Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    It's not that I hate it, I'm just not used to hearing it from anyone else except my relatives, boss or teachers. To everyone else I'm Silkku. Heck, one of my friends even asked if my name really is Santeri after we had known for over a year since everyone called me Silkku and he'd never heard anyone refer to me in any other way

Deleted
    Well my name is Victor! I love it fits me good =)
    Tho im most known as Axo/Axe(Guess why and ill make u a Cookie!) or from my dear and near friends as Damp(Swedish version) ^_^

I Am The Victor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

I hate Josh. And Joshua. Especially Joshua. I had an ex-manager call me Joshy-Poo, and I wanted to punch the shit out of her every time. Now, my brother (who worked there at the time) and his wife (who was my manager elsewhere) call me that sometimes just because they know how much I hate it.
    It's not so bad. My brother's name is Josh.

OT: I like my name. I always introduce myself as 'Matt', which I like, but all my family members call me Matthew which I don't like as much.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post

OT: I like my name. I always introduce myself as 'Matt', which I like, but all my family members call me Matthew which I don't like as much.
    haha I was the opposite, my family always called me Matt, but I preferred Matthew... obviously not anymore, but you get it LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post

Everybody called my friend "Brad", yet I kept calling him "Bradley". I don't know or remember why.

i kind of like my name , Ramses , i think its fine

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh, and in my younger days it was "oshkoshbeJosh" because people are assholes.
    Look on the bright side, now you have a great story to tell - I sure laughed a lot at this :x

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind my name, though I envy people whom has some name with a cool meaning.

My name is Morten, quite a normal name really. My english speaking friends call me Mortie, and a few teases me and calls me Mortimer. It's an okay name as I said, but envy to the ones having a bit cooler sound name I must say. But by birth it's given and to death I take it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I would love the Name Leeroy Jenkins , however I guess I gotta keep with the name I have

10+ Year Old Account
    Not particularly, but I think I would have picked something different.

Not a fan of my middle name, but I don't think anyone is. The middle name tends to be the one parents use for some obscurely related family. I think I got mine off a great-uncle or grandfather I have never met.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    I hate pronunciation questions because I usually suck so bad at figuring them out.

Versluis, right?

... Ver-slew-ess
    ... Ver-slew-us
    ... Ver-sluice

... Verse-louis
    ... Verse-lou-ees
    ... Verseomgwhatisit-itsdrivingmecrazy
    Looks quite Dutch to me. In Dutch, the 'ui' sound is pronounced pretty similar to the 'ou' sound in English words like 'house' and 'mouse' - except pronounced a little flatter (at least, that's how I remember it as a non native Dutch speaker).

Just noticed this post is quite old.
    Oh well, maybe someone will find it useful
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

My name is John (Jan or Honza in my native language). As much as i like this name...i always wanted to be Max. I'm fascinated by this name from first Mad Max movie (at last i think). It would totally not go with my second name, but screw it!

Sofia is a beautiful name and I couldn't imagine being called anything else (except maybe Sofi, which is what most of my friends and family call me anyway, but I don't count that as it's almost exactly the same and I've had the nickname so long I don't even notice the difference).

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeremy
    Sounded out as Jer-Er-Me.

HATE IT!
    Nicknames include; Jemmy, Jezza, Jez, and Gemimah.

I'd rather a more common name like Nick, or Sam.
    Gosh damn.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

15+ Year Old Account
    My name is Henock Dawit Tella. It's kinda nice because I can usually get it as a username on almost any site. I don't know how I feel about it. My full name means "Dedicated beloved everlasting happiness"

Nicknames include: (In recent time) Henster, Henny, Henrock, Henockemon, Henockio, Henster of love, Henooks, Hens, and Hensterino. (In the past) Hencock and H

Edit: Oh and to avoid confusion I have a little saying I use to teach people how to say my name. "Hen as in a chicken and oak as is an oak tree" It saves me a lot of awkward conversations.
    Last edited by Henock; 2013-04-06 at 08:08 AM.
    You make me smile with my heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alain.

Pronounced Al-eh-in. Most people call me Alan. I correct them though, as I love my name. Only met another Alain.

French version of Alan.

10+ Year Old Account
    First name is Cody, and I despise it so very much. I would love to change it.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I don't mind my first name so much it's my last name I will probably end up changing. McLeary is my surname and people say McCleary and adamantly tell me at times I am McCleary even though they're really not the same. Cleirigh and Laoghaire. So I have considered changing my name to O Laoghaire it looks better and isnt as common as o'leary and McLeary. My given is most often used as a girls name so I will probably add a more male middle name

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    My name is James but i go by Jimmy. I don't hate my name because I lucked out in the cool name department. What if I was named Nico or some stupid shit like that.
    Nope, I mean sure it's not the best name for living in a english-speaking country but I dont hate it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno