Conductivity question

So I was discussing with the resto shaman of my raid and he said he would be able to heal while spec'ed elemental in a fight like wind-lord because of conductivity and chain lightning spam. I was skeptical and asked him to link the spell, the tooltip says: If your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Earth Shock, or Stormstrike damages an enemy standing in your Healing Rain, allies within the Healing Rain share healing equal to 50% of the initial damage done.
    He insisted that all chain lightning damage was converted into conductivity despite the tooltip stating "initial damage done".
    Is he right? Is the tooltip right? And how viable is this kind of healing?

I think it was all damage but that talent isnt viable for any spec maybe after 5.2 when people wont be needing tp stand in it to get healed by conductiviti and will cower all raid and that fight with many adds and aoe raid dmg.

Just tested myself, it works with all chain lighting hits
    and that may work only at the first phase with all those adds but on the second phase your raid may get slaughtered by the aoe

tbh its not woth going conductivity for that fight. During p1 the damage is fairly low and thats the only time chain lightning spamming would cause conductivity to heal a fair amount. + you are losing out on dps getting a healing rain down. Its better to use AG which will get quite a bit of effect in p2 especially since the boss takes more damage and you can keep people alive fairly well. Also until 5.2 conductivity only heals people inside healing rain so that loses quite a bit of effect there.
    If your 3 healing then yea your resto shaman might as well go dps since i find it easier with more dps as the boss uses less rain of blades in a fight which is what usually kills people and in my opinion it just makes it easier. 2 healing and he shud prob stay healer as whilst somewhat doable (i havent tried, just had a healer dead half way through phase 2 and solo healed the rest) it would be a challenge to solo heal even if the resto shaman is helping to offheal.
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-02-22 at 01:10 PM.

In my opinion it's a great talent, but because it involves you to cast HR, on top of that people actually standing in it (until the patch) is the big downfall.

I've used it on many occasions in 5 mans, queuing up as a healer and then DPSing while healing with the talent. When my guild first went after Feng (early when the expansion started) healing was rough and since the fight involved a lot of stacking made the talent truly shine.

On AoE trash in 5 mans I've noticed peoples health not falling at all so long as they're not standing in stuff. In my opinion it's a great talent due to it's passive bonus rather then a CD, but until the patch the big downfall is people standing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    I think it was all damage but that talent isnt viable for any spec maybe after 5.2 when people wont be needing tp stand in it to get healed by conductiviti and will cower all raid and that fight with many adds and aoe raid dmg.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    on top of that people actually standing in it (until the patch) is the big downfall.
    The change to conductivity is the enemy doesn't have to be in your healing rain anymore. The people INSIDE your healing rain are going to be the only ones getting the split healing.
    For example, right now, as with conductivity if i drop a HR on the melee/tanks while i'm dps'ing an enemy ALSO in that healing rain, melee/tanks will get "bonus" healing. If i drop a HR on range dps/healers and NOT the enemy i'm dps'ing.. they will receive NO bonus healing.
    Come 5.2, that HR dropped on the range/healers will give the bonus healing from the damage i am doing.
    Last edited by Swarles; 2013-02-24 at 06:48 AM.