Thread: Desktop issue

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Desktop issue

Yesterday I started having issue when I turned my computer on i could click anything on my desktop thinking it was my mouse I used my old mouse which I know worked fine, now I believe it may be a virus of some sort as I have to alt+ctrl+del and bring task manger up then I'm able to clicking on icons etc and it I minimize a program it happens again and can't click on anything.

Anyone else experienced this before? doing my head in having to alt+ctrl+del every minute

Edit: Using Windows 8 64bit, Done spybot scan and a sfc scan

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you explain the issue a bit more clearly? I.. honestly can't really determine what the actual problem is. Can you not click on icons/programs/buttons?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Try googling: mouse click not working windows

Seems to be a fairly common issue. Lots of things to try in those google links; too many to cut'n'paste into this post.

Does your newest mouse come with a program like "setpoint" etc? If it does, uninstall it and reinstall it after you have determined if that was the problem or not.

If that's not the problem, open up your cmd prompt and write: sfc /scannow -Press enter. This will replace incorrect versions of protected system files, if you have incorrect versions. It might solve it.

Last, but no least. Get HW monitor and show us the voltage on your 5V rail.

If this won't help, we gonna need more details.