Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,878
    I probably wouldn't have noticed, but every time a kick vote pops up on my screen I decline it unless the person obviously needs to be kicked. As far as greens go I usually just click in the general area trying to get it off my screen I've probably needed on a few from not paying attention, 8-12 g is nothing to get worked up about.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbojonez View Post
    These two statements say a lot. First, you are saying that stealing is ok, as long as it's "not even worth much". Second, you are making a distinction between real life and a game, but that is moot. In either real life or a game, you are disrespecting real people. People that are spending the same amount of time and effort as you. Why do you think you have the right to take from someone else?

    And are you really offended that someone would judge you based upon your actions?
    No, it isn't moot. How people act in a game, or even on an internet message board, says nothing about how they may act or might be like in real life. I've known RL people who like to troll other people on the internet, but if you sit down and have a beer with them, they are fantastic people. Take your head out of the sand please and get back to real life please. People like you have spent so much time playing computer games that you've lost perspective. Rolling Need in a LFR != someone being a bad person, especially considering the fact you don't know how they are like IRL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Haha, no man. We all know what a green item is. You keep repeating yourself to people and treating it like we're MAKING you repeat yourself. Problem is, you haven't actually given a reason yet. You justify your actions with selfish reasoning, but no one's asking you about the item. We're asking you why you're rolling need on it in the first place.
    I did give a reason. I've given it a few times already.

    You're contradicting the shit out of yourself over and over. "Its not worth much!" So don't roll need on it.
    How's it a contradiction when I say that the person is rolling on need just because they can, and not because the item is of any value? Seems like people can't read properly.

    You realize by viewing this thread (among countless other obvious methods) that those who're actually needing are the choice minority. Instead of doing something you KNOW may cause drama (Aka griefing, whether you want to admit it or not) just play along and be the team player. Everyone's got their own shit going on. Why not help make it as smooth as possible?
    The majority of the playerbase don't post or even read the forums. Most of the group would not give a damn about a green item. The majority of people here have lost perspective and are so uptight that they are complaining over a green item.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Sir, you are crying right now and were crying the first time you've written something here.
    Don't deflect from your crying now. =)

    If it is so trivial as you claim, there shouldn't be any kind of reason to need on them, yet you HAVE to need on them because obviously otherwise we wouldn't have this discussion. You say they are worthless and trivial, yet you NEED on them which invalidates your whole claim.
    Since when did it have to be non trivial for someone to roll need? As I said, the option is there... I can roll need because I can, not because I think the item actually has much value (because it doesn't). It doesn't invalidate anything, you are making stuff up, making out I'm saying one thing when I am saying another.

    Do you really think most people are rolling need for it because they "need" it? How naive are you?

    The speed it adds up isn't important, it adds up and they drop quite frequently. During a single LFD alone you usually have severel drop. The person needing on all of them walks out of the dungeon with 100-200 extra gold. Don't give me the whole "they're worthless" you needing on them invalidates that claim and clearly show that you are lying through your teeth.
    Bullcrap. I'm not talking about LFD, I am talking about LFR. Let's do the math:

    Assume 4 greens drop per run, and each green is 20 gold.
    Assume everyone is rolling greed.

    There is a 1/25 (or a 4%) chance of getting 20 gold. There is a (1/25)^4 chance to win all four items. Which amounts to a 0.000256% chance of winning 80 gold. Thus, giving you the most inefficient method of gold farming. So don't tell me it adds up quickly or some other kind of crap, because the odds are stacked against you and the math shows it hardly a drop in the ocean. You get more gold on those bags, or doing dailies. But I suppose I'm lying through my teeth, the math must be lying too!

    Oh please, you can't have both. First you say they are worthless, than you admit people do it for the extra gold. Mind deciding on either one? Either they are worthless and there is no need for you to be a douchebag or they are worth something you have to need on them and we have to rid ourselves of you.
    Yes you can. They are relatively worthless, but it's free gold. Whether someone rolls need on it or not is inconsequential. It doesn't matter. It doesn't affect your gameplay. It's just you whining over 15 - 30g.

