Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    This thread is going places...

OT: If you don't like the price move along you're not required to buy it.
    I'm with you on this - how can a topic this transparent get 4+ pages? Don't like the price, move on. /endthread.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    Well i finally got out bed because i was sick for day but i fell more better so today i when to ebay to see any that will catch my eyes and i found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samurai-Show...item231c26d021

so i say okay 7.99 for FF3 and SS2 because they are the best fighting games that ever came out from japan next to street fighter but as i look at the description i saw a price label for $1.96 and is was cross out so now this ass#### was going make a few dollar on games but in all fairness he should sell it for $1.96 and i think of e-mail him to see if he would sell it but then he could be just a d###

what you think ?

Well one supply and demand as was stated earlier. Also did you ever stop and think "oh ebay, is going to hit him with a sellers fee, then pay pal is going to hit him with a transfer fee, and OH YEAH SHIPPING!" No? Didn't think so.

It's amazing how people think they should in theory get something for free or at a loss to the owner. The owner sells you the game for $2 dollars and he is effectively losing money..... You don't see the logic in why he would raise the price to 8? At only 8 dollars he is lucky if he is breaking even!

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    All I can say to this is... why???

If I'm not mistaken that is the rarest game ever (1 copy ever really surfaced?) collectors will pay good money for that. Not sure if that price but it has sold for a lot before
    Last edited by Begottenson; 2013-02-21 at 06:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

In all honesty I can't tell if the OP is actually a spammer because he's worried about 5 dollars or if it's a legitimate concern. I'm quite high though as well so I have bad judgement right now

Deleted
    Well, the OP is living up to the WNY (I assume pronounced whiny?) part of his name anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    This is hilarious. I honestly was half expecting like some super mundane item being $5000 or something.

@OP: The guy isn't being such a greedy asshole when you factor in the following:

Item cost him $2.

He's selling it for $8.
    He's being charged ~ 60cents just to list it
    eBay will charge another 10% ontop of that when it sells
    P&P is probably around $2 but could be more depending on how much the thing actually weighs. Prolly more like $3+

All those costs add up to about $4-5 The product cost him $2 so that brings it up to $6/7

He's making a dollar or maybe two dollars on this resale. Is that really so outrageous?

Or do you think eBay doesn't cost anything to the seller and he can post it to you for nothing?
    That is without even counting for inflation. He might actually be selling at a loss here.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a time when I could of purchased a NeoGeo AES console for 50 bucks in a store. Would you expect me to yell at someone selling the console now on Ebay for not going down to the same price?

Fatal Fury 3 on the PC isn't exactly a new release so of course its going to be more then the price someone got it for out of a discount bin. Now in the rare case that this is somehow a new release (which I doubt since I see Interplay on the cover) then its the same deal as someone said before about the seller just trying to make some profit on it.

Jeez OP, it's $8. He probably only makes $.50 because of the shipping and ebay/paypal fees. The man needs to somehow make a profit. You are just being very cheap.

If it were me, for it to be worth my time to list, it would have to be at least 200% more than how much it costs me to list:

Buy the game for $2 + $5 shipping + $1 ebay/paypal fees = $8... so I'd list it for $24. Even $24 would be a reasonable price for a old game. If the buyer was fond of it as a child and has happy memories, it is a small price to pay for nostalgia.

Just because something is bought at one price doesn't mean it'll sell for the same price. That's not how things work.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, I'm going to buy it so you can't.

I'm serious, $8 is nothing. And it's a small price to pay, to think of how hard you'd nerdrage over it.

I was expecting like a $10,000 Nintendo. $8? Really?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    In all honesty I can't tell if the OP is actually a spammer because he's worried about 5 dollars or if it's a legitimate concern. I'm quite high though as well so I have bad judgement right now
    Spammer. All he does is make useless bullshit threads.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    OP, I'm going to buy it so you can't.

I'm serious, $8 is nothing. And it's a small price to pay, to think of how hard you'd nerdrage over it.
    I was thinking the same thing, but planning to smash the games and send him the picture.

Hm i bought original wow for 50euros and now its 5euros, how dare you Blizz. Oh w8 now I can sell my account for 2-3Keurs...

Really 8$ thats like 6e, so expensive....

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but planning to smash the games and send him the picture.
    Good point, you could probably buy them for $8, deprive the world of them...then make a youtube video of you destroying them in a unique and funny way. Monetize the video somehow and probably make the $8 back, if not more, from partnership payments. Especially if you included the backstory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Good point, you could probably buy them for $8, deprive the world of them...then make a youtube video of you destroying them in a unique and funny way. Monetize the video somehow and probably make the $8 back, if not more, from partnership payments. Especially if you included the backstory.
    I'll wear some weird mask while doing it aswell. And I'll hit a homerun with one of the games.

After that I'll make a oneliner along the lines of "Seems my fury was fatal for this game".

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    I'll wear some weird mask while doing it aswell. And I'll hit a homerun with one of the games.
    Could enact some movie scenes with it, dub over the nicolas cage death from Kick Ass while you burned Final Fight 3 while it's tied to a chair.

Deleted
    I think $8 for 2 games is a great price.

If he sold them for the price on the label, he would be LOSING money not to mention the effort of taking the pictures, listing them, posting them, waiting for funds to transfer and then paying paypal fees.

6/10, for making me reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noooo! What did those perfectly fine SNK titles ever do to you? Buy em, sell em and use the cash to buy a bunch of blank CDs or any old yearly sports game and smash those instead.

Such a cruel world.

I would probably buy this myself if I didn't already have the Fatal Fury 3 PC version in the double pack, not the best port of the game ever, but no real complaints.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-02-21 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    ...but in all fairness he should sell it for $1.96 and i think of e-mail him to see if he would sell it but then he could be just a d###

what you think ?
    Explain to me why you think he should sell it at the price on the label?

I have a feeling I know the answer you'll give, but I could always use a giggle.

Seriously dumbest thread I've read today.

Whaa something I really like and will get hours of enjoyment out of costs as much as a shitty lunch.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

please someone buy this so the OP can rage.

Ebay is a great place to buy things on the cheap, if I go to a market stall and someone who bought an object 20years ago for £5 but now its worth £45 as its rare. Would I moan to them about it? No. If thats his price for selling it thats the price for the game. If you don't like it don't buy it.