Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Doesn't really matter in the end. Cause the group removed the OP due to what they probably regarded a douche bag behavior and then he comes to MMO to make this thread. I'm still not entirely sure, why he made this thread?

Was it to QQ about getting booted?

Was it to discuss something that in the end doesn't matter, seeing that every LFR/LFD group will react differently to such behavior?

End of the day, the OP was a douche and got kicked GG.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    @Heidelstein
    people don't give a fuck who you are in real life,if you act like a douche in game you'll be judged like a douche.
    That just means people are too judgemental and need to HTFU.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    guess you have missed that several states have 3 strikes laws on the book, And the courts can charge you with felony petty theft for such trivial things like a pack of gum or in this case

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr...-thief20120424

Soda from a machine at mcdonalds worth no more than a dollar at the most. We have a case in California also high lighted in the story above where stealing a slice of pizza gave you a life sentence.

So yes small petty crimes do in some cases end up being turned into a life sentence or a sentence that is basically armed robbery of a 7-11.
    I don't live in the US where weed users get locked with with murders and rapists. If anything that highlights what a joke your justice system is. Life for a pizza slice stolen? Get real. Do you know how much it costs for the system to process such a person, how much it costs to keep them in jail? Significantly much more than a pizza slice. It's going out of your pocket too. Any rational judge isn't going to sentence someone to life in jail for something so minor.

So no, I didn't "miss" anything. I don't steal gum and such IRL because it's illegal. Needing on greens is not illegal, and comparing that to a real life crime is so stupid that it merits not taking your arguments seriously.
    Last edited by Burgerberg; 2013-02-24 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    ...yeah, that doesn't apply here. i didn't qq about anything so not sure where you were going with that by quoting me.

needing is a usable function in game, period. are people really so paranoid to think blizzard maintains the need function in lfr for mindgames, allowing players to differentiate the bad from the good? i just don't get it. some folks need to reevaluate the way that they judge players for their actions.
    So you are fine with a dps needing on tank gear and dropping out of a instance? It is within the rules of the game. Going by what you have been saying this is another way WoW is meant to be played. Listen just because you can do stuff within the rules of the game and not get in trouble for it doesn't mean you aren't a jerk. Also rolling greed to feel like a superior player....no, just no. I roll greed cause in my mind it is the right thing to do. Are there unwritten rules in WoW, yes much more so in the past since there was community servers and going by what you are saying, you would defend ninja looters of the past cause they would playing the game the way it was intended to in the past.

On my old server before LFG/LFR even existed, the general rule was need on everything you can or miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post

I don't live in the US where weed users get locked with with murders and rapists. If anything that highlights what a joke your justice system is. Life for a pizza slice stolen? Get real. Do you know how much it costs for the system to process such a person, how much it costs to keep them in jail? Significantly much more than a pizza slice. It's going out of your pocket too. Any rational judge isn't going to sentence someone to life in jail for something so minor.

So no, I didn't "miss" anything. I don't steal gum and such IRL because it's illegal. Needing on greens is not illegal, and comparing that to a real life crime is so stupid that it merits not taking your arguments seriously.
    Did you read the story or his post at all? Lets not make it sound like ANYWHERE in the US and you steal a pizza you get life in jail. First off, only certain states in the US have a 3 strikes law. Meaning that guy who stole that pizza did crimes in the past. While I do agree that the 3 strikes law needs to be fixed, that person KNEW that he would get sentence for that. It isn't like he did it one day and was SURPRISED he was getting life. So layoff the borderline country bashing. With each post, it seems like you become the worse person to defend people needing greens when you talk about they shouldn't be judged by their online actions. If these people are like you, then maybe I should decide to vote yes. Oh if you care to know my stance, I found that while I don't like the fact that they needed on greens, I would never start a vote kick cause it isn't a huge enough deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I HATE when people need on stupid stuff. It's like stealing candy from a baby. They know they have no competition on such rolls unless called out for. If you keep needing on greens/lockboxes whatever. Then what's the use to do random dungeons/raids AT ALL for people besides a small chance on loot? The greens are what actually kind of pay your bills too.

And yeah, I get butthurt too when people roll need on greens. Unless they ask so, randomly needing on stuff while you OBVIOUSLY don't need it is just a douche move. And yeah, I've asked for multiple kicks too for people who did that.

10+ Year Old Account

Heidelstein:

Its almost impossible to pass logic among some posters. They dont get the logic of the game being a system where fairness has been built into it through and through. The system is there for a reason, and needing on greens isnt a reason someone should be kicked from an LFR raid, let alone random dungeons.

Its petty. Its pathetic. Its down right stupid to make a fuss about an item worth 9-25g at the max. It just makes those people look like greedy whores who act like that in those types of environments.

The fact of the matter is, the option is there to need or greed, and whether that person needs the item or not, its not up to other people in the raid to judge whether or not they in fact need it. It just goes back to the control of communist type governments have on its citizens (to use one of many examples). Those types of govts tell their citizens what they need and dont need.

Guess what everyone, I play this game to have fun, not to be told what I am allowd to need on or not. Grow up and get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Guess what everyone, I play this game to have fun, not to be told what I am allowd to need on or not. Grow up and get a life.
    I don't understand how you can't see that the attitude you're displaying is pretty anti social. I mean, isn't it just common decency to be well.. decent, and allow everyone the same chance at an item by rolling greed, then its all fair everyone gets a go, rather than clicking need, and those that can't click need because of armor specifics are being done out of a chance.

It's not about the fact its only a green item and is worth very little, it's the principle behind it, You wouldn't cheat someone out of their chance to win something in real life would you?

Maybe I was brought up differently, but I was brought up to respect other people and be kind and polite and the difference between right and wrong, and I think rolling need on items, that not everyone can need on, hence removing them from having a fair chance at winning said item, is wrong.

Each to their own though, but I don't suffer people that are like that, because if everyone were like that the world would be even worse off than it is right now. Thats my opinion on it, I guess we should just agree to disagree, but it makes me sad in way that people treat others with such little respect.

Heidelstein:

Its almost impossible to pass logic among some posters. They dont get the logic of the game being a system where fairness has been built into it through and through. The system is there for a reason, and needing on greens isnt a reason someone should be kicked from an LFR raid, let alone random dungeons.

Its petty. Its pathetic. Its down right stupid to make a fuss about an item worth 9-25g at the max. It just makes those people look like greedy whores who act like that in those types of environments.

The fact of the matter is, the option is there to need or greed, and whether that person needs the item or not, its not up to other people in the raid to judge whether or not they in fact need it. It just goes back to the control of communist type governments have on its citizens (to use one of many examples). Those types of govts tell their citizens what they need and dont need.

Guess what, everyone else is playing this game to have fun too. Blizzard put in the vote kick option so the community can decide what they think is right or not. If you're getting kicked for needing on greens the majority decided they won't put up with your crap.

So is/does needing on greens

No, it isn't moot. How people act in a game, or even on an internet message board, says nothing about how they may act or might be like in real life. I've known RL people who like to troll other people on the internet, but if you sit down and have a beer with them, they are fantastic people. Take your head out of the sand please and get back to real life please. People like you have spent so much time playing computer games that you've lost perspective. Rolling Need in a LFR != someone being a bad person, especially considering the fact you don't know how they are like IRL.
    Then they are assholes who control themselves in real life for fear of the consequences. If they troll others, they take pleasure in aggravating and causing frustration to others; you can't do that without there being a part of you that delights in the suffering (however minor) of others. That means they're either unable to conceptualize people on the internet as real people, or they don't care about people who can't affect them (ie when there are no consequences).

It's an unethical thing to do, but not something I'd usually bother votekicking over. However, it would make me refuse any request they make unless it serves my interests as well (they've already demonstrated they care only about their interests, so I have no reason to care about theirs unless they coincide with my own).

