Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't camp questgivers. Simple.

Anyway you can use that one hour break to go to 7-11 for a Big Bite and Mountain Dew.

I don't see why you should be banned. Its no worse than camping a lowbie. Actually, I'd say camping a lowbie is worse since it prevents them from doing just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zaface View Post
    Very good, very nice u got banned it's a shame it was only for an hour, u went to that zone with the only purpose of bully the low lv players questing, if u want pvp with competitive lv players, then go to the alliance capital en pandaria, show them how pro u are.
    This isn't within Blizzard's stance on PvP though. They don't suspend people for level disparity.

Blizzard should offer a tip system to perma ban people like you. I'd toss in 50k or so. Wasting peoples time for your own childish needs is one of my big pet peeves.

people there is a fine line between a lil trolling fun and holding a whole zones quest progression at siege for extended period of time. he clearly crossed the line. that is the end of this story get over it. you do the crime you do the time take the slap on the wrist and learn from your mistake.

Two hours of killing a quest giver is definitely griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoque View Post
    so we can't kill npc now?! if he's a quest giver make him invulnerable for god sake.
    You can. Just not for two hours straight. There's a difference between inconveniencing someone, and downright obstructing their progress because you've got nothing else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorsyn View Post
    Blizzard should offer a tip system to perma ban people like you. I'd toss in 50k or so. Wasting peoples time for your own childish needs is one of my big pet peeves.
    What do you suppose the GMs would do with all that extra gold? Maybe they could expand their wardrobe a bit.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2013-02-20 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaleeth View Post
    Please don't post "this" posts
    Seriously, whichever moderator did that, you need to get a grip mate, a "this" post is just +1'ing what was said. Or are people not allowed to have an opinion if it matches anothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Evoque View Post
    so we can't kill npc now?! if he's a quest giver make him invulnerable for god sake.
    Yeah I'd love to hear any one of these banhounds explain why a suspension is better than disabling the suspendable behavior to begin with.

Deleted
    For anyone who doesn't get that, it wasn't my post infracted, but anothers. Still pathetic.

Deleted
    I'd suggest you appeal your ban. I do remember a blue saying that "as long as there is a pvp solution to the problem, the GMs won't get involved" and in your case there WAS a pvp solution: log their mains (those guys obviously couldn't be arsed to) or call for help (you'd be amazed how many people respond when you ask in trade for help, and it's a short trip to Outland).

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killing questgivers is fine, But to do it for two hours i think deserves a little forced cool down time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Yeah I'd love to hear any one of these banhounds explain why a suspension is better than disabling the suspendable behavior to begin with.
    Because killing NPCs is a part of the game. However, killing the same NPC for two hours straight, effectively halting anyone's progress who requires that NPC for a quest, is abusing the mechanic. That's what he was suspended for.

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    Seriously, whichever moderator did that, you need to get a grip mate, a "this" post is just +1'ing what was said. Or are people not allowed to have an opinion if it matches anothers?
    +1'ing doesn't add to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Exactly my thoughts on why this suspension is bullshit. If Blizzard doesn't want quest givers killed, why make it possible for them to be killed???

Okay fine. If he's a quest giver, why not make him untargetable instead of suspending people?

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 07:46 PM ----------

This isn't "putting the candy out of reach". This is dangling candy in reach of a toddler and slapping them in the face when they reach for it.
    There is nothing wrong and lots of fun to be had by taking over a town/city - killing all npc's as a challenge to all the opposing faction around.

However going to a zone 30 levels under you and repeatedly camping/killing the quest givers and preventing people from questing in that area for 2 hours is completely different.

The system is fine as it is, it's nice to be able to go into stormwind and kill all npc's for example to bring the alliance out of their comfy bunks for a change, the thing is the op did not do it for a pvp challenge - he did it for 'fun' - the fun bit happened to prevent quite a few people from participating in the game via questing in that area for a reasonable amount of time, hence the suspension.

Bottom line is if your fun is at the expense of other people's fun - it is actionable.

Common sense really.

i do think 2 hours was excessive. my 2c.

how's this for an idea to limit this while letting world stuff happen: every time you kill an npc he gives you a stacking debuff (specific to that npc only) that makes him hit harder or something. that way you can still kill the guy a few times, but you have to take a break after a bit to let the debuff wear off
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who doesn't get that, it wasn't my post infracted, but anothers. Still pathetic.
    If you have a problem with moderator actions, you need to PM Sunshine. It's not relevant or appropriate to discuss in this thread.

(but for the record, you're absolutely fine share your opinion, but if all you have to add is "this" or "qft" or "+1" then you're better not posting at all because that isn't adding anything constructive to the conversation)
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a problem with Mod actions you know you can just report them and move on, Contact an Admin (sunshine) i know of, You can see the name of the Mod by the "last edited"
    The reason they don't allow it is because it's just spam to +1 things, this isn't facebook

If you have an issue with a moderator action, there are methods to raise that issue, this particular method is inappropriate and against the forum rules that you agree to adhere to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think it's fair.

Griefing begins when you cross the line from "killing players" into "disrupting the world." You were preventing an entire zone from being able to do any quests associated with that NPC. Killing an NPC couple times is fine. Killing players is fine. Camping an NPC and killing both him and any players that interacts with him for an extend period of time isn't really fine.

Also, it's hard to argue that it's all in the game for PvP when you're killing NPCs as much as players.
    I would argue it was fair, if there was not someway for them to... you know... stop the NPC from being killed if they wanted it to not be killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Blizz will intervene with a few lowbies who can't turn in a quest but can go somewhere else, but they refuse to assist players who put and have gear given away explicitly contrary to the rules set out by the raid leader and stored in chat logs.

More reason to not play this game anymore.

Deleted
    Wait i'm confused... You killed alliance players? I thought you were more of a "horde slaying kinda guy".