matter of preference.

@Ziene. i'm not a kitty expert. but there still fairly some kitty attacks that are based on weapon dmg.
    so why does it not matter? do i miss someting?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    @Ziene. i'm not a kitty expert. but there still fairly some kitty attacks that are based on weapon dmg.
    Attacks are based on Attack Power... The paw speed in cat form in 1.0 sec reduced slightly by haste. The only benefit from weapons is weapon Damage Per Second and stats like agility haste crit mastery etc.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    I'm not good at explaining these thing.. so I'll let Hecklar do it for me.
    (Post last expansion, but most feral druids come to the same conclusion)

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...learm-or-staff

"In Cat or Bear form, your "Weapon Damage" is your Paws/Claws/Jaws damage, a normalized version of your actual equipped weapon's damage. Cat normalizes to 1.0 Speed, Bear to 2.5. This is done by a calculation that looks something like (Actual Equipped Weapon Damage) / (Actual Equipped Weapon Speed) * (Paw Speed), which just means (Equipped Weapon DPS) * (Paw Speed).

Feral Druids are the only characters that work like this, AFAIK. Weapon X and Weapon Y are identical in Form if their DPS is the same (this actually isn't 100% true in general, it's possible for one weapon to have a lower LOW damage, and a higher HIGH damage, which will translate into form, resulting in the same average damage, with more/less statistical spread. But all Cataclysm weapons are identical in terms of damage spread above/below the average.)"

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Attacks are based on Attack Power... The paw speed in cat form in 1.0 sec reduced slightly by haste. The only benefit from weapons is weapon Damage Per Second and stats like agility haste crit mastery etc.
    LOL, thanks Etapicx

Deleted
    Thanks bought the polearm anyway, looked better imo and better transmog options for the final 2 weeks.