Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I havent even finish Diablo 2 because it was such bad game.
    You can't be serious.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I knew it as soon as Metzen stepped onto the stage.

I really don't understand this.
    What is there to understand? Blizzard has a history of having console games and I'm fairly certain Blizzard did tell us quite some time ago they might eventually port D3 to consoles.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by domwindle View Post
    Announce a game that's already out and wasnt that great, for a next gen console. Kinda disappointed to be honest
    Pretty sure Blizzard isn't the first company to develop games for multiple platforms.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Failablo 3 is coming to the PSFail...

Well, now I know what will kill WoW. It will be their own fault when they pour all their money down the black hole of console development...
    Blizzard didn't get to where they are after 20 years in the industry by blundering around and bumbling into making good business decisions by accident.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vevox View Post
    Yay for Blizzard milking money from every possible way they can. I really hope console players don't fall into believing the cancerous hype blizzard is oh so good at making
    Because your blind unmitigated hatred for Blizzard is so much more objective.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    They also said a lot of stuff in the past from their other franchises which really didn't come to life, why should we trust in them now?
    And that has not one single thing to do with the point being made which is Blizzard already told us this was a possibility. There is a case to be made that maybe Blizzard is making a mistake here but let's not pretend that this is news.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a hardcore Diablo fan and played D3 for more than you could imagine, the thing is that I just feel bad because the game really needs changes to be done to raise it where it should belong yet they prefer to announce it for console.

Still Blizzcon is happening before PS4 release and there are some months until then, they may announce it with an expansion so it's soon to talk.
    I hear Blizzard has more than one employee. Confirm/deny?

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    God I hope Blizzard doesn't start releasing games on both these systems at the same time. PC will instantly become secondary.
    Because Warcraft and Starcraft and numerous other titles weren't released on consoles as well. Nope not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    You can't be serious.
    I'm sure he is, I was in the same boat (played it for about an hour when it was released, said 'WTF is this shit' to myself, and uninstalled).

Back on point though, this should surprise absolutely no one. The game would actually work quite well on a console, though it will be dumbed down to autotarget rather than have to actually steer a mouse pointer around I imagine. And if they're smart, they'll move the RMAH right over along with it.

In fact, I'll guesstimate that it's not going to be on the 360 simply because they probably couldn't strike the right deal with MS on how to implement RMAH on XBL.

Lastly, I cannot believe benbos isn't all over this thread, proclaiming how this is the smartest move by any company in the history of recorded business transactions.

Can't wait for the: "Question on WW Barbs" threads from PS3/4 users. Amid the the "Question on WW Barbs" threads of now.

I enjoy living in this modern metropolis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the good thing is that since they are doing this for D3, we can expect them to also do this for Titan. And PS3+FPS = my favorite way to play FPS games. Woot woot!
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    And PS3+FPS = my favorite way to play FPS games.
    My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    You can't be serious.
    I loved D2 but it hasn't aged well. His comment is plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No no don't bother fixing the game or anything, just push an obviously flawed game on even more people. What could possibly go wrong?
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Do they really think this is going to turn out well? They might have fooled everyone with the PC launch but they cant fool everyone into buying a horrible game a second time....can they?
    It's a different market. People probably aren't going to notice what talk is going on about the game by its current playerbase. I don't expect it to sell a ton, but it will have its base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    Well the good thing is that since they are doing this for D3, we can expect them to also do this for Titan. And PS3+FPS = my favorite way to play FPS games. Woot woot!
    No? I mean, FFXI was on consoles, but WoW isn't. There's really not a precedent for Blizzard putting an MMO on a console.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Well, consoles are the most popular for FPS right now. By a landslide at that. We may prefer the keyboard+mouse setup, but it's definitely not mainstream anymore. Any time I'm talking with people about video games, if the subject of PC gaming comes up, many are confused if I mention that I prefer to play Battlefield and other FPS on PC. For the majority of gamers, it seems like PC gaming is associated with RTS, MMO and MOBA.
    Funny isn't it? You'd think console manufacturers would come up with a control scheme that's remotely suited to the FPS genre instead of these antiquated designs that were invented when the dominant game paradigm was 2D platformers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I won't be buying it.

Blizzard your a joke.
    Make something good on console, gosh.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Goes to explain the massively dumbed down gameplay and the reason we conveniently have limited skills that fit perfectly with face buttons/triggers.

Well, this really brought out the haters.

I think it is a great idea. They already had Diablo for the playstation. That is the game that got me into the Diablo universe.

I'm fairly certain the only way I'll ever be playing Diablo III on the PS3 or PS4 is if my current copy, for the PC, is considered a universal purchase for, and to play on, all systems. That meaning, I won't be.

Is it even possible?
    They'll have to remake quite a few abilities to make it playable without mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Is it even possible?
    They'll have to remake quite a few abilities to make it playable without mouse.
    Why? Tera relies on left and right clicks for attacks just like D3 and it plays just fine with a controller. Honestly D3 should play better and feel more natural on a controller than a mouse/keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Why? Tera relies on left and right clicks for attacks just like D3 and it plays just fine with a controller. Honestly D3 should play better and feel more natural on a controller than a mouse/keyboard.
    Well, what do you do when you want to spawn cyclones on top of several enemies located in different parts of the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Well, what do you do when you want to spawn cyclones on top of several enemies located in different parts of the screen?
    I would assume it's going to be move your character with the left analog, aim your attacks w/ the right and it just range-selects the monsters in that area?... for melee classes this would probably feel quite natural, for ranged kiting would become even easier, though yes, placing things like tripmines as a DH might be a bit weird.

Wasn't D2 available on consoles?

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm gonna laugh my ass off if this turns out to be this yr's april fools joke ... it will be the most epic april fools ever done by blizz