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 06:37 AM ----------

Translation: Might makes right. Because I can do it, it is right and acceptable that I do it, and the opinions of others mean nothing to me.

This is why I generally tell everyone in groups I'm in to need on everything; if people try to be nice, all it takes is one person like Jaylock needing on things to screw everyone else over. The only way for everyone to protect themselves is for us all to be just as selfish.

I have only seen ppl booted for this once. It was after a boss kill and the normal few ppl drop so as we cleared trash to the next boss somebody needed the greens. Since there was a rare downtime in combat as we waited to fill back up the group kicked them. Normally you are too close to just finishing combat, in combat or a loot roll is going on so you can't kick anybody. This is one of the reasons ppl do it. I wouldn't vote to kick them but I have no issue with ppl tossing whoever more or less steals from the group if they want to.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is, more than one person will roll need on them. Then the guy who wins it - who may not have been the first to roll need - gets railed for it?

It's asinine.

Deleted
    Yeah I've been called everything and people wanting to boot me from LFR for needing on Greens, I still do it, I mean why not? it isn't like people need them and if we would do the same on a purple item if it dropped, we couldnt anyway because LFR doesn't work like that. But they are greens! Its vendor loot, If people don't like it they should need on them too. Im sure most of them don't realise they are part of a profession so sometimes it can be genuinely needed on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I don't understand how you can't see that the attitude you're displaying is pretty anti social. I mean, isn't it just common decency to be well.. decent, and allow everyone the same chance at an item by rolling greed, then its all fair everyone gets a go, rather than clicking need, and those that can't click need because of armor specifics are being done out of a chance.

It's not about the fact its only a green item and is worth very little, it's the principle behind it, You wouldn't cheat someone out of their chance to win something in real life would you?

Maybe I was brought up differently, but I was brought up to respect other people and be kind and polite and the difference between right and wrong, and I think rolling need on items, that not everyone can need on, hence removing them from having a fair chance at winning said item, is wrong.

Each to their own though, but I don't suffer people that are like that, because if everyone were like that the world would be even worse off than it is right now. Thats my opinion on it, I guess we should just agree to disagree, but it makes me sad in way that people treat others with such little respect.
    But what you are not seeing is that when it comes right down to it, this is a game. If you play it like a single player game, like how it has been turning into with all these "conveniences of life" that blizz has added to the game (in the form of LFR, LFD, CRZ, taking group quests out of the game, taking elite mobs out of the game, giving no incentive to group up anymore), what it comes down to is just that: A single player game.

When someone solo queues for LFR, for all they know, there are 24 other robots in the instance with them, and they are rolling against the computer. So the need option is the most logical option they would choose, especially if they really needed the extra gold / enchanting mats, hell, even need it to wear. Its not about treating other people with respect, because that was long gone when blizz decided it would be a bright idea to make the game an anonymous single player game.

I again refer to the fact that I said that I do not necessarily condone the practice of needing on greens, but I do frown upon those who make an uproar about it and get so upset as to vote kick someone out of a raid where they have chosen to participate for their entertainment for the night.

Again, its not the needing on greens, its the attitude of those who post: "OMG DAT GUY NED ON GREEN WE SHULD BOOT FROM RAID!"

the fact of the matter is. if you are 470 ilvl and inside a raid with 24 other people. you shouldnt be needing on greens because.. you dont need them!. you may want them to sell for 6 gold or to DE. but dont be surprised if you get kicked for being a greedy fuck. blues are 463 ilvl.. greens are lower..

saw the same story happen with lockboxes.. oh and the 476 epic str necklace boe dropped. 8 people needed on it.. some ret pally actually could use it.. but guess who won lol.. the holy pally.. who turned it from a boe into a bop.

humans are greedy in nature.. its good to call them out and kick them. if you are so desperate for 6gold go do a quest or something. lol

But what you are not seeing is that when it comes right down to it, this is a game. If you play it like a single player game, like how it has been turning into with all these "conveniences of life" that blizz has added to the game (in the form of LFR, LFD, CRZ, taking group quests out of the game, taking elite mobs out of the game, giving no incentive to group up anymore), what it comes down to is just that: A single player game.

When someone solo queues for LFR, for all they know, there are 24 other robots in the instance with them, and they are rolling against the computer. So the need option is the most logical option they would choose, especially if they really needed the extra gold / enchanting mats, hell, even need it to wear. Its not about treating other people with respect, because that was long gone when blizz decided it would be a bright idea to make the game an anonymous single player game.

I again refer to the fact that I said that I do not necessarily condone the practice of needing on greens, but I do frown upon those who make an uproar about it and get so upset as to vote kick someone out of a raid where they have chosen to participate for their entertainment for the night.

Again, its not the needing on greens, its the attitude of those who post: "OMG DAT GUY NED ON GREEN WE SHULD BOOT FROM RAID!"
    And thats the issue though, these individuals think this way because -they- personally view the game this way, as a means of justifying their actions (needing on items thus removing the fairness) It's not the games fault, I have been here since late vanilla, and have always had the same outlook towards the game in respects to how I treat the other people that play, that hasn't changed even though the game has.

So again it's down to individuals, to realise that what they are doing is not ok.

The vote kick you can think of as similar to this:

When a child does something wrong, you punish them, whether that be putting them on the naughty step to think about what they did and why they are there. Or by removing an item they love (pc/tv/bike etc) for a period of time, to show that their are repercussions for doing wrong.

By needing on an item, that you don't truly need but just because you have no respect for the other 24 people, you will be vote kicked to show that this behavior is not ok.

If people aren't discouraged from bad behavior then they never learn to be better people. I agree greens aren't worth fuss, but this behavior if allowed to continue, can lead to other situations where it's perhaps a rare item or an epic, or some other item that maybe one day you truly need and tough cookies cause some person clicked need just because they could.

We teach people how to spec, how to keybind, how to find answers to their questions by giving them the tools, I think kicking people that have superiority complexes feeling like its ok to do 24 others out of a chance of an item is the only thing we have at our desposal in game that actually has a an effect on them, however small it may be. Teaches them it's not ok to be -that- person. *shrugs*

It's not something that keeps me up at night of course But I do have an opinion on it, and well you asked for opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    Yeah I've been called everything and people wanting to boot me from LFR for needing on Greens, I still do it, I mean why not? it isn't like people need them and if we would do the same on a purple item if it dropped, we couldnt anyway because LFR doesn't work like that. But they are greens! Its vendor loot, If people don't like it they should need on them too. Im sure most of them don't realise they are part of a profession so sometimes it can be genuinely needed on.
    I never needed on a purple just to sell it off. You say it is not like people need them....but yet you and others who need on greens need them. People don't need on said items because it in their opinion it is wrong. People who IMO need take advantage of the group knowing that most people will greed. You can't say no one needs them when you need it. TBH I did wish everyone would just need that way it just negates all this talk.

People say it is one green item, it is 10-30g. How often does a LFR drop just 1 green? Essentially people who need on greens can easily make IMO 50-200g depending on how many greens drop,what kind of greens are there and if no one but that one guy needs. I just don't see how some people don't view it as wrong or believe that if you kick a person for needing, they are even more greedy. That doesn't even make sense, if I was more greedy, I would just NEED to increase my chances of getting said gold. I simply don't understand that logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care whether people need on it, as far as I'm concerned they might actually nned the extra gold. I don't care anyway as long as it's not cluttering my bag....
    Not a reason to kick people anyway in my opinion.... since it's not your business to decide whether someone needs it or not....

While I wouldn't go out of the way to initiate a kick, I will click 'Yes' when the option to pops up to me.

People NEED greens because they see no ill consequence from doing so even when every one else GREEDS; clearly the majority of the player base disagrees and thinks it bad etiquette. Hence, they need to be taught a nice little lesson on how to play with others in a social game.

If they mis-clicked, too bad. Mistakes happen and you can still get effed over for making them.