    No you are a thieve and douchebag because you deprave the rest of the group of their chance at the item you're ninjaing. And your advice goes right back to you, if you need the gold the item rewards so badly you can go do quests instead, but ofc you can't be bothered to do that.
    You don't know me IRL, and are judging me for "ninjaing" something of extremely small value. Something which you may not get anyway!

    You're obviously the biggest crybaby here because you're calling everyone who disagrees with you a douchebag.

  3. #423
    Mechagnome MeHMeH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    right over mjah!
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The definition of a ninja looter is someone who is masterlooting items to himself without abiding the loot rules that were agreed to at the beginning of the raid. Technically you cant ninja loot unless you are using master looter.

    Waiting to see if everyone else rolls greed on an item and then rolling need to win the item because you either want to take it(like lockboxes or orbs) or because you think the other people dont think the item is important enough to need on doesnt really have a name. Neither does needing for offspec when a main spec character needs an item.

    All Blizzard's statement says is that hitting the need button when it is available isnt breaking the rules of the game. Its like saying carrying a stereo out of a store doesnt break the laws of physics. But if you dont pay for it its stealing. Needing on boes that you obviously dont need breaks the social rules of the game that agree that its only fair that everyone has a chance to win unusable items to make gold of of.
    And so the same rules apply for kicking! There is an option for kicking, im using it to vote to kick some random guy who needs greens. Am i at fault? no! Its made like this by blizzard so i can kick annyone for anny reason i please.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

  4. #424
    The Patient Lana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    seoul
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    False, you were QQing. You came into this thread to QQ about all those mean people kicking "your friends" from LFR just because they're ninjas. How dare they!

    What kind of tinfoil hat theory is that? Nobody ever claimed anything remotely close to that. And how people judge someone is completly up to them. You wouldn't argue that the kid stealing from a store is actually a nice guy and how dare the shop owner disliking it because it's only a few dollars worth the kid was stealing! By your logic stealing isn't bad as long as you steal small ammounts and people disliking it are obviously uptight and just want to stirr shit up.

    The loot system was introduced back in Wotlk and hardly ever reworked since then, it's the same reason why Warriors/Paladins can still roll need on agility stuff and I as resto shaman could roll on strenght items. Items that do not benefit me in any kind of way. Because Blizzard couldn't be bothered to update it so far.

    This isn't about "the good and the bad" it's about common courtesy, decency and not being an egoistic douchebag. A great many people don't want to play with those and if they don't want you can't force them. If you or your "friends" are kicked for your behavior you should rethink what you are doing and stop crying about the people not wanting you in their groups.
    okay, it's pointless trying to argue a point to someone who can't seem to comprehend what i'm trying to say. y'all have fun getting bent out of shape over people crossing these imaginary social rules constructed in the minds of a community of players who don't care about the way the game company intended their game to be played. people will continue to have fun with the game on your behalf, trust me.
    Sig by Populaire

  5. #425
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,219
    So your question is why do people care that someone needs on something he doesn't need?

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 08:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The definition of a ninja looter is someone who is masterlooting items to himself without abiding the loot rules that were agreed to at the beginning of the raid. Technically you cant ninja loot unless you are using master looter.

    Waiting to see if everyone else rolls greed on an item and then rolling need to win the item because you either want to take it(like lockboxes or orbs) or because you think the other people dont think the item is important enough to need on doesnt really have a name. Neither does needing for offspec when a main spec character needs an item.

    All Blizzard's statement says is that hitting the need button when it is available isnt breaking the rules of the game. Its like saying carrying a stereo out of a store doesnt break the laws of physics. But if you dont pay for it its stealing. Needing on boes that you obviously dont need breaks the social rules of the game that agree that its only fair that everyone has a chance to win unusable items to make gold of of.
    I don't care about that definition, that is bullcrap.

    If something drops in a 5-man dungeon there are certain unwritten rules we have about who it goes to, and if a heal paladin needs on a piece of plate tank gear he ninjas it from the actual tank. Period.

  6. #426
    A GREEN ITEM. Its not like it was a blue or even an epic. It was GREEN. Why anyone would get upset and demand to boot the guy because of that is just beyond me.
    Using that same logic, if it has no value, why would *anyone* ninja it? Think of it this way. How many gold drops in a typical raid in greens? 50? 100? Now, multiply that number by every lfr you've ran in mop. Now, who were you saying has too much of an entitlement feeling? The people who kick for ninja dick moves? Give me a break.

    I never initiate a kick for a ninja on greens, but I'll sure as heck vote in favor of a kick.

  7. #427
    Herald of the Titans b2121945's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EUSSR
    Posts
    2,788
    You have a right to ninja green item. I have a right to votekick you for being a greedy douchebag. It's few seconds for me to initiate vote kick. For you it's usually more than 40 minutes.

  8. #428
    @Heidelstein
    You don't know me IRL, and are judging me for "ninjaing" something of extremely small value. Something which you may not get anyway!

    You're obviously the biggest crybaby here because you're calling everyone who disagrees with you a douchebag.
    people don't give a fuck who you are in real life,if you act like a douche in game you'll be judged like a douche.
    a green item is something of extremely small value,but 'respect'..how long has it been since this word crossed your mind?seeing your posts I wonder if it ever did.
    This thing called respect has a bit more value then a green item,and when you decide you somehow deserve this item more then the rest of your raid group you step all over it.

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Yes. That's why people who steal a wad of gum don't get years in jail, unlike armed robbers holding up a bank.

    1 <---- You.
    0 <---- Perspective.

    Get some.



    Because it's a green and nigh on worthless?

    We should tar and feather people who steal pocket lint.

    guess you have missed that several states have 3 strikes laws on the book, And the courts can charge you with felony petty theft for such trivial things like a pack of gum or in this case

    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr...-thief20120424

    Soda from a machine at mcdonalds worth no more than a dollar at the most. We have a case in California also high lighted in the story above where stealing a slice of pizza gave you a life sentence.

    So yes small petty crimes do in some cases end up being turned into a life sentence or a sentence that is basically armed robbery of a 7-11.

  10. #430
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,039
    Doesn't really matter in the end. Cause the group removed the OP due to what they probably regarded a douche bag behavior and then he comes to MMO to make this thread. I'm still not entirely sure, why he made this thread?

    Was it to QQ about getting booted?

    Was it to discuss something that in the end doesn't matter, seeing that every LFR/LFD group will react differently to such behavior?

    End of the day, the OP was a douche and got kicked GG.

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    @Heidelstein
    people don't give a fuck who you are in real life,if you act like a douche in game you'll be judged like a douche.
    That just means people are too judgemental and need to HTFU.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    guess you have missed that several states have 3 strikes laws on the book, And the courts can charge you with felony petty theft for such trivial things like a pack of gum or in this case

    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr...-thief20120424

    Soda from a machine at mcdonalds worth no more than a dollar at the most. We have a case in California also high lighted in the story above where stealing a slice of pizza gave you a life sentence.

    So yes small petty crimes do in some cases end up being turned into a life sentence or a sentence that is basically armed robbery of a 7-11.
    I don't live in the US where weed users get locked with with murders and rapists. If anything that highlights what a joke your justice system is. Life for a pizza slice stolen? Get real. Do you know how much it costs for the system to process such a person, how much it costs to keep them in jail? Significantly much more than a pizza slice. It's going out of your pocket too. Any rational judge isn't going to sentence someone to life in jail for something so minor.

    So no, I didn't "miss" anything. I don't steal gum and such IRL because it's illegal. Needing on greens is not illegal, and comparing that to a real life crime is so stupid that it merits not taking your arguments seriously.
    Last edited by Heidelstein; 2013-02-24 at 11:54 AM.

