Thread: Talon Help

Talon Help

I desperately want to play talon more. I LOVE the assassins of the game and talon's kit, lore, playstyle. I love it all. I know he can be a good counterpick mid, but i want to be able to regularly play him and not everyone likes an AD mid. So is there any other lane or anything where he is viable?

Deleted
    To fuck with what everyone else likes and dislikes.
    Do YOU like playing an AD (talon, or any other) mid? THEN GO FOR IT.

Half the community still needs to learn the fact that in yolo-queue (normals too), everything works.

But anyways, he's alright top if you know who you're against, but he'll get DESTROYED by most bruisers, but you could try some talon/x bot lane thing, those weird setups usually works because no one knows what the hell to do with it.

PS: If you need help with anything else remember to be specific.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-02-23 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    To fuck with what everyone else likes and dislikes.
    Do YOU like playing an AD (talon, or any other) mid? THEN GO FOR IT.

Half the community still needs to learn the fact that in yolo-queue (normals too), everything works.

But anyways, he's alright top if you know who you're against, but he'll get DESTROYED by most bruisers, but you could try some talon/x bot lane thing, those weird setups usually works because no one knows what the hell to do with it.

PS: If you need help with anything else remember to be specific.
    Best advice you can get on the matter.

In my opinion though.. He's best played as an AD mid. Easy farming, roaming, and you can easily kill the squishies once you get a Brutalizer and hit lvl 6.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just keep playing him AD mid. The only thing you gotta make sure to do is learn to lane vs both AP midlaners AND other AD assassins/bruisers, since you will be encountering both kinds if you plan on always going talon.

Some people might prefer you pick APs sometimes, but that's usually because they don't want the other team armor stacking vs you and the rest of your team. Just make sure you always get plenty of armor pen if they start doing that.

Deleted
    My team mate picks him support, and we definitely pwn.

Don't know how, from Ahri to Zyra that lane is ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can send your ad carry mid and go bot with the support.

It works very very well against certain matchups, yust look out for the more tanky lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorad View Post
    I desperately want to play talon more. I LOVE the assassins of the game and talon's kit, lore, playstyle. I love it all. I know he can be a good counterpick mid, but i want to be able to regularly play him and not everyone likes an AD mid. So is there any other lane or anything where he is viable?
    Pretty much every time I play him top I own against anyone. Most bruisers don't have the sustain to stay up against your rake. You have to be patient and pick your battle but you should start owning top eventually. He is very good on bottom especially as the support. And you can even run jungle with him as long as you don't get invaded and lose your blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Uhh.... Talon can jungle like a boss, and solo laning is not out of the question either. But to be honest, Talon is a low tier champion right now and if you are trying ranked play you are not going to be a very popular person choosing him.
    He's not exactly "low tier", it's just that other AD assassins can perform that role better, namely Zed and Kha'zix.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    The true definition of "Low Tier" is something like Karma or Heirmendinger, Talon is far from that. He's still a really damn good pick, it's just that Kha'zix and Zed do what he does but more/better so if you're min/maxing you should be playing them over him.

The word you're looking for is "outclassed".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    The true definition of "Low Tier" is something like Karma or Heirmendinger, Talon is far from that. He's still a really damn good pick, it's just that Kha'zix and Zed do what he does but more/better so if you're min/maxing you should be playing them over him.

The word you're looking for is "outclassed".
    No.

Low(er) tier means exactly what RAWRF said.

Talon is a fairly low-medi tier champion right now, he's not top-tier, neither is he low-tier.

AND PS. STOP STAYING HEIMER IS LOW-TIER. He's fucking awesome if played correctly. Thanks.

Heimer is far too easily countered. A lot of his power is centered around his turrets which can be instantly killed or smited in a teamfight. Which means whis damage can be easily countered even if you don't move away from where he set them up.

He is strong in lane. I doubt someone would disagree there but he doesn't do much in teamfights.

What build is best for playing Talon in mid? I just unlocked him but I'm not having allot of success so far. What should I focus on? AD? AS? Should I go for a more tanky build? What works well for you guys?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    What build is best for playing Talon in mid? I just unlocked him but I'm not having allot of success so far. What should I focus on? AD? AS? Should I go for a more tanky build? What works well for you guys?
    Get Brutalizer > Boots of mobility (if roaming, recommended) or Ionian (if not) > Bloodthirster > Black Cleaver > Last Whisper. This is basically core, your job is to pick squishes and do as much damage as you can, if you're dying too much you need to learn how to position yourself better.

After that it depends... Guardian Angel can be a good item; QSS if enemy as a lot of hard CC (even though you should always try to jump in when CC is mostly already used); I haven't tried it yet but BoTRK's active sounds amazing added to his combo so you could try that too.

R > W > (Q or E, whatever feels better for you). Starting W and then E (if enemy is ranged, if not Q first) then Q.

You should play him as a caster: use his abilities then walk back till they are back up. Prioritize squishy targets like their AP or AD carries.
    On low levels, if you managed to get a lot of poke and enemy laner is squishy, at level 3 when you have all of your 3 abilities you can actually go for a kill. A lot of people do not expect it.
    Mid game you need to abuse his roaming and ganking potential (reason why I prefer Boots of Mobility) or he falls off harder late game. Always remember to tell the lane you are ganking about it so they get ready!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Get Brutalizer > Boots of mobility (if roaming, recommended) or Ionian (if not) > Bloodthirster > Black Cleaver > Last Whisper. This is basically core, your job is to pick squishes and do as much damage as you can, if you're dying too much you need to learn how to position yourself better.
    I thought this was league of botrk?

Deleted
    Talon scales too well with AD to write off Bloodthirster, and considering he shouldn't be spending a lot of time autoattacking (or he dies) the only useful part of it is the active for him. The latest change to BoTRK that bumped the cost and reduced the AD made it probably even less worth it for him, but I'm not 100% sure...

I mentioned BoTRK after anyway, and as I already said, I haven't played him since the change to the item so I haven't tested it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    The simple fact that you think Heimer's power is centered around his turrets at all proves beyond a doubt that you are absolutely clueless in how to play him. His turrets are as important to him as Nidalee's and Caitlynn's traps are to them, and that being almost not at all beyond simple utility.

Any good Heimer player doesn't put a single point into turrets until they either feel the need for a ward (which is all a turret is good for really) or until rockets are maxed out.
    Thanks mr obvious () but if you want to compare champions you have to look at the full kit. You haven't told me something new. It's common knowledge.

He has a combined ap burst (single target) of 585 + 1.15 AP when you ignore his turrets and his abilities have fairly high cooldown with 9/10 seconds and his ult only increases the potential damage of his rockets (3->5 targets) and makes his grenade easier to land.

In 10seconds (assuming his 2nd grenade hits immediately and his turrets survive) he will do 2373 + 4.15 AP singletarget with turrets up. AoE that would be (ignoring turret splash damage that should be roughly compensated by assuming rockets and grenade hit everyone) 5913 + 11.15 AP damage.

Compare that to lux (picked an other champion who is good at poking) with a 1190 + 2.05 / 5950 + 10.25 damage potential. She has more than twice his singletarget damage and an only slightly lower AoE damage.

So why would you pick heimer over lux for teamfights (he is a beast in lane. Nobody ever disputed that). More reliable poke and a stun/blind vs Catch/instant kill potential and a shield which can shield twice (both can slow). If his turrets are destroyed fast, he will fall far behind in damage.