Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disgusting. My one trip to Florida had me swearing I'd never go back. I found one in my room on the 18th floor of a hotel, and then later that night was smacked in the head my a giant flying bug as we were walking to our car. They make gross noises when they die.

Had to share space with them in my youth. Very very unpleasant period of my life. They are now always KoS; no exceptions, no regard, no mercy.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    Havn't actually seen a big one yet only the small one. Step on it or kill it with something as nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    They are insects, they lived millions of years before us and will continue to live long after we are gone. I'm not gonna fight our soon to be overlords :P

More serious: I don't kill them if they are not in my house, there is no reason, no diseases, no bite, no sting, nothing. Let them crawl away.
    Living with roach infestations is NOT healthy. It can increase the chances an effect of respiratory issues for one. Furthermore, they CAN and WILL bight. It's not unheard of for the damn things to cause tissue damage inside the ear canal...especially if their food supply is running short.

The bottom line is they are a legitimate pest. It's not an "eww creepy" sort of need that should drive us to get rid of them.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Disgusting. My one trip to Florida had me swearing I'd never go back. I found one in my room on the 18th floor of a hotel, and then later that night was smacked in the head my a giant flying bug as we were walking to our car. They make gross noises when they die.
    Yeah I totally don't dig the flying ones.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Evolutionary marvel!

Anything that can live in vacuum for 45 minutes has my respect.

Deleted
    I've never seen one. We don't really have them in England because of the climate so I don't really have an opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah I totally don't dig the flying ones.
    I was a little bit of a basket case that night xD I was young and never really cared for bugs. Having one hit me square in the back of the head didn't scream "welcome to Florida". More like "get the fuck out while you still have a chance".

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a little bit of a basket case that night xD I was young and never really cared for bugs. Having one hit me square in the back of the head didn't scream "welcome to Florida".
    In Suriname I was sleeping in a room with hundreds of little beetles about the size of a marble flying around all night. They'd just bounce off my face and keep flying. Strangely that didn't bother me, but I think cockroaches would. They're just a totally different beast.

In Suriname I was sleeping in a room with hundreds of little beetles about the size of a marble flying around all night. They'd just bounce off my face and keep flying. Strangely that didn't bother me, but I think cockroaches would. They're just a totally different beast.
    I think it has to do with speed. There is something inherently more terrifying about a creature smaller than a quarter than can run at you faster than a grown man.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, that would totally bother me. I was in Rwanda where the inn came with bug nets over the beds. I don't think there were any mosquitoes in there but I couldn't sleep all night. Even the thought that there might be some...why the hell do bugs exist?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    they make my skin crawl. Not with fear, but disgust. Fortunately for me, I've never encountered one in the flesh.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    they make my skin crawl. Not with fear, but disgust. Fortunately for me, I've never encountered one in the flesh.
    I know what to get you for your birthday!

Deleted
    They say they're strong, but i've never seen one here in The Netherlands... are we clean or too stronk ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, that would totally bother me. I was in Rwanda where the inn came with bug nets over the beds. I don't think there were any mosquitoes in there but I couldn't sleep all night. Even the thought that there might be some...why the hell do bugs exist?!
    I always liked the big mosquito nets. I slept under one every night in Mozambique. I wish I'd had some in Suriname.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I know what to get you for your birthday!

/chars
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I hate them. Especially here, because the ones here are able to fly and like to divebomb you.

Deleted
    I hate bugs/cockroaches, with a passion. And ever since I moved to Brazil, I have been branded with loads of them, specially mosquitoes, and the species here seem to be bigger than what I was used to.
    Cockroaches = clear sign that something is dirty inside your house.
    Kill them on sight!

10+ Year Old Account
    I always liked the big mosquito nets. I slept under one every night in Mozambique. I wish I'd had some in Suriname.
    Oooh I haven't been there. Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda, but not Mozambique. You just stirred my lust for travel again. I haven't felt that in years!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Trust me, you'll love him. I'll just release him somewhere in your house and every once in awhile when you turn the lights on, you'll get to see him skitter away! Won't that be fun?!

I wish I had a pet cockroach kinda like the ones on Wow tho.