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    ...yeah, that doesn't apply here. i didn't qq about anything so not sure where you were going with that by quoting me.

    needing is a usable function in game, period. are people really so paranoid to think blizzard maintains the need function in lfr for mindgames, allowing players to differentiate the bad from the good? i just don't get it. some folks need to reevaluate the way that they judge players for their actions.
    So you are fine with a dps needing on tank gear and dropping out of a instance? It is within the rules of the game. Going by what you have been saying this is another way WoW is meant to be played. Listen just because you can do stuff within the rules of the game and not get in trouble for it doesn't mean you aren't a jerk. Also rolling greed to feel like a superior player....no, just no. I roll greed cause in my mind it is the right thing to do. Are there unwritten rules in WoW, yes much more so in the past since there was community servers and going by what you are saying, you would defend ninja looters of the past cause they would playing the game the way it was intended to in the past.

  13. #433
    Pit Lord Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,453
    On my old server before LFG/LFR even existed, the general rule was need on everything you can or miss out.
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    That just means people are too judgemental and need to HTFU.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:54 PM ----------



    I don't live in the US where weed users get locked with with murders and rapists. If anything that highlights what a joke your justice system is. Life for a pizza slice stolen? Get real. Do you know how much it costs for the system to process such a person, how much it costs to keep them in jail? Significantly much more than a pizza slice. It's going out of your pocket too. Any rational judge isn't going to sentence someone to life in jail for something so minor.

    So no, I didn't "miss" anything. I don't steal gum and such IRL because it's illegal. Needing on greens is not illegal, and comparing that to a real life crime is so stupid that it merits not taking your arguments seriously.
    Did you read the story or his post at all? Lets not make it sound like ANYWHERE in the US and you steal a pizza you get life in jail. First off, only certain states in the US have a 3 strikes law. Meaning that guy who stole that pizza did crimes in the past. While I do agree that the 3 strikes law needs to be fixed, that person KNEW that he would get sentence for that. It isn't like he did it one day and was SURPRISED he was getting life. So layoff the borderline country bashing. With each post, it seems like you become the worse person to defend people needing greens when you talk about they shouldn't be judged by their online actions. If these people are like you, then maybe I should decide to vote yes. Oh if you care to know my stance, I found that while I don't like the fact that they needed on greens, I would never start a vote kick cause it isn't a huge enough deal.

  15. #435
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,228
    I HATE when people need on stupid stuff. It's like stealing candy from a baby. They know they have no competition on such rolls unless called out for. If you keep needing on greens/lockboxes whatever. Then what's the use to do random dungeons/raids AT ALL for people besides a small chance on loot? The greens are what actually kind of pay your bills too.

    And yeah, I get butthurt too when people roll need on greens. Unless they ask so, randomly needing on stuff while you OBVIOUSLY don't need it is just a douche move. And yeah, I've asked for multiple kicks too for people who did that.

  16. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    That just means people are too judgemental and need to HTFU.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:54 PM ----------



    I don't live in the US where weed users get locked with with murders and rapists. If anything that highlights what a joke your justice system is. Life for a pizza slice stolen? Get real. Do you know how much it costs for the system to process such a person, how much it costs to keep them in jail? Significantly much more than a pizza slice. It's going out of your pocket too. Any rational judge isn't going to sentence someone to life in jail for something so minor.

    So no, I didn't "miss" anything. I don't steal gum and such IRL because it's illegal. Needing on greens is not illegal, and comparing that to a real life crime is so stupid that it merits not taking your arguments seriously.
    Heidelstein:

    Its almost impossible to pass logic among some posters. They dont get the logic of the game being a system where fairness has been built into it through and through. The system is there for a reason, and needing on greens isnt a reason someone should be kicked from an LFR raid, let alone random dungeons.

    Its petty. Its pathetic. Its down right stupid to make a fuss about an item worth 9-25g at the max. It just makes those people look like greedy whores who act like that in those types of environments.

    The fact of the matter is, the option is there to need or greed, and whether that person needs the item or not, its not up to other people in the raid to judge whether or not they in fact need it. It just goes back to the control of communist type governments have on its citizens (to use one of many examples). Those types of govts tell their citizens what they need and dont need.

    Guess what everyone, I play this game to have fun, not to be told what I am allowd to need on or not. Grow up and get a life.

  17. #437
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

    Guess what everyone, I play this game to have fun, not to be told what I am allowd to need on or not. Grow up and get a life.
    I don't understand how you can't see that the attitude you're displaying is pretty anti social. I mean, isn't it just common decency to be well.. decent, and allow everyone the same chance at an item by rolling greed, then its all fair everyone gets a go, rather than clicking need, and those that can't click need because of armor specifics are being done out of a chance.

    It's not about the fact its only a green item and is worth very little, it's the principle behind it, You wouldn't cheat someone out of their chance to win something in real life would you?

    Maybe I was brought up differently, but I was brought up to respect other people and be kind and polite and the difference between right and wrong, and I think rolling need on items, that not everyone can need on, hence removing them from having a fair chance at winning said item, is wrong.

    Each to their own though, but I don't suffer people that are like that, because if everyone were like that the world would be even worse off than it is right now. Thats my opinion on it, I guess we should just agree to disagree, but it makes me sad in way that people treat others with such little respect.

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Heidelstein:

    Its almost impossible to pass logic among some posters. They dont get the logic of the game being a system where fairness has been built into it through and through. The system is there for a reason, and needing on greens isnt a reason someone should be kicked from an LFR raid, let alone random dungeons.

    Its petty. Its pathetic. Its down right stupid to make a fuss about an item worth 9-25g at the max. It just makes those people look like greedy whores who act like that in those types of environments.

    The fact of the matter is, the option is there to need or greed, and whether that person needs the item or not, its not up to other people in the raid to judge whether or not they in fact need it. It just goes back to the control of communist type governments have on its citizens (to use one of many examples). Those types of govts tell their citizens what they need and dont need.

    Guess what everyone, I play this game to have fun, not to be told what I am allowd to need on or not. Grow up and get a life.
    Guess what, everyone else is playing this game to have fun too. Blizzard put in the vote kick option so the community can decide what they think is right or not. If you're getting kicked for needing on greens the majority decided they won't put up with your crap.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its petty. Its pathetic. Its down right stupid to make a fuss about an item worth 9-25g at the max. It just makes those people look like greedy whores who act like that in those types of environments.
    So is/does needing on greens

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    No, it isn't moot. How people act in a game, or even on an internet message board, says nothing about how they may act or might be like in real life. I've known RL people who like to troll other people on the internet, but if you sit down and have a beer with them, they are fantastic people. Take your head out of the sand please and get back to real life please. People like you have spent so much time playing computer games that you've lost perspective. Rolling Need in a LFR != someone being a bad person, especially considering the fact you don't know how they are like IRL.
    Then they are assholes who control themselves in real life for fear of the consequences. If they troll others, they take pleasure in aggravating and causing frustration to others; you can't do that without there being a part of you that delights in the suffering (however minor) of others. That means they're either unable to conceptualize people on the internet as real people, or they don't care about people who can't affect them (ie when there are no consequences).

    It's an unethical thing to do, but not something I'd usually bother votekicking over. However, it would make me refuse any request they make unless it serves my interests as well (they've already demonstrated they care only about their interests, so I have no reason to care about theirs unless they coincide with my own).

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 06:37 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The fact of the matter is, the option is there to need or greed, and whether that person needs the item or not, its not up to other people in the raid to judge whether or not they in fact need it. It just goes back to the control of communist type governments have on its citizens (to use one of many examples). Those types of govts tell their citizens what they need and dont need.

    Guess what everyone, I play this game to have fun, not to be told what I am allowd to need on or not. Grow up and get a life.
    Translation: Might makes right. Because I can do it, it is right and acceptable that I do it, and the opinions of others mean nothing to me.

    This is why I generally tell everyone in groups I'm in to need on everything; if people try to be nice, all it takes is one person like Jaylock needing on things to screw everyone else over. The only way for everyone to protect themselves is for us all to be just as selfish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •