Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not about the value of the item, it's about principles. People in general hates ninjas and ppl that take advantage in unfair ways. If they do it once they might aswell do it more times. I would be much more tolerable with ppl on my own realm. But in LFR i just assume that everyone rolling in a situation like the above are assholes. Sadly i've seen too many examples of ppl needing on green after green and even blues/epics they wont even use.

the things i have seen people need on the most are then things every1 can need on like weapons,ring,trinkets and lockboxes

Saying its ok to steal is like saying go ahead rob that bank no problem go steal that car with a baby in the back seat its NOT ok to steal any item even if its green its time people start being head accountable for there actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I did a trial of tests to see how prevailent booting at the first sight of taking greens. Here are my results:

All trials took place in the first part of HoF, as this is the place where the likelyhood of trash greens dropping are the highest (a lot of trash)

I ran this trash 10 times for purposes of the trial (healer = instant queues):

7 out of 10 times someone said something about me needing on the green.

of those 7 times, I was booted 5 times.

The other 5 times I went on to kill the first boss with the LFR group.

So 5 out of 10 times, i was booted from the group for needing on a Green. Seems like the community is rather divided, but personally I see it as 5 out of 10 times, jerks are so worried about a fricken green that they go out of the way to call someone out and get them booted. I also instantly inspected the people who first called me out, and as i suspected, 6 out of the 7 people who first called me out were undergeared baddies wearing pvp gear and greens themselves. Only 1 of them were wearing decent epicd out gear.

Quite frankly this is just amazing. Over a GREEN.
    All you're doing in this thread is coming off as selfish. You said yourself that you got kicked half the time. That should tell you that people do care when you need on something you don't really need. You can argue semantics all you want but noone really "needs" a green for enchanting or gold.

Deleted
    I hate when people do it, especially with Lock Boxes, it's disrespectful to the others in the raid. But I don't kick up a fuss about it, rarely anyone takes your side in LFR even when you have the right intentions.

Deleted
    OP sounds far too pissed off at the 3 people who wanted the player kicked so I'm guessing it was th op that was kicked for needing on greens. Either way as someone else has said who cares what the item was that was stolen it's the principle that matters.

it's the principle
    sounds like it was you
    I have done it would do it again in a sec

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    I votekick people needing on lockboxes and ask others to do the same. This should be a common thing in the community.

Green items? If it's an upgrade (unlikely) or /need was an accident (more likely) then no.
    The same DeathKnight named "árthäzdklulz" needrolling on every green item that drops? Bye bye...
    Why do you kick people for rolling need on lockboxes ?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Why do you kick people for rolling need on lockboxes ?
    Are you asking why on lockboxes (Because they are the same as greens. No one NEEDS them), or are you asking why they singled out lockboxes as being a worse offender? (Because, again, they are the same as greens.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Saying its ok to steal is like saying go ahead rob that bank no problem go steal that car with a baby in the back seat its NOT ok to steal any item even if its green its time people start being head accountable for there actions.
    When everyone has the option to select need, it isn't stealing...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Are you asking why on lockboxes (Because they are the same as greens. No one NEEDS them), or are you asking why they singled out lockboxes as being a worse offender? (Because, again, they are the same as greens.)
    Do you know how much gold you could make from just a single lockbox? I'd rather need on it than risk some random guy winning it and vendoring/deleting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it's been said somewhere, but can you even need on epics that drop in LFR?

I know you can't need a BoE epic that drops in a LFD, I would imagine it was the same for LFR.
    Lightninghoof - US : @WoWNivan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    I know you can't need a BoE epic that drops in a LFD, I would imagine it was the same for LFR.
    I'm pretty sure you can, but they become soulbound if you win them by rolling 'need'

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Half the fun of Jaylock threads is trying to guess which side he is going to take based off of the thread title and nothing more.

Given his past stances on various topics he has started, I was fully expecting him to take the position that if someone needs on a green in a raid, LFR or otherwise, it is only for your vendor spec, which makes you a complete douche, and that behavior shouldn't be rewarded == kick.

But nope, he took a position so far from that my mind is now blown!
    My thoughts too - usually his threads are much more interesting and controversial - maybe the love fest has got to him

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can, but they become soulbound if you win them by rolling 'need'
    yep that's true so if you want to sell a nice transmog item on the ah you need to win it with a greed roll

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    I'm sure it's been said somewhere, but can you even need on epics that drop in LFR?

Boe items can be needed but they become soulbound.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if the color / ilvl or anything else related has squat to do with it, see if you can locate and dicifer the difference:

1: Need
    Per default as it's always been you greedy fucks, needing means it's an item that's a direct upgrade to any item your character has equipped.

2: Greed
    Per default as it's always been you greedy fucks, greeding means it can be vendored / AH'd, used as a direct upgrade or for your characters off-spec.

Is the community to blame for the extreme retardation that's been flourishing and taking high seat since the start of Wrath?- no, you can pass that "badge of honor" to blizzard for removing the barrier's that ensured or more co-operative gaming environment, since their the ones claiming ignorance on the outcome of their lackluster direction..!

Deleted
    the need b greed system is outadet.
    i only see a solution: when a loot window pops,only two options:

a) i want it (for whatever reason, upgrade, for vendoring, disenchant, whatever)
    b) i don´t want it.

that´s it, no more loot drama.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Do you know how much gold you could make from just a single lockbox? I'd rather need on it than risk some random guy winning it and vendoring/deleting it.
    And then you get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I really have to ask. Jaylock, why do you create these kinds of threads? When you create a thread, you tend to already have your mind made up about which side of the thread you are on. You then go on to defend that side, passionately... almost to the point of being blind to any opposing view point. From what I have seen, you don't tend to accept opposing viewpoints either. It's almost like you are making threads simply to vent, or maybe just to get a reaction out of people. You are a curious entity, Jaylock. One day, we might understand where you are coming from or why you do the things you do. I think the saddest part of this, I won't get an answer... and someone will call me out for trying to derail the thread... Even though I have already offered my opinion on this subject in an earlier post.
    Doesnt tend to accept opposing views? I have never seen him accept an opposing view, 'tend to' denotes there is a possibility that he would.
    Tend to already have made up your mind? Again, 'tend to' would denote at least a small chance of it being possible.
    Of course he is making posts to vent, this is a simple case of, "I did things that people didn't like me doing and then they did something that I didn't like them doing (kicking me) so now I am going to come to the forums and scream about how I think its dickish for someone to kick me for doing something that they consider dickish. Only its me who did it so it can't possibly be bad behavior because I'm me and they are not!"

Its a Jaylockcentric world don't cha' know?