Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    Darius is easy to play agaist, he has no tools to escape and his E has a long cd and short range.
    His ultimate may seam op but that is because people are stupid and let him stack 5 stacks
    Everything you say here is 100% true in the bottom of the elo rankings.

    Simple fact of the matter is that if you ward like you should be doing you really don't have to worry about escaping as much as you seem to think. And in the situation when you do have to escape you should have your flash available.

    Darius should also be building tank instead of AD with the exception of a Maw of Malmortius. This means that even when you do get ganked you should have enough health to be able to walk back to your turret. And while you are walking back to your turret you can be using his spin thing to stack bleeds on your opponents. Once you get near your turret you should be safe because of the turret damage and the bleed damage. In case they keep preasuring you, if you are building right, you fight them under the turret, hook them into you to keep them in the turret and laugh at them as you lop their skulls off. This is what I do most of the times when I get ganked.

    As to people being too stupid to get away, you make it sound as if you can just walk away from him. 100% not the case. If you are up against a smart Darius you HAVE to burn your flash or die because he can just hook you in to keep stacking the bleeds before taking your head. This is why the ultimate got nerfed, because you NEED an escape mechanism to not die against anyone who has played Darius even a handful of times. And when you die to it, it resets so he has it next time you come to lane. Darius was one of the biggest pubstompers in the game.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Everything you say here is 100% true in the bottom of the elo rankings.

    Simple fact of the matter is that if you ward like you should be doing you really don't have to worry about escaping as much as you seem to think. And in the situation when you do have to escape you should have your flash available.

    Darius should also be building tank instead of AD with the exception of a Maw of Malmortius. This means that even when you do get ganked you should have enough health to be able to walk back to your turret. And while you are walking back to your turret you can be using his spin thing to stack bleeds on your opponents. Once you get near your turret you should be safe because of the turret damage and the bleed damage. In case they keep preasuring you, if you are building right, you fight them under the turret, hook them into you to keep them in the turret and laugh at them as you lop their skulls off. This is what I do most of the times when I get ganked.

    As to people being too stupid to get away, you make it sound as if you can just walk away from him. 100% not the case. If you are up against a smart Darius you HAVE to burn your flash or die because he can just hook you in to keep stacking the bleeds before taking your head. This is why the ultimate got nerfed, because you NEED an escape mechanism to not die against anyone who has played Darius even a handful of times. And when you die to it, it resets so he has it next time you come to lane. Darius was one of the biggest pubstompers in the game.

    There are allot of top laners that can farm safety from darius.
    If you are playing defensive he should be almost on your tower.
    He wont be tanky early to mid game.
    He wont have wards 100% of the time and if he is next to your tower your jungler/mid should be ganking from the enemy jungle(if they know were the enemy jungler is) making it almost impossible for him to escape.

    Here are some champions that out farm him and still bully him in lane.

    Garen -> just Q him and use E to back off even if he gets some auto attacks your passive will get your hp up in no time

    Kayle-> AS AP kayle will just Q you + E and drop your hp. she has W to heal and run from you. Her ulti prevents you from killing with your ulti.

    Teemo--> Blind + poison damage + W to run away.

    Yorick--> Good at trade offs since he can heal, can poke you from a safe spot. and farm from a fair distance.

    Vladimir--> Can stay in lane with is Q, can trade off with you and run to safety with W.

    Riven, shen, cho, Lulu, Olaf, Jax do not counter Darius per say but they are not countered by darius it comes to teamfights with mid and jungler ganks dictating who is going to win your lane more to say.




    Pick any of the above and you should do find.


    Jayce and Kazix are good picks too and volibear is not that bad has he will punish darius hard if he gets cough by his Q right before a gank, even if he doesnt die he will have to recall and you will have more exp and gold.


    But i can understand, why he seams unstoppable vs low elo players or players that are still leveling up their accounts, the problem is that balancing the game for this players hurts the e-sports of this game.
    The games needs more champions to be played not just 4 to 5 playable champions peer lane. Else games get boring to watch.
    Last edited by Etna; 2013-03-06 at 03:37 PM.
    Bad - This is a bad player, he refuses to learn how to play correctly.
    Casual - This is a player that will let everything else take priority over wow.
    Hardcore - This is a player that is fine with putting things on hold while he's on wow.
    Bad/Good - Measure of Skill.
    Casual/Hardcore - Measure of Time

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It hits his laning more due to this typical situation:

    It's 0-0 at top, and Darius hits 6. He goes all in, uses his ult to secure a kill, and is now 1-0, can B to pick up items, and comes back to lane with a lead on levels, items, and his ult will still be available.

    This change makes it so that the snowball effect from this is lessened due to his ult not being available after that 12 second window, thus not being able to use his ult again in-lane for a while. This is why Garen's and Riven's ults were given the same treatment by increasing the cooldown on it at rank 1, to lessen the snowball potential.
    And you think 12 seconds won't pass by the time he goes B, buys items and comes back to his lane, what? The one thing I can think of that will nerf his lane is not him being able to do a 1v2 fight when the enemy jungler comes so easily because even if he kills one of them, in 12 seconds with no ulti, the second one would have already killed him and the enemy team would get a kill+assist which is more gold than a kill only.

  4. #44
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    There are allot of top laners that can farm safety from darius.
    If you are playing defensive he should be almost on your tower.
    He wont be tanky early to mid game.
    He wont have wards 100% of the time and if he is next to your tower your jungler/mid should be ganking from the enemy jungle(if they know were the enemy jungler is) making it almost impossible for him to escape.
    There are a lot of top laners that can safely farm vs a lot of other top laners. What exactly is your point? You want to safely farm vs a melee champ, then you use something with ranged. Not a hard concept. You can just as easily use something with a heal and good sustain as well. This is all basic info that I really don't understand your point of saying. It doesn't change the fact that Darius can still get on you and stack the bleed to 5 very easily. Autoattack, spin, autoattack, hook, autoattack, spin.... Its not hard and takes very little actual time. Edit: and lets not forget about the slow.

    If you are playing defensive and he is playing aggressive he should be at your tower. But if he is SMART then he is trying to keep you at his tower and ONLY last hitting things. Realistically the lane should be frozen in the mid if both people are playing smart. Your "counter Darius" argument makes it sounds like YOU are playing smart and the Darius is playing stupid. Sure, if you can rely on your opponent playing stupid you can counter him with just about anything. But relying on stupidity is pretty stupid.

    Darius won't be tanky early game? So no Darius player takes defensive runes and health pots in the beginning of game? Noted. <rolls eyes>

    He won't be able to ward 100% of the time if he is stupid and stays on your tower and then your jungler gets easy ganks because he is stupid and over extends. That entire last line of what I quoted relies, again, on the Darius player being stupid. The only time any top laner with half a brain is going to push to the opposing tower early game is when he has help coming, when he has COMPLETE domination in the lane (meaning good warding and he is owning his opponents face), or when he is going to back to buy.

    Please, attempt to make an argument with the assumption that both top laners are equal skill and not with the assumption that the Darius player is a low ELO moron playign against someone vastly more intelligent than him. Then I will take something you say with more than a grain of salt.

    Edit: as to the nerf harming his e=sports blah blah blah. No, he will be able to use the dunk multiple times in team fights if played properly just as he could prenerf. As has been stated, the nerf hurts his laning phase while barely affecting his late game presence at all.
    Last edited by RAWRF; 2013-03-07 at 03:08 AM.

  5. #45
    Dreadlord Cludo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    774
    I think it was a well deserved change to Daruis. I do enjoy dunking people as Daruis but C'mon its OP as shit having instant reset on the cooldowns. That being said, what about Katarina? She gets her abilitys reset on a kill..

  6. #46
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    I think it was a well deserved change to Daruis. I do enjoy dunking people as Daruis but C'mon its OP as shit having instant reset on the cooldowns. That being said, what about Katarina? She gets her abilitys reset on a kill..
    Katarina's ult can be escaped, mitigated, does damage over time, and can be interrupted. Darius's ult has absolutely none of those weaknesses.

  7. #47
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Jungle
    Posts
    3,280
    Katarina is also a squishy Assassin whose job is to murder everyone before she dies. Darius doesn't have that problem since he is a bruiser.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  8. #48
    So finally played Darius after the change. The changes doesn't seem to change much about him, however I need to get out of the mentality of using his ult just because I'll get a kill when it's not needed to kill somebody. Catching a guy out in the jungle as a team and then using your ult is just wasting it now.

    Don't worry though if you're afraid of him becoming weaker with these changes. Just listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8 and you'll do 20% more damage.

  9. #49
    glad that guy rawrf got banned he can not talk to some one with out insulting and humiliating
    opps didn't know that this an a spam

    Infracted: Please post constructively and on topic. - Axethor
    Last edited by House; 2013-03-12 at 03:17 PM.

  10. #50
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    glad that guy rawrf got banned he can not talk to some one with out insulting and humiliating
    opps didn't know that this an a spam

    Infracted: Please post constructively and on topic. - Axethor
    I am so sorry for pointing out that you're a clueless baddy just QQing for the sake of QQing. I am also sorry you have little to know understanding of simple game mechanics like the proper use of flash and wards while playing a solo top character. I am equally sorry that you are completely incapable of a single intelligent thought. Furthermore I am also sorry that you cannot understand the things you are being told because you are too busy raging over a change that was obviously needed. And again, I am sorry that you are a low elo player and have no understanding of the differences this change makes in the laning phase compared to the team fight stage. This is all obviously my fault and I am sorry because at some point I must have met you IRL and pounded you about the head and neck to give you some seriously terrible brain damage.

    So, for all that, I am sorry. WILL YOU EVER FORGIVE ME???????


    Edit: Hey mods I will do it for you!

    Infracted: Please do not tell the truth in such a straight forward fashion as simple minded people can actually understand it and will report you for it. -[insert random mod name here]

    Infracted: Don't post just to insult other users. - Axethor
    Last edited by Axethor; 2013-03-13 at 07:46 PM. Reason: I don't always use purple.

  11. #51
    Dreadlord Renwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    804
    Now that is all out of the way, I don't really see how it's going to improve things since it's just rewarding people with better timing. It won't be as frequent, but it'll still be there to the point it barely changes much. Nevertheless though, he's still easy to CC, easy to poke from range, and does not have a lot of CCs himself
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 2/3/14*

  12. #52
    was kind of needed
    he's still the lane bully

  13. #53
    the amount of true damage he can throw out is silly, especially at level 11. i hate laning against darius only to have half my health be removed by unmitigated damage.

  14. #54
    I am Murloc! Duronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    5,896
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    the amount of true damage he can throw out is silly, especially at level 11. i hate laning against darius only to have half my health be removed by unmitigated damage.
    Yorick counters him quite hard actually, you should give him a shot.
    The guy with many Avatar: The Last Airbender names.



  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Yorick counters him quite hard actually, you should give him a shot.
    Seems like Yorick is supposed to be the counterpick for pretty much every top-laner, and yet nobody seems to play him.

  16. #56
    Brewmaster Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Seems like Yorick is supposed to be the counterpick for pretty much every top-laner, and yet nobody seems to play him.
    I have actually wondered why I haven't seen a Yorick since S3 hit... nothing happened to him after all, did it?
    Meh.

  17. #57
    Herald of the Titans TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    2,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Seems like Yorick is supposed to be the counterpick for pretty much every top-laner, and yet nobody seems to play him.
    The same seems to be said for most top lane champs yet the other day I had a Nidalee on my team somehow lose to Singed. There are too many factors for X champ beats Y champ to be an accurate statement with the exception of very specific situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.

  18. #58
    Yorick is a strong champion in lane but his impact in teamfights isn't that high. Don't forget that his nerfs hurt his already weak early game a LOT.

    Early: Mana problems and fairly weak (low damage and quite squishy. All he has is sustain. Harass from ghuls is very low because everyone can avoid them now) which allows the enemy top to play fairly aggressive and win trades and opens the possibility of counterjungling and early dives which are quite popular lately.

    Mid game: His strongest point in the game. He will hurt but only when he's able to reach you and he is fairly tanky. Quite a high chance that he is behind at this point already if the enemy abused his early game.

    Late game: His damage falls off quite hard but he becomes nearly impossible to kill and offers a (short) second life for a teammate.

    His ult was designed to be used with an AD carry but it was used most effectively in combination with Cass. This insane utility comes at a big price: If the enemy managed to shut down his primary target, he will have close to no impact on a teamfight.

  19. #59
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Jungle
    Posts
    3,280
    Yorick is also the most boring top lane to play ever. He is the definition of the a farm lane. A well played AD Nid is one of the few common top lane champs who can beat him.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  20. #60
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Yorick is also the most boring top lane to play ever. He is the definition of the a farm lane. A well played AD Nid is one of the few common top lane champs who can beat him.
    Renekton aswell, god it feels awesome trashing a Yorick <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •