View Poll Results: Would you play an Ogre / Like them to become playable?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, in a heartbeat

103 35.03%
  • I'd like them if they were playable but might not make one myself

56 19.05%
  • No.

97 32.99%
  • Don't care

29 9.86%
  • Other

9 3.06%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wouldn't roll one but if players made that thud when they hit the ground dead like ogre npcs did it'd be a lot of fun hunting them in BGs

I would change my Orc shaman into an Ogre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ide say thats a given though, no matter what race gets added, from now on they will be relatively high quality in comparison to the others, its within blizzards power.
    I understand that, Im just saying it would require much more work than other races in the past to make them look good enough for me to want to play.

Anyone saying 'Ogre's are too dumb' just look at Cho'gal, one of the most powerful mages ever.

Orc-ogre hybrids from the Mok'Nathal clan could work instead. But they are mostly extinct. They are smaller than full Ogres and also more intelligent.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Anyone saying 'Ogre's are too dumb' just look at Cho'gal, one of the most powerful mages ever.
    The ones saying that are the same as the ones saying that Orcs are savages and that the Horde is evil.

Orc-ogre hybrids from the Mok'Nathal clan could work instead. But they are mostly extinct. They are smaller than full Ogres and also more intelligent.
    Bilgewater Goblins learnt us that Blizzard don't really care about the number of remaining individuals of a people when it comes to playable races.

He was a 2-headed ogre. 2-headed ogres are the ones Gul'dan made to be mages.
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Yes, no doubt at all
    I love them more than Trolls I admit, or Taurens

wouldn't really see the point at this stage of the game. Unless they were given some borderline OP racials for my favored class it wouldn't really be worth it.

Sorry, but a single Ogre personally trained by Gul'dan does not make Ogres as a race intelligent.
    They're stupid.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Sorry, but a single Ogre personally trained by Gul'dan does not make Ogres as a race intelligent.
    They're stupid.
    Ogri'la.

Right there we have more intelligent Ogres pre-Cata than we had intelligent Worgen.

And Worgen are already playable.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

I don't know, I'd question the intelligence of a nihilistic, chaos-worshiping, wantonly vicious madman (madmen?) whose repertoire of past deeds consists entirely of defeat and failure...

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Ogri'la.

Right there we have more intelligent Ogres pre-Cata than we had intelligent Worgen.

And Worgen are already playable.
    Their enlightenment was due to the Apexis crystals.

I'd make one, cause I make at least one of everything, but I wouldn't say it is a race I am hoping gets in.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Absolutely. I'd get a big stompy ogre warrior or something and go crush stuff.

I wouldn't mind seeing some running around but not for me, personally.
    Unsubscribed
    10 Kibblet 66 Infectionate 79 Serenades 29 Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    26 Kibble 85 Taxiporte 10 Restofarian 36 Fisticuffs 86 Blesshu 90 Sinnocence 60 Shoctologist 90 Ellipsis 85 Hiddenfee 54 Teddiursa

Sure at least they're better than goblins, but MoP killed my desire to have more than 2 chars at max level.

Depends what Alliance would get

I could see myself making an Ogre Warrior just because of their massive size.

Would I play one? No. Would I like to see them available as options? Sure, why not?

I mean, look at trolls, 99% of them are bad and the one good tribe is part of the Horde, and ogres have long since been members of the Horde historically. Sure, Ogres aren't going to be rocking the world of engineering like Goblins, but I would say most are only slightly less intelligent than your average Orc or Tauren, and the two headed varieties have already been show to be just as intelligent (if not more) and capable of magic. You show one how to ride a mount or pilot something, I'm sure they could manage. Or if you really want, just limit the classes to favor the more physical ones or ones already seen in-game: warrior, shaman, lock, mage. For others, monks I suppose since it's just more bashing and they do brew stuff (gee they brew and cook their food, capable of some intelligence), rogues would be a bit hard to justify since like Tauren, they just aren't sneaky, but they are physical. Then just lock out the light-affiliated classes of priests and paladins along with druids and you have a decent mix of classes to